Member of the Year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Even after all this time, I still manage to accidentally click on that oobies link. And then I accidentally click two more times and watch the wonderbread girl.

Best answers
Then it still serves its purpose wonderfully.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
guys I thought it is obvious that those guys with the most of the votes here should go to my poll >_>
@DArkowns: MAybe U deserve that, but the others obviously don't think so.
@VoxDei: ok, my mistake, I just thought it is obvious and wanted to help and finish it, Im over with this thing now

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
While this is a great idea to bring some life back into this, I think Phobius brought up a point.

At the current state of these "nominations", the award bares insignificant weight, and yet the negative feedback coming from parts of the thread are bit munch for something like this. I mean, many of you have held this forum to low regard because it's a mere "DBZ Forum," yet when something neat like this happens, controversy must spur.

Like I said, this seems like a neat idea, the initial nominations in this thread mean nothing because chances are, most of them were thinking "Member of the year? Oh <insert user> here is an all around cool guy, so he gets my vote"

But, I do not think "everyone is pissing and moaning" Phobius. It seems to me, that Vox just thinks Lukyas jumped the gun with a makeshift poll. Not in a "What the **** are you doing?!?" way, but in a "um...No?" way.

And no offense DaRk, but there's no need to get down because your name wasn't mentioned by a couple of members. Even if it ends up as a popularity contest, if you don't win or get nominated, it really does not matter. It's not like you're under appreciated.

Really, this is a good idea. Please? Can nobody ruin this one?

Vote for Chakra-X or you support the terrorists

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I say we start this whole thread over again, and this time, we start by nominating properly, using a list everyone can add someone to. For example, I if I would like to add MC, the list would look like this:

MC - 1

Now, say Chakra-X also votes for MC, he would copy the list above and add his vote:

MC - 2

Sub, for one, likes someone else added to the list, he copies the list above, and adds his person:

MC - 2
Ren - 1

Like this, everyone can add his or her person, or vote (don't add a person AND a vote, only one vote/person per member)
Give this nominating a month the time, pick the top 10 from that nominating list and start an official poll (preferably by a moderator) in which the member of the year will be chosen.

Now is that a good idea, or not?

Force Pit Member
Best answers
I say we start this whole thread over again, and this time, we start by nominating properly, using a list everyone can add someone to. For example, I if I would like to add MC, the list would look like this:

MC - 1

Now, say Chakra-X also votes for MC, he would copy the list above and add his vote:

MC - 2

Sub, for one, likes someone else added to the list, he copies the list above, and adds his person:

MC - 2
Ren - 1

Like this, everyone can add his or her person, or vote (don't add a person AND a vote, only one vote/person per member)
Give this nominating a month the time, pick the top 10 from that nominating list and start an official poll (preferably by a moderator) in which the member of the year will be chosen.

Now is that a good idea, or not?
Its a nice idea but we should make categories like suggested before and not just make it a popularity contest.

posted by Delta:
Best comedic member
Best moderator
Best intellectual member
Best helpful member
Best hateful member
Best Fight Club member
Best newbie member
Best post of the year
Best thread of the year

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
so, like opening threads for best comedian? and then in that thread we vote for the best comedian, and doing that for all categories?

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
OK an update for you guys.

The team decided the idea is great. We will defenitly have this thing.

BUT we will try fixing the forums first cause the database is still preety ****ed up.

After that we will start an official election XD

Now i made a thread -> http://esforces.com/forum/showthread.php?p=879416

Post what categories you think there should be in there.

Meanwhile im closing this thread cause it just became useless ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom