Melee?

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I just installed ESF this morning, and I like it for the most part but I cannot figure out how to melee so I'm terrible at it because everyone else can melee, can someone help me?

sidequestion: Whenever i demoed the game awhile back I thought there was Brolly on there but on the one I have Brolly isnt on there?

Red Saiyan Mod
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
-MELEE-

Swooping
All highspeed movement now requires a "Double Tap" in order to swoop. Simply tap any direction (up,down,left,right,forward,backward) twice and hold down the directonal key on the second instance. You may "chain swoop" by double tapping in a different direction while still holding your last direction to make a fluid, yet sudden change in direction.

There is no longer a need to target opponents, swooping is free form 360 degree movement.

Basic Melee
While you are swooping at an opponent hold down secondary mouse button (right click) to attack them with basic melee.You may also attack an opponent while stationary by tapping secondary mouse button (right click) within the basic melee range.

Advanced Melee
(At the end of every advanced melee battle, both players involved(as well as any close by) will be blown back/away from each other to ensure fairness)

Advanced melee is automatic, you must come in contact with an opponent while swooping in order to begin the auto prepunch sequence.

Prepunch has a max of Twelve(12) hits. Successful hits up to and including Six(6) increase your maximum stun time, any hits thereafter decrease maximum stuntime. Stuntime is the time you have to create your own unique combos.

During the prepunch sequence you have Three(3) options:

(If your opponent blocks your prepunches, you may only use combos or cease adv. melee )

1) Prepunch all Twelve(12) hits and cease Advanced Melee.

(Do not hold any mouse buttons)

Combos
2) Hold the primary mouse button (left click) at anytime during prepunching to begin the combo sequence.

2a) The combo sequence begins, you'll see a Charge bar at the bottom of the screen, this represents your "combo time".

You may now press any direction (diagonals included). There are Three(3) levels of attack, Weak(Green), Medium(Blue), and Strong(Red).

Holding the secondary mouse button (right click) while pressing a direction will use kicks instead of punches.

Stronger attacks inflict more damage, but use up more time. Strong attacks will cause the defender to receive a multi-directional arrow 35% of the time. In other words, the defender won't know what direction you pressed for the strong attack.

Medium attacks, are well.. in the middle, this will cause the defender to receive a mutli-direction arrow 25% of the time.

Weaker attacks use up less time, but inflict less damage. However, weak attacks can be put out more quickly, causing more arrows for your opponent to try and fumble through. They also cause the defender to receive a multi-direction arrow 15% of the time.

(Releasing the primary mouse button (left click) at anytime during the combo process will end your combo time prematurely)

Block Stun
When a Strong or Medium hit lands, your opponent receives a "Block Stun".

If a Strong attack lands, your next medium attack or your next two(2) weak attacks will hit, regardless of whether your opponent blocked it.
If a Medium attack lands, your next weak attack will hit, regardless of whether your opponent blocked it.

On The Defense
2b) So your unfortunate enough to be on the other side of the spectrum, now, you must dodge your opponent's onslaught.

After the prepunch sequence finishes you will see white arrows appear at the top of the screen, these are your opponents attacks! You must match the same directions, a successful dodge will turn the arrow green, while an unsuccessful attempt will turn it red. Multi-directional(random) arrows will start to appear if you take too long to defend or your opponent's attack may be random, depending on the strength they've chosen. The stronger the attack, the higher % of randomness.

Doing nothing will end the melee sequence after the enemies turn, however, holding the primary mouse button (left click) or secondary mouse button (right click) will give you a chance to retaliate with your own combos. Stun time(your combo time) for retaliation is calculated with this formula:
Stun time * ( blocked moves / total moves )

For example, if you block 1/2 of your opponent's moves, you'll get 1/2 the original time.Then if he blocks 1/2 of your moves, he'll get 1/4th the original time, and so on.

(To dodge a diagonal you can press any direction adjacent to it. For example, to block an upper-left diagonal you can press up or left)

Throwing, the other white meat
3) Holding the secondary mouse button (right click) during the prepunch sequence will allow you to throw your enemy. Throwers beware, throwing uses up ki and your opponent may resist by holding the primary mouse button (left click).

Once the charge bar passes the yellow line, you may release the secondary mouse button (right click) at any time to throw your opponent, the longer you charge up, the farther he/she will fly. Thrown enemies will "stick" to walls, or can be thrown into other players. Pressing the jump button while stuck on a wall will allow you to jump off.

(Using up all your ki at anytime will cancel the whole throwing process)

Melee Struggles
Adv. Melee vs. Adv. Melee: (When two(2) players swoop at each other both using prepunch) A stream of arrows will appear at the top of your screen, some may be random. The person with the most correct, wins and is rewarded with a special combo. Ties will reset the stream of arrows and you will begin again until someone wins.

Adv. Melee vs. Basic Melee: (When two(2) players swoop at each other, but one player is holding the secondary mouse button(right click)) Basic melee hits first then the person using Adv. Melee is allowed to prepunch up to Twelve(12) hits, he or she cannot throw or start combos.

Basic Melee vs. Basic Melee: (When two(2) players swoop at each other, both holding the secondary mouse button(right click))Both players hit each other and are knocked back.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also Brolly is not a selectable character in any version of ESF, you can only play as him if you install the ECX addon for ESF.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
What about the Open Beta? The melee is 100% or i'm just plain dumb and can't use it?

Former Forcepit Member :(
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The melee system in 1.2.3 should be Renamed advanced should be Noob Melee and Basic melee Should be called Uber Pro user melee xD

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom