Mice regrow limbs and heart

Best answers
Arthos said:
Yea. It'll be used for the good of mankind.

For now.
Yea sure [/cough]naive[cough]

It will proably be extreemly expenciv and only ritch peapole can afford it.

But if it goes otherwise then meny peapole will surely start acting grayzi cus "no need to worry ill grow back"

Why cant peapole exept that they are going to die.
I mean whats the point of living long isnt 50 ore 60 years enugh.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Corefinder said:
Yea sure [/cough]naive[cough]

It will proably be extreemly expenciv and only ritch peapole can afford it.

But if it goes otherwise then meny peapole will surely start acting grayzi cus "no need to worry ill grow back"

Why cant peapole exept that they are going to die.
I mean whats the point of living long isnt 50 ore 60 years enugh.
I don't know about you, but I'd love to live 150-200 years long. I sincerely doubt this will increase life length by much, if any at all, but it'd be good for organ problems.

Best answers
In second tought it would be good but only if i dont age physicaly.
At age of 150 id be a dry plum. Id have to be burryed in shoe box.
Thats why i wouldnt like it.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ah, i can see it now "wolverine syndrome" hahaha

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Corefinder said:
In second tought it would be good but only if i dont age physicaly.
At age of 150 id be a dry plum. Id have to be burryed in shoe box.
Thats why i wouldnt like it.
Do you really know that? If you slowed down aging, you could look ~70 at ~200. Who knows? Of course, this isn't the drive of the thread, but ... meh.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Mad_AxMan said:
ah, i can see it now "wolverine syndrome" hahaha

The Hulk, Wolverine, Piccolo, Cell, Buu...It's like an overly done costume party....

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Living 200+ years would be awesome. Imagine all the things we could learn. All we need to do is unlock cellular memory. When that happens (and it will), we can clone einstein, give him his memories, and then he can begin working on the Death Star..err...a machine that brings about world piece/divides the world into many pieces. Same thing.

Best answers
Well if it is possible to find different genes with regenitive properties, wouldn't it make sense if there were aging genes that could be altered to slow the age process? Or even work next to these regenerative genes and keep us youthful forever?

LoL wars would be scary. Headshots only!

Best answers
It'll never happen. We're too complex... our nervous systems couldn't handle regrowing limbs...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Zeonix said:
Living 200+ years would be awesome. Imagine all the things we could learn. All we need to do is unlock cellular memory. When that happens (and it will), we can clone einstein, give him his memories, and then he can begin working on the Death Star..err...a machine that brings about world piece/divides the world into many pieces. Same thing.
Uh... last I heard your DNA doesnt hold your memories. So cloning Einstein would only give you a baby with old guy DNA. Wouldnt live too long, thats for sure.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Time before last I heard, there were only nine planets in our solar system. There appears to be 10 now. Who knew? My point is we are constantly finding new things. Science changes. Facts change.

And no, the baby wouldnt have old guy dna and die in a month -_-. If that were true, cloning would be ridiculous and no one would bother researching it since all the clones would die extremely quickly.

@Wolf-Devil: It can happen, and it probably will happen. After all, nothing is impossible.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Welcome all kids! Try our new product!

It's a gun, a REAL gun, but dont worry, its for playing!

Shoot your friends, Shoot your dogs!

Mad at your parents? Shoot them as well!

Worried you'll die? Fret not! You can just regenerate!

Just for a low payment of 1337.99$!

Really though, that would be some bad ass **** if they can pull this off.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah....I dont think regeneration will work quite like that. Even Piccolo dies from getting the crap beaten out him.

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Unfortunately we would not live longer than average. Our bodies run off of a biological clock; even if we regenerated our organs, our biological clock will not reset. If we lived on a different planet the whole time that we have lived on the Earth, then that would be different. Mostly due to the fact the further awat the planet is, the longer it takes to revolve around the sun, meaning time is much longer. I only state that due to what I believe about adaptability.

Our bodies have regenerative abilities, just that they are not as complex as regenerating a replacement limb.

Besides, I do not think anyone should read too much into it. Including that is the only site I ever heard anything about what has been posted on these boards. I looked them up at alternative sources and it comes up with nothing that even remotely resembles these articles.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If our cells were constantly regenerating without them breaking down, we might not age. It seems as though our mitochondria is directly related with how long it takes for us to die. As they begin to break down, we begin to age and eventually meet the reaper.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Think about the mental health of a paitent though, would they go insane after this sought of treatment ? I wonder what would happen to the human testers, they might freak out and go insane :(.

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, I think there is more to it than that. The whole body is degenerating or "rotting" as we continue to grow older. Including that Mitochondria's primary function is to break down organic materials into energy. Mostly aging has to do with isolated cells that somehow start dividing/reproducing slower. You also have to account for DNA which I believe does tell when the body starts to degrade and eventually die.

Like if your family has a history of dieing at a certain age; most likely that will be passed on to you, though you would probably live longer since that time prolongs over extended periods of time.

It could be possible that the degeneration of the body has to do with being effected by the environment in which it can damage, mutate or destroy cells in a above average rate since cells are constantly being created and destroyed.

Also you have to consider that it is possible that even though you are able to regenerate limbs or organs that your brain is still aging. In that case, the aging process might go deeper than the conscious mind.

And like what someone said previously, our nervous system would not be able to withstand the regenerative process only IF it was instantaneous; like Dragon Ball Z.

If the regenerative process is slow then we probably would be able to withstand it.

Also cells do contain memory, just not in a sense that you can look at it and go “Soooooo that’s what happened that night!”. The memory contained is nothing more than data which is in a form which we can not read; basically it is coded in a special language; although mostly memory is in a form of a Neurological Signal which is sent and interpreted by the brain. Though the cells do play a part in memory.

EDIT

I think if anyone went through a dramatic physical change in a matter of seconds, then I think they would be screaming from the tremendous amount of pain.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
MC said:
Well, I think there is more to it than that. The whole body is degenerating or "rotting" as we continue to grow older. Including that Mitochondria's primary function is to break down organic materials into energy. Mostly aging has to do with isolated cells that somehow start dividing/reproducing slower. You also have to account for DNA which I believe does tell when the body starts to degrade and eventually die.

Like if your family has a history of dieing at a certain age; most likely that will be passed on to you, though you would probably live longer since that time prolongs over extended periods of time.

It could be possible that the degeneration of the body has to do with being effected by the environment in which it can damage, mutate or destroy cells in a above average rate since cells are constantly being created and destroyed.

Also you have to consider that it is possible that even though you are able to regenerate limbs or organs that your brain is still aging. In that case, the aging process might go deeper than the conscious mind.

And like what someone said previously, our nervous system would not be able to withstand the regenerative process only IF it was instantaneous; like Dragon Ball Z.

If the regenerative process is slow then we probably would be able to withstand it.

Also cells do contain memory, just not in a sense that you can look at it and go “Soooooo that’s what happened that night!”. The memory contained is nothing more than data which is in a form which we can not read; basically it is coded in a special language; although mostly memory is in a form of a Neurological Signal which is sent and interpreted by the brain. Though the cells do play a part in memory.

EDIT

I think if anyone went through a dramatic physical change in a matter of seconds, then I think they would be screaming from the tremendous amount of pain.
Your'e pretty bright, you study science ?. Though you have to think with the process of a limb being regrown, the body could somewhat get a strain ?.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well those tiny lizards grom back their tails and starfish grow back their legs, why can they do it without extreme pain?

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Zeonix said:
And no, the baby wouldnt have old guy dna and die in a month -_-. If that were true, cloning would be ridiculous and no one would bother researching it since all the clones would die extremely quickly.
If I remember correctly, clones seem to have much shorter life spans than the original, and succumb to sickness more. I also seem to remember that there were nearly 100 unsuccessfull tries before they got "Dolly" the sheep.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom