Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots ingame TGS 06

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Finally Solid Snake actually doing what he's supposed to--kick some ass.

What's up with the young guy at the end, though...?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
at a guess, its the next in the line of big boss clones, judging by the near-identical looks, voice and passion for zee ciggies mid-job

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
man this looks awesome :) i just cant wait for this to come!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yep, he could be raiden with that brown wig ^^

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I hope that the snake model goes through some revisions before they finish this, though. It's snake, but...meh ;P Guess he kinda looks more MGS, than MGS2/3. And the 'stache isn't my thing :p That aside, I'll be back in a few, gotta mop up my drool. The new camo system looks so damn *****in'. As for antics, though, I think I'm going to end up having too much fun with that barrel and get myself killed a lot ;P

Best answers
Damn! They have though up some nice things improve... The vest kinda blew up the camo in some parts. Could that young boy in the end have been related to Snake? They had some similarities. Well just a guess...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Those textures look pretty ****ty for what the PS3 is cracked up to be.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Shiyojin Rommyu said:
Those textures look pretty ****ty for what the PS3 is cracked up to be.

beacause one game is certainly enough to showcase an entire hardware array?
let try to keep fanboy comment out k?

i quite like the way this game is starting to look, and i think i know what the new characters role will be :p

Best answers
One game that could very well force me to buy a PS3.

Game looks simply amazing. The way the camo worked, the barrels, everything was simply jawdropping. The Metal Gear storyline is one of, if not my most favorite of any video game storlyine. I'm not sure if I could go without playing another chapter in Snake's life given the opportunity.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Mad_AxMan said:
beacause one game is certainly enough to showcase an entire hardware array?
let try to keep fanboy comment out k?

i quite like the way this game is starting to look, and i think i know what the new characters role will be :p
Dude, I just calls 'em as I sees 'em. Don't go playing the fanboy card so easily.

I'm sure the game will rock. MGS can't afford NOT to rock. I'm just saying - the textures look bland and relatively low-res compared to the characters. I have an eye for these things. It stands out and annoys me.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
really, this will be a mustbuy for me, i hope it comes to nintendo wii, if it doesnt...

:(

Best answers
Lol you are kidding right? Not even the 360 can handle mgs4 hell the ps3 by some of the framerates looks like it can barely handle it.

If it came to the wii it would lose alot of it's graphics and honestly the graphics being so good look to play a huge role in the game, for draw distance and such.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yup, but for me the graphics dont matter so much ^_^
i dont care if it has like quake 1 engine, but i care about gameplaying -_-

Best answers
That is the bad side without some of the graphics this game puts out, you would lose gameplay, watching shadows, picking camo spots etc etc.

Best answers
Shiyojin Rommyu said:
Dude, I just calls 'em as I sees 'em. Don't go playing the fanboy card so easily.

I'm sure the game will rock. MGS can't afford NOT to rock. I'm just saying - the textures look bland and relatively low-res compared to the characters. I have an eye for these things. It stands out and annoys me.
The game still has about a year and a half developement time left, hell the animations for the PMC's aren't even complete they're still using filler ones from MGS3. Cut it some slack it's not even near ready.

As for young Snake at the end the most logical explaination is that it's part of the octo-camo. Look at the trailer again he doesn't actually take the mask off and he has grey hairs streaming out the back at certain frames (Probably the start of the game if you choose the "I like MGS2" option). That or the game takes place over a long time and that's what Snake looks like at the beginning.

And just so everyone knows, it's a PS3 exclusive, it wont be come to the 360. Hideo has already stated that ported games end up being glitchy with severly washed out visuals since it isn't optimized for the system.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom