Microsoft Bans modded xbox 360's from xbox live.

Mr. Preacher
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
- Microsoft has begin to ban modded Xbox 360 systems from connecting to Xbox Live, starting this week Xbox Live server rejects Xbox 360 consoles equipped with modchips from connecting to any Xbox Live services. Microsoft explained that this step is to ensure the integrity of their service, protection of their partners and benefits of Xbox Live users. Those who were banned can still keep their profile and achievements when they reconnect with an unmodded Xbox 360 console.[
Quoted from http://the-magicbox.com

I found this quite interesting. Now I myself don't own an xbox 360 but I was planning on getting on sometime in the near future and of course I was going to mod it like I did with my ps2 but now it seems I won't be able too until someone comes up with a way to bypass this. Now I'm wondering how they know if your system is modified does it send some sort of specs to the microsoft xbox live DB that shows you have a mod chip installed or what? I know eventually mod chip makers will eventually learn how to ghost their hardware so its not detected in a systems check if thats how their doing it but until that time comes just another temporary way of stopping people of playing games on a backup dvd.

So what do you guys think about this?

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
they have been doing this for years on the regular xbox, not surprising that they are doing the same with the 360.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
sounds to me like those people who mod their x-boxes forgot to read the license

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
sounds to me like those people who mod their x-boxes forgot to read the license
Basically. I don't agree with these draconian measures as there are plenty of legal reasons for modding a game system. However, it's a liscense violation and the companies get to make their own rules in this regard.

Best answers
my uncle works on these things. he doesnt mod it, he puts a wire in somewhere wich fools the hd. oh and ofcourse he changes the hd to a 320gb or so. and also hes been playing xbox live for quite some time now,(2yrs?) so i guess it wont be able to bann him if he doesnt have a modchip now will it?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well if they made every game for every region we wouldn't have had this problem in the first place.

Perhaps unrealistic, but true.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well if they made every game for every region we wouldn't have had this problem in the first place.

Perhaps unrealistic, but true.
yeah, like thats the only reason people mod their consoles :laff:

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yeah, like thats the only reason people mod their consoles :laff:
Hah, well, that's the only reason I could think off. If there are others, then I have highly underestimated what a modded console can do.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
lets see, the 2 big ones im sure.

downloading and installing games to the hard drive,
playing dvd copies of games.

if its anything like previous mod chips that is

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'd say the majority of people get them for piracy, and since the 360 is hardly one of those consoles with a ton of extra games available in other regions...

I have nothing against this. I don't have a 360, and unlike some DRM, this has no effect on honest Xbox users.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Microsoft devours the still-beating hearts of pirates throughout cyberspace. I applaud them. I don't want those hackboxes on my network, period.

Best answers
as much as i like pirates, i ALSO enjoy devouring still beating hearts. Also, as someone going into the gaming industry, i have to say good job protecting your interests microsoft!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom