Microsoft Announces Xbox 360 Price

Best answers
For gamers who want the ultimate experience (and the best value) right out of the box, Microsoft will offer the $399.99 U.S./€399.99/£279.99 Xbox 360 console. This premium edition — distinguished by signature metallic detailing on the console itself — comes fully loaded for the ultimate gaming experience, with components and accessories that would cost more than $200 if sold separately:

* Xbox 360 console. Sexy styling that packs a punch — three powerful core processors are poised to pump out 720p/1080i output, 16x9 cinematic aspect ratio, anti-aliasing for smooth textures, full surround sound and DVD playback right out of the box.
* Xbox 360 Hard Drive (20 GB). 20 GB and detachable, the hard drive allows gamers to store their games, music, downloaded trailers, levels, demos and community-created content from Xbox Live Marketplace.
* Xbox 360 Wireless Controller. Hassle-free high-performance precision wireless gaming features the Xbox Guide Button for quick access to digital movies, music and games libraries as well as a range and battery life of up to 30 feet and 30 hours of life on two AA batteries.
* Xbox 360 Faceplate. The removable Faceplate comes in stylish “chill” (white) and can be swapped out with custom Faceplates to reflect gamers’ personalities or decor.
* Xbox 360 Headset. This lets gamers strategize with teammates or trash-talk opponents while playing games on Xbox Live.
* Xbox 360 Component HD-AV Cable. This connects gamers to the world of Xbox 360 games and graphics through high-definition and standard-definition connections.
* Xbox Live Silver membership. With this, gamers can chat with friends online, send and receive voice and text messages, and access new content from Xbox Live Marketplace demos such as trailers and casual games from Xbox Live Arcade.
* A bonus Media Remote: Included for a limited time, the integrated control center for the entire digital experience lets consumers play DVDs, movies and music, as well as access their Windows® XP Media Center Edition 2005-based PC's controls with a single remote.

At $299.99 U.S./€299.99/£209.99, the Xbox 360 Core System comes standard with what consumers need to jump right into next-generation games and media, and is fully expandable to the complete Xbox 360 experience:

* Xbox 360 console. As with the premium edition, three powerful core processors pump out 720p/1080i output, 16x9 cinematic aspect ratio, anti-aliasing for smooth textures, full surround sound and DVD playback right out of the box.
* Xbox 360 Controller. This wired controller features an extended nine-foot cable and a comfortable, enhanced ergonomic design.
* Xbox 360 Faceplate. Like no other console before, the Xbox 360 console allows customization and a removable Faceplate that comes in stylish “chill” (white), which can be swapped out with other custom Faceplates to reflect gamers’ personalities or decor.
* Xbox 360 Standard AV Cable. This connects gamers to the world of Xbox 360, delivering great next-generation graphics and games using standard-definition connections.

More info here

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Not a bad price :D. But I can't stand the Xbox, so count me out O/.

[nintendo fanboy FTW O/]

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Heh, nice things inside :0. I wouldnt mind taking it apart and giving the parts to my pc...

Thats too much. I'd rather get a PS3. Plus, I never DID like the Xbox... -_-

kind of pricy

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
Heh, pricey, better start selling my organs now :p

Also, one indication of any stupid console war in this thread gets an immediate warning, so have fun. Don't even make hints at all, please.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
To 400 bucks, I say what the ****? No way in hell I'm paying 400 bucks for that.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Doesn't matter to me. It's going to be a waste of money buying an Xbox 360 when it first comes out... Theres going to be no good games out. Wait until they drop the price and release some good games.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sub said:
Doesn't matter to me. It's going to be a waste of money buying an Xbox 360 when it first comes out... Theres going to be no good games out. Wait until they drop the price and release some good games.
you make good sense... if i wanted one thats what i'd do

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ja, like when the gamecube and xbox first came out my friend spent the night in a wal-mart parking lot and was first in line to buy both the xbox and the gamecube at there highest prices :) [around $250 I believe]. Now a few years later I get my gamecube for $60.00 at a trade in game store. So....forget about the hype, im waiting awhile after the releases to get any of the nextgen consoles...

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Davidskiwan said:
you make good sense... if i wanted one thats what i'd do
Yeah, i don't want one either. I'm just saying, thats what people should do. It'd just be a waste of money otherwise.

Best answers
I dont even plan on buying any of the consoles anyway, I'm putting the very little money I already make into my computer that still doesnt work, but If I do change my mind that money will go to buying a new xbox 360 or the PS3 in a few years (more like 5).

Oh and why would you want to detach your hard drive anyway?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's only 20gb, if you fill it you might buy another one and switch them.

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The XBox was 300$ at launch, just like the XB360. The deluxe version is more. Sounds reasonable to me.. I just don't want an XB360 as much as a PS3.

Best answers
Dissapointing that the cheaper version doesn't come with the hard drive, or even a memory card. I couldn't care less about the other stuff that comes with the expensive pack, but out of the £70 I'd save buying the cheaper version, I'd have to spend at least £30 on a memory card :(

Oh, and for those saying the 360 is over priced, there are quotes of Sony saying that the PS3 will be very expensive. Not trying to say either is better, I'm just suggesting that the higher prices might become a trend.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm buying the premium version the minute it's available. And to be honest, with the increase in technology and possibilities I honestly think €400 isn't such a bad price.

Retired Forum Staff
Best answers
So over £300 for console plus game? Yeah.. right..

Let's be blunt here. The £209 version is nothing more than an excuse for Microsoft to say 'We came into the next generation at as low as £209, how great are we?!' Anyone who actually wants to enjoy their 360 is going to pay the higher price. And you can tell Microsoft are thinking that way. They don't even like the people who buy the cheap one.

What does the difference between getting a wired controller and a wireless controller say to me? It says that Microsoft has no respect for the gamers who won't splurge £300 on a computer game.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Engar said:
So over £300 for console plus game? Yeah.. right..

Let's be blunt here. The £209 version is nothing more than an excuse for Microsoft to say 'We came into the next generation at as low as £209, how great are we?!' Anyone who actually wants to enjoy their 360 is going to pay the higher price. And you can tell Microsoft are thinking that way. They don't even like the people who buy the cheap one.

What does the difference between getting a wired controller and a wireless controller say to me? It says that Microsoft has no respect for the gamers who won't splurge £300 on a computer game.
Yep, thats true. Hell, the lower priced 360 will not even have backwards compatibility. If you want to play any of the current gen console games on the 360, you'll have to buy the higher priced 360 =/.

Best answers
Meh, it's kind of hard to come up with negative points about Microsoft releasing a cheaper console for those that want it. It's not for everyone, but some people won't be interested in backwards compatiblity or HD support, in which case they're getting a good deal. Even the premium package isn't that expensive (wasn't the PS2 and Xbox £300 on launch?), and it comes with some decent stuff.

On a side note, is the wireless pad going to be rechargeable? It's listed there are having 30 hours life time on two AA batteries. Does that mean I'm going to have to buy new batteries for it every week or two?

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm pretty sure its rechargeable, not positive though.

Best answers
I'm not thinking of buying, not really interested.
The xbox button on the controller gives me the creeps.. They say when i press that button a whole new world of opportunities will open o_O.
Get me? That's the button of destruction. "A whole new world"....we knew it, we knew it all along. I dunno what freaky things'll happen when i press that button. I really don't want to think about it, but i just can't.
People, visualize:
When you are sitting on your comfortable chair and just ate $400 out of your wallet, you press that button... The "great round button" on the front of the xbox starts bleeping. You walk towards it. While you're approaching the button starts bleeping faster and faster.....and after a few seconds.... kaboom!
From that moment on "a whole new world" opened.

See? I started visualizing again...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom