Metroid prime 3- Expert controls

whereswarren (King_Vegeta)
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
As we played a new single-level demo of the Prime 3 at Nintendo's Wii event in New York City, the game's designers told us that we absolutely needed to try the new "expert" control mode. They explained that they hoped it would satisfy our cravings for first-person maneuverability similar to a mouse and keyboard configuration in FPSs on the PC platform.

We started up a new level where heroine Samus Aran explores a vast space station and immediately switched to expert mode. We're happy to report that it simulates the accuracy of PC first-person shooters almost perfectly, and we found ourselves soaring through levels, zipping around corners, pulling quick turns and zapping down enemies with pinpoint precision within seconds. Simply put, Retro has pretty much nailed it - and it makes the wait to 2007 for the game that much more difficult. We're not kidding when we write that Prime 3 feels like a brand new game with this control.
-IGN

Woooo, sounds as if it's gonna rock the ****.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I've seen the Expert controls in some of the new gameplay clips, and it looks like a massive improvement over last E3's build.

Can't wait to get into Samus' suit and start kicking ass~

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, im just finishing off 2 so when this little gem comes around i'll be all up to date on what's going on :p

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
And in the same build, other sites such as 1up said that the controls were still not sufficient. I don't trust that glowing article that IGN posted, they claimed the controls were almost flawless when just by looking at the videos one can tell that their not.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think they look nice and fluid, and swift. I think I could work very well with the new Expert controls.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Still though the game has been delayed till next year so hopefully we will see more control improvments.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom