Microsoft... Why are you so evil?

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That is highly homosexual. Theres no way in hell I'm going to buy Vista just to play Halo 2 -_-.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well that's nice to know, looks like people with out vista ready hardware are locked out of it. It would also dampen the sails of the game on pc. Afterall, what is wrong with XP?. I use to use a dual boot of 98se & XP after a year or so & didn't bother with 98se when I no longer had a use for it.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well they had to come up with some kind of marketing ploy for gamers, and I guess this one is decent. I'm not a big halo fan myself, and this wont prompt me to buy a new over-priced operating system, but it'll work for a lot of people who are on the fence about upgrading and want to see what's so great about Halo.

Zeonix please watch the language. There's a reason '***' is asterisked out.

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Why buy vista and 40 GB of ram to run the bloatware when you can just spend cash on a X-Box. It's a dumb marketing ploy.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
I'm sure you can wait for the patch that lets it run on XP

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What a load of BS. They think Halo 2 on Vista only is going to sell that crap? What a joke. I hope they get a rude awakening when nobody buys it, I know I sure as hell wont.

Best answers
while i am a bit surprised games you are gonna have to upgrade your operating system fir games eventually, things don't still run on windows 98 after all. This is just a BIT early though.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Considering the damn thing isnt even out yet, yes, I would say its a bit soon for things to be made exclusively for it. And doubly so for games that are supposed to be only on Xbox.

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
As far as I can remember, didn't people not like the original Halo on the PC, so I can't imagine that they expect the second installment to sell their new OS

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Dammit, now I can't play the same game i've been playing for over a year on a platform with much better entries in the FPS genre, I'm crushed..........

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Honestly, why do you all think so bad of Vista? For all you know it might be a good OS. Just give it time, and for you know it you guys are using Vista >_<

ESF Coder
🌠 Staff
Best answers
I can understand microsoft.
Vista(Codename Longhorn) is written in directx 10.
Currently OS( XPsp2 ) don't have directx10 support( only the dezember directx 9 sdk, but htere was only an preview ).
Why should they downgrade to an version that is in comparison worse?

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sorry 'bout that Boyster.

They should downgrade because everyone is using XP -_-. It isn't that they want uber graphics. They just want some extra cash.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
They should downgrade because everyone is using XP -_-. It isn't that they want uber graphics. They just want some extra cash.
As always. Besides, i hope Google's Operation System would own Windows. I atleast hope Google would make a OS, i heard that / saw it on a website i believe.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
FF|Skyrider said:
As always. Besides, i hope Google's Operation System would own Windows. I atleast hope Google would make a OS, i heard that / saw it on a website i believe.
That was just a rumor... it was rumored to be linux-based as well, so you'd have no clue how to use it. :p

Best answers
I know you guys think it won't sell, but when it comes out it's gonna make Vista the new fad for casuel PC gamers...microsoft is clever.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You mean greedy.

Best answers
halo 2 wasnt even that great..why bother upgrading just to play it?...i have TONS of friends who say they perffer halo 1>halo 2...so why bother?...microsoft is full of idiots..

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom