Meleespamming

Best answers
Consider this! Would you rather live a little longer with someone melee "spamming" you, or have some random guy you can't see in your field of vision blasting you away from the other end of the map, killing you in 1 hit, aka beam spamming.

Atleast with melee, everyone has room to improve. Even the elites improve slightly everytime they play. There is no ceiling skill lvl here, as you don't just peak out and say, "Ok, I can't get any better because I am the best and I have mastered EVERY possible move in melee".

So with that said, just play hard and play often with MELEE. The game is truly meant for this style of playing and it's what makes it unique from all the other mods out there. Learn to improve, ask for help from some of the better guys, initiate more fights instead of waiting for one or being surprised by someone who is attacking you. And be proficient in both adv and simple melee. You never know when simple melee might just save your life-- especially if your opponent is nearly dead and you need one more hit, but he's too close for a beam.

If you don't attempt to learn melee and be good with it, then you are missing out on the best part of the game. Even if you are getting whooped by other players now, imagine a few weeks from now if you are in their shoes and you are tearing up other players. Just play often and play aggressive. That's my best advice to help all of you who are being bombed with with melee "spamming".

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
SaiyanPrideXIX said:
And Pain--like I said, the key is the difference between "using melee" and "spamming melee." Using it 90% of the time is one thing--but when a guy melees you 50 times in 4 seconds and you are helplessly flying all over the map, I think it can be considered spam. I mean...it's just unnecessary to hit the guy so much when he's already hurt and sent flying. At THAT point, I'd consider it to become spam.
Yea, I can definitely see your point. It's not all too much fun getting whooped without a chance, I agree, but I think you and I have a difference of opinion when it comes to what spam is. Agree to disagree *nod

Speaking of spam, I posted a suggestion about how to cut it in half. Everyone should take a look! http://forum.esforces.com/showthread.php?t=51285 :yes:

Best answers
I think you suggestion there speaks only of beam spamming. I didn't read beyond your first post seeing as that was the "suggestion" you were making.

I don't think there is a clear solution for stopping someone on a melee slaughtering. The only thing you could really do to save yourself from being pummeled into the ground is to switch teams or leave the server. Its pretty rare that someone comes along with the intent to focus on you alone, unless you have done something to piss him off.

Of course, you could always just ask the melee player to lay off a bit. He'd be a real **** if he didn't cut you some slack and attack other people.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yea i hate the melee system... i only like throwing people who melee me out of the arena so they get a trigger death. i find the system aggirvating and borign when i can just blwo you up with big bang, as opposed to the long non stimulating melee experience. and i admit, i suck at melee, but its not fun when you have all these abilities and you see one person just dashing at you th entire time your playing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom