Mice regrow limbs and heart

Best answers
Sweet! But will it work on Humans is the question? People could live for like ever. Regrow heart... amazing!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I hope it works with humans. By the time im 90 years old, ill ask a doctor to cut my heart out, and ill just be like Wtf, ill regenrate one. Good as new!

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I do not support the idea of having a 90 year old live for another 30 years...

But very interesting article, no body wants to die early, I see it as one more step to making a super human.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sweet, not only can the MRL regen, but scientists can pass on the cells to normal mice so they can too. It would be revolutionary if this could be done with humans as well. Does this mean it could be used to cure cancer if the infected/mutated cells or organs were removed and naturally regrown?

"It is quite remarkable. The only organ that did not grow back was the brain."
Hmmm...where've I heard that before.

:eek:

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This sounds cool, I just hope there not bluffing...[cough]cloning[/cough]

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sounds interesting! If I'm not mistaken, I believe we as humans can regenerate our livers (with limits, like half of a liver can reconstruct itself to a complete one), but that's the only organ with that ability.

Too bad it wouldn't be of as much use to people with autoimmune diseases, though. The body would regenerate an organ, only to have its own immune system destroy it again.

"Growing your own" would be a much better alternative to people on organ waiting lists, though. I wonder, would that eliminate the need for anti-rejection medication?

I don't want to get ahead of myself, though. Mice are quite differently from us, even if we share many common or similar genes with the other mammals. Still, it looks like another promising concept of the future that could do some serious good if used properly.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It would be great for kidneys, you can donate one and live off the other and in time it'll regrow. Thing is, is it an automatic body process (the same way skin heals and repairs) or does it require going into a lab and stuff?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
But what if you NEED to remove a certain body part? Does it still grow back?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Saiyan_Overlord said:
now I can regrow my balls XD.
I knew it!

This is actually some pretty interesting stuff. Its even science, unlike that other "science" thread... Imagine how this could extend peoples lives. If any part of your body were to fail (minus yur head :p ) you could get a shot and grow a new one, like fixing your car almost. I wonder how well the limbs and stuff grow back. Would it be like before, or would it look like that ugly dog?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i'd presume they'd grow to a more healthy version, got a dodgy knee? cut it off and let it grow back xD

i can imagine this annoying people as well, tattoo's, piercings and other techniques that involve somthing being removed would have a hard time :0

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
Hm, I wonder how the failures went, just amputating a mouse and nothing grows back, so they just throw it away..or eat it :eek:

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
oh i just bet those scientists loved their job, chopping up mice all day......yum.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
No more people would have to use those plastic legs and stuff and they could send like one soldier to take out a whole country...
I like this. But what if if you lose a leg and it grows back, but now you have two left feet.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I´ve this would work for humans then....
i dont need this <_< .... i like to have a short but good time.. so i dont need ****ed up more 30 years to feel like **** and wait for my death -.-"

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Tryforce said:
I´ve this would work for humans then....
i dont need this <_< .... i like to have a short but good time.. so i dont need ****ed up more 30 years to feel like **** and wait for my death -.-"
Uhhh, nobody said it would be mandatory, and that if it does work on humans, you HAVE to get the shot >_>. If it did work on humans, it would be more so for people who need to have a limb or organ removed due to extreme damage, or disease. Not because some 90 year old wants to live for 30 more.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yea. It'll be used for the good of mankind.

For now.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Imagine a war that never ends because the soldiers keep regenerating D:

Do the mice grow brand spanking new hearts or just copies of the original hearts? No point in regenerating a heart riddled with problems =/.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom