Metal Gear Solid Movie Confirmed

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Finally, after all this time the Metal Gear Solid movie is a reality. According to a report from Variety, Sony chair Yair Landau confirmed that a film adaptation of Konami's legendary stealth action game franchise is in the works. Landau gave the confirmation after his keynote speech during the DICE videogame conference Thursday night. The film's producer will be Michael De Luca, the same man who produced Ghost Rider, Blade II, and numerous other movies. Hideo Kojima, the creator of the Metal Gear franchise, will be credited as the film's executive producer. No other info about the movie was revealed. The Internet Movie Database has the MGS movie slated for a 2008 release.
Source: http://www.gamespy.com/

Sony is bringing hit vidgame franchise "Metal Gear Solid" to the bigscreen.

Michael De Luca will produce the adaptation, with vidgame creator Hideo Kojima as exec producer. A bigscreen adaptation of the futuristic vidgame has been rumored since last May's E3 confab, but negotiations with Konami Digital Entertainment have been ongoing. Sony chair Yair Landau confirmed it was in the works following his keynote speech Thursday at the DICE vidgame confab in Las Vegas.

Columbia co-prexy of production Doug Belgrad hailed the franchise as especially cinematic in its storytelling and "loaded with well-developed, intriguing characters."

"Metal Gear Solid" has sold more than 20 million units since 1998, but its roots date back even further; the first "Metal Gear" game came out in 1987. Stealth action title became one of the industry's biggest hits and has four sequels, the last three of which came out under the "Metal Gear Solid" moniker. Another sequel is set for release this year.

"Metal Gear" games involve political intrigue and have a generally antiwar message.

CAA represents Konami and negotiated the deal.
Source: http://www.variety.com/

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Kiefer Sutherland for solid snake! o/

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I say we get Kurt Russell to a Gym

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
How many different snakes do we need russel to play ;P

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Too bad David Hayter looks like a complete wuss, but he has the best voice ever. Not even Russell can touch that. >=]

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Kurt Russel.

The original solid snake.

actually, if you look at the original artwork for solid snake, then the guy from Terminator (not ah-nold) is Solid Snake.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Kojima said himself that he based the character of Snake on Snake Pliskin from the Escape from New York/LA movies. Plus the later designs of Snake were much more Kurt Russell like.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
he said some elements of the character were based on pliskin, sure it's no coincidence that in MGS2 he had the same handle either, but that doesn't mean other people didn't influence the character, and couldnt capably play the role.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i think he was more or less focussed on the word "original" when he made that post ^^

i cant really picture any known celebrity pulling off a convincing solid snake, sutherland does have a nice deep voice, but he would be much better suited for a villain because of which.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I know this, but to me, I'll always see Kurt in Snake, It's just something that I cannot disassociate, any other actor to me seems wrong. I know they'll find someone and they'll pull it off, but it just wont be the same for me. It's kinda like Obi Wan in the new star Wars, when i think Obi Wan, I think Alec Guinness not Ewan Mcgregor.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Vin Diesel has the Snake voice, but...imagine seeing Snake bald...it would just not be the same o_o. No, David Hayter has the best voice, he just won't play him. I think a CG movie would be the best option, having all the good voices and looks, and it would allow for some much better effects IMO.

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
Damn.. whats with all the video game movies lately. Its like a fad :/

Sounds like a cool movie though, i'll probably see it.
Too bad it'll probably suck though. =/

like all game movies.
However, with Kojima on the project, it might not suck balls, just one ball though.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
the only thing i am thinking though, is that this movie won't actually be based on any of the games. maybe it will be the link between MGS2 and MGS4?

O_O that would be so sick...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
wow, Metal Gear Solid is one of my favorite games of all times (the psx one)
i'm actually glad they're making one :)
At one time , Uwe Boll tried to make, but good that he won't.

Best answers
Vin Diesel for snake tbh
Oh god please no. Vid Diesel is the worst actor ever. The movie would suck balls. He doesn't even have the voice for it, nor the hair. Eck, I gagged thinking about him in Snake's outfit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom