Metroid Prime 3

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
Just finished it a few minutes ago, 76% on my first run without using any walkthroughs or anything, ending time was 13:49

Great game, a bit short, but great way to end the Prime trilogy, anyone else played it yet?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I wish. Europe, as usual, gets shafted, so we don't get it until October.

I'm not that torn, though. I still have Super Paper Mario to play (we just got it on the 14th lolwtf), Skate, Mass Effect, BioShock and then my XBLA and Virtual Console games, so I'm keeping myself plenty occupied. And that's even without my busy school schedule.

Real excited for MP3, though. <3

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I got 100% on the first run through (though I was only playing on normal). The certain area that you end up in about half way through the game makes the 100% item acquisition mark pretty easy to get if you've got the patience to backtrack a fair bit (and if you're a real Metroid fan, that shouldn't be asking a lot, at least in my opinion). I finished the game the week before last out of sincere desire to finish it before classes started for me.

I was greatly satisfied with this closure of the Prime Trilogy. I was really hoping for a certain character to make an appearance, but I was more than happy with everything else that did end up in the game.

I was also quite pleased with the controls. I can say, without hyperbole, that I've never been so comfortable with a console shooter's controls as I am with MP 3's. The adjustable sensitivity makes it easy to start off with a more rigid scheme to get used to the feel of the game, and then step up to the advanced sensitivity in order to get tight control over your aim, as well as more rapid turning.

While I still think that the original Metroid Prime was the best of the trilogy (there were certain nuances that really made that game special in my eyes), this one has done absolutely wonderfully for itself, and I think it really demonstrates how well the Wii can handle shooters.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I haven't played Metroid Prime 3. I have Echoes for the Gamecube, and right now I'm stuck. I'm too lazy to actually use an internet guide, but when I play the game again, I'll try and figure it out. I don't think it's that awesome, personally I think Nintendo sort of corrupted the Metroid franchise by changing it into a 1st person shooter. I would have liked a platformer or a 3rd person shooter. Anyways the game is good, I'm guessing this one is good and if I get the chance to play it sometime, I'll leave some feedback here.

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
I got 100% on the first run through (though I was only playing on normal). The certain area that you end up in about half way through the game makes the 100% item acquisition mark pretty easy to get if you've got the patience to backtrack a fair bit (and if you're a real Metroid fan, that shouldn't be asking a lot, at least in my opinion). I finished the game the week before last out of sincere desire to finish it before classes started for me.

I was greatly satisfied with this closure of the Prime Trilogy. I was really hoping for a certain character to make an appearance, but I was more than happy with everything else that did end up in the game.

I was also quite pleased with the controls. I can say, without hyperbole, that I've never been so comfortable with a console shooter's controls as I am with MP 3's. The adjustable sensitivity makes it easy to start off with a more rigid scheme to get used to the feel of the game, and then step up to the advanced sensitivity in order to get tight control over your aim, as well as more rapid turning.

While I still think that the original Metroid Prime was the best of the trilogy (there were certain nuances that really made that game special in my eyes), this one has done absolutely wonderfully for itself, and I think it really demonstrates how well the Wii can handle shooters.
I'm betting the character you were hoping for was Kraid.

Did I win something?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I haven't played Metroid Prime 3. I have Echoes for the Gamecube, and right now I'm stuck. I'm too lazy to actually use an internet guide, but when I play the game again, I'll try and figure it out. I don't think it's that awesome, personally I think Nintendo sort of corrupted the Metroid franchise by changing it into a 1st person shooter. I would have liked a platformer or a 3rd person shooter. Anyways the game is good, I'm guessing this one is good and if I get the chance to play it sometime, I'll leave some feedback here.
Have you played Prime 1?

It's a lot better than Prime 2, IMO.

If you've only played Prime 2, then you can't see the atmosphere and style they've managed to put into their games, simply because Prime 2 has you running around that stupid dark world half the time.

Now, play Prime 1, and you'll see they know their stuff. Prime 1 has a ton more atmosphere and less frustrating gameplay.

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm betting the character you were hoping for was Kraid.

Did I win something?
You win the reaffirmation of the fact that you know me too well =P

Yes, I guess it's not really a spoiler since it's not part of the game's plot, but I was really hoping to see Kraid rebuilt for the Prime trilogy in much the same way Ridley was.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom