Metal anyone?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm looking through my dad's albums right, and I find country music. I asked him why he listens to it, he said nothing. and matter infact, he gave me a case full of old albums when he was in the Navy like 17 years ago.

I look through it, and I'm freaking surprised, he was listening to Metal, and Hardcore Rock at the time. He was a huge Iron Maiden and Steve Vai fan. He has like freaking 8 of their albums in there, and that's not the only music he had in there. He had Metallica , Nirvana, Pearl Jam, Cake, too lazy to list the all.

Then I asked him again and he said he was tired of listening to music that has the mad and sad feeling to it. He wanted to hear something happy.

Then I start listening to his old collection, and I have to say, old music acually sound better then the music that are released right now.

I put in one of his country musics like Bruce Springsteen w/e, and I acually like it, kind of.

I also looked in one of my dad's picture while he was a teenager, around the same age as me, he was surely one of those guys who listen to Metal.

I just found this out like 2 days ago and I was pretty damn surprised and wanted to share it with you all.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Like father, like son :). I do agree with you though that most of today's new songs suck in comparision to some good songs that are a bit older (sought of like me, I prefer all the old Disturbed songs over the songs from ten thousand fists, mainly because most of them suck =/).

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Are you telling me you have a box full of Metal vinyl records!? All I can say is enjoy it now because you could end up listening to Garth Brooks when you're older.

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The Boss (Bruce Springsteen) is not country ;P Never been a fan of his myself, but you got lucky, my friend. Lots of good old skool metal there. But I can totally understand where your dad's coming from.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Whats wrong with Garth Brooks >_>

I mean Yea im a Craddle of Filth guy ..... But ... Garth Brooks > Craddle of Filth > [Insert Artist Name Here]

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Dj^Swift said:
Then I asked him again and he said he was tired of listening to music that has the mad and sad feeling to it. He wanted to hear something happy.

I?ve changed my categorie aswell, im listining to some rock **** latly, tis quite ammusing then listining all the time the same blues steps in rnb,rap, hip hop n stuff, but though i will listin to the old **** later aswell.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
lol, if you knew anything about music at all tryforce, youd realise how stupid you sound saying theres even a hint of blues in rnb, rap, hiphop n stuff.

all of those genres really derived from reggae in the truest sense, more noteably rap, which takes its roots from the "toasting" in some reggae tracks.

metal is an awsome genre to get into swift, just dont limit yourself to the one genre, keep your mind open to other styles as well.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I agree. Im currently listening to soft rock, metal and pop / rock O:

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
did anyone see finlands satan worshipping eurovision entry?

they ****in rocked O/

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
lol, if you knew anything about music at all tryforce, youd realise how stupid you sound saying theres even a hint of blues in rnb, rap, hiphop n stuff.
Don't be condescending. Just because you play an instrument doesn't give you any authority to tell other people they're stupid.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Blues in rnb and rap? I would say that warrants a condescending attitude.

Best answers
Haha, Finland litterly rocked that silly contest :')

That contest is just one big show.. No musical highflyers, just random people dressing up (90% = half naked women with no singing talent at all, 9% = *** men, also half naked, 1% = Lordi).. Lordi won because they had the better show (controverse, never seen (on that contest), different music, no half naked females)..

Thank god Britland didn't win O_O Now that act sucked :p

KyoKusanagi

K
Disturbed 10,000 Fists was a good album - and what really did it for me was their cover of Land Of Confusion (Originally by Genesis).

And the Eurovision contest was good to watch - for Finlands entry and for Terry Wogan's caustic comments about everything.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
metal is probably one of the coolest genre's to get into, basically because theres so many different types of it and so many really cool techniques to go along with it (if your a guitarist)

Best answers
Iron Maiden is awesome. I still listen to it, atleast to tracks like Aces High, The Trooper, The Number of the Beast, Be Quick or be Dead.

As for country, I prefer country with pop influences more than real country. Shania Twain \m/ :)

I also liked the 10,000 Fists album. It's got good tracks. Still my fav track of Disturbed is God of the Mind.

Best answers
Mad_AxMan said:
did anyone see finlands satan worshipping eurovision entry?

they ****in rocked O/

this sure look weird......how much he make when he fools him self to entertain people like u....i wonder....really embarrassing if i wear the same cloth like him.....

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
he loves what he does, and thats all that matters. i dress up as an 80's hair metaler on stage; wig, tight trousers, tank top... the works.

if you enjoy it, then go for it. but right now almost all your posts make you come off as a sheep. someone who follows the mindless masses, and never dares to be an individual. i dont normally have a problem with forum goers. but for some reason whenever you post, you either make no sense, or you make some redundant, overused remark, which everyones heard before... please, get a personality.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
this sure look weird......how much he make when he fools him self to entertain people like u....i wonder....really embarrassing if i wear the same cloth like him.....
alot of people say that about steve vai. "he makes the stupidest faces" thats an exact quote ive heard from at least 3 guitarists that ive met and hundreds on the internet. he loves what he does and consider the fact that hes one of the best guitarists ever born.

its just a show of passion, which is what i believe makes a good guitarist. not skill or style.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom