Metabolism issues, is this normal?

Best answers
Yeah, ummm... I think I have some metabolic problems. Wierd fluctuations between my weight.

Alright, 7 days ago I was 153lbs. 3 Days ago I weighed 141 lbs, then today I weighed myself and I was 147lbs.

Is this normal to be shifting in weight this dramatically in such little time?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well depends if you had clothes on or not, if you have eaten meal or not, though if you did it allways on the same phase, then you might should go to the doc.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Also depends on fluids in your body etc... there's so many different things that can effect it. If you're really worried go to your parents, or a doctor, Im sure im not the only one who thinks health issues arent really the speciality of mod forums.

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Your weight fluctuates throughout the day as you eat, and you weigh more after you workout while your muscles are still bulked up.

Weigh yourself in the morning, when you wake up for the next few days, and if there are still big discrepencies in your weight maybe then see a doctor.

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You should only weigh yourself once a week, preferably at the same time. Like a Saturday morning.

Depending on how much food you have in your stomach, how hydrated you are, how much .. waste .. you have in your colon and bladder, and the weight of your clothes/shoes, your weight can vary a great deal.

Best answers
Oh, well, thanks then. Just kinda concerned about it. It must be those things, I just ate a whole lot and got some new clothes, so that might be why I added 4-5 lbs in 3 days.

Thanks guys, if you want, a mod can close this.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
and you weigh more after you workout while your muscles are still bulked up.
Please explain this. Does exercise change the mass of his muscles in some way I'm unfamiliar with, or does it temporarily alter the laws of physics as we know them?

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I love how people bring up "the laws of physics" when they think something isn't possible.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Zeonix said:
I love how people bring up "the laws of physics" when they think something isn't possible.
thats his arguement.... with physics working the way they do, there is no way that working out will increase your weight, you need more mass to weigh more. If anything his weight should decrease with the increased burning of energy in the body and dehydration due to sweat. The way you gain more muscle mass is through eating substantial proteins which is used to rebuild broken fibers in muscles, but this happens over a long, long period of time. But hey, If physics is wrong, please correct me.

Unless like, the deep inhailing of oxygen somehow increases your weight in some weird crazy way thats not straightforward thinking >_> or something

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't know about exercising, but if someone were to drink large amounts of water in order to combat dehydration, that would counter the weight loss. Your muscles are bulked up for a reason after you work out, so whatever is causing your body to physically look larger would be what causes you to gain weight.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
lol

the reason your muscles are enlarged is due to inflamation, along with tearing. since all your muscles are compacted, when they tear, they expand, since they arent being held together. this doesnt actually mean theres an increase in density. and if theres no increase in density, theres no increase in weight.

Best answers
well yeah, exactly. Your muscles are swelling because they have tears in the fibers. This could be it... somehow, because I weight lift 5 days a week.

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
When you work out, your muscles take on water, that's also one of the reasons why they bulk during a workout. Last time I checked, water has mass, but I mean, I'm no physicist like Skiwan or frsrlblrschrch. Creatine makes muscles retain said water, giving them a more muscular appearance, and retaining said mass. The key word is MASS.

So, if you're drinking water during a workout to replenish the water taken on by your muscles, you're adding mass. I always weigh about 3-4 pounds more after a good workout. Especially a leg workout, since they are the largest muscle group in the body.

Why do you think guys weigh themselves before and after their workout? To see how much weight they lost doing that bench press?

Good talk. I'll see you out there.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I would agree, drinking water does make you weigh more. I'm glad we've cleared that up.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
exactly right opti, but the water is already in your system. so you dont weigh more after working out.

L

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Instead of creating a new thread, (sorry to steal the thread Walmart_Sec)
Can someone please give a detailed explaination on muscles & tearing.
I read somewhere in the forums here that your muscles tear and uh heal themselves or something simular to that, getting more muscle then before?

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Mad_AxMan said:
exactly right opti, but the water is already in your system. so you dont weigh more after working out.
I don't understand that. If you're taking in additional water, shouldn't you weigh more?

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Mad_AxMan said:
I assumed everyone drinks water when they work out. Guess you're an exception ;). Good luck passing out on the treadmill.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well if thats the case that after you work out you retain water, then its not exactly the working out that increases the weight, its the water and how your body treats it, you could therefor say that somebody weights more if they drink a ton of water sits still in a very cold room (so no sweating can occur) and somebody plugs up their urethra, but its not the cold room and plug that makes them weigh more, its the water in their body.

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Why do your muscles take on water? You're working out.
Why are you drinking excess water? You're working out.

But you're right, there is no correlation to the working out.

Basically the only reason I even said "and you weigh more after you workout" is because I know how much Walmart works out, because he's had multiple threads on the subject.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom