Metal Gear Solid Issue

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm playing the PC version. It's bugging the crap out of me. Let me start by saying I've tried every compatability mode to no avail. My drivers (for a Geforce 6800) are up to date, everything else that matters is fully up to date. I'm not the only person to have problems, but I'm hoping to get further with it than anybody else has. For one thing, it's a very old game which makes finding discussion difficult, which is why I'm making my own. :/

The problem is that when I try to play, it tells me that it can't render in hardware mode because my card doesn't meet some requirement (even though it far exceeds the requirement), then tells me it will render in software mode instead. Ok, I can live with that. Oh wait, now it's telling me something about software mode not working either. It's annoying as crap, I want to go back and play one of my favorite games ever. :(

HALP!

Edit: Oh and Konami's site is useless, I went there first, followed by isohunt (there's usually good information left in comments on getting **** to work if it's broken).

Last edited:

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I know exactly what to do to fix this problem.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sadly MGS seems to have a thing for new GFX cards. LIke the new cards are unsupported.

I wanted to play through in software mode but then just before you get to fight rex. A stinking door didnt want to open. The sound was played. The gass went away. But the door was closed shut >.<

MGS 2 allso has a similar problem. But you can still use hardware. Only you need to set model quality to the lowest possible. Or else the models have no textures.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
*sigh*

Well this sucks. I really wanna play through MGS again. :(

Best answers
Well, it works for me fine. My GFX is GeForce8600GT. I beat the whole game and didn't encounter any problems.

Try downloading older drivers or something.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You using Windows XP? DirectX 9.0c? Latest drivers? I want to avoid a driver rollback if possible because I hate doing it.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I already have MGS2 and MGS3 for the PS2, it's not worth it just for MGS.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom