melee....VERY IMPORTANT!

Best answers
Originally posted by nark
its a bit easy to use melee. They should make it more skilled. Instead of holding down the right mouse button... you would have to press it at an exact time.
um now think of lag and how fecked up it would be when you lagged (even a little bit) and can't hit nothing at all.

Best answers
Yeah melee is nice and a good idea..but it gets a bit boring when 90% of the esf players use it non stop. You should not be able to swoop through a beam. If you get hit head on with a beam..your not gonna be able to keep on swooping unless your ungodly powerful. You say block the person trying to melee you, well what happens when you block him, but one of the other 7 people gets you from behind? Oh well look there..your on the ground in melee stun and are about to eat that beam that kills you. Could you do anything about that? No sir, you are offically dead.

I personally would rather not be forced to use melee 90% of the time and beams the other 10% just so i can actually do decent. If thats how the game is going to be now, why even have more than one beam per character? None of them are going to be used much so you might as well take the rest out and just put in one strong one and be done with it. Thats just my opinion on it. Granted the show has a crap load of melee fighting, but game wise its not that great to see the same thing over and over and over. If i wanted a dbz game/mod with a lot of melee action, id go play hyper dimension on super famicom.

Best answers
Originally posted by NightShade
Ok, this is how it goes.

beam whores cry about melee. Melee whores cry about beams

Well guess what? melee is fine beams are fine. The testers tested it and in fact the person gains more power and more kills using beams then melee. Just because you guys suck at melee does not mean melee is what is wrong.

It takes time to learn a game. If you picked up beta and master it. then it would be to easy and something wrong with the game. Everything is fine. If you dont like melee then you will not like esf because Dragon ball z has more melee fighting then beams. So crying about melee will get you nowhere just go out there and train to get better. Far as melee. Once you master how to block and counter they are easy.

Also think about this. It is BETA 1 there will be more added later. But this is the start of esf really. So sit back and chill and try to master the melee because the game ownz j00 all
heh and thats that, couldn't of said it better my self.... ALSO THIS IS NIGHTSHADE NOT TO BE CONFUSED WITH NIGHTSAGE! lol for crying out loud

Best answers
well all i can say is esf cant make everyone happy. ESF is perfect i like how it is and alot of people do. Melee could never get boring vs good players. SO :)

Best answers
nicely said nightsage. i am pretty amazed that this only beta 1 i mean what else could they do to it. this mod has far surpassed any other dbz mod i've ever played i dont see what they could do to make it even MORE PERFECT. If this is only 1st beta i can just imagine wat final will look like =0

Best answers
First off, I love melee. I find it incredibly fun and it does take still to use it well with beams and kiblob.

I do, however, have some comments. I have never once been able to block and counter unless I already have melee equiped. The stun time that is incurred when you are blocked is extremely short, too short to switch to melee and then counter, at least for me. I might be able to get better at this with time, this is only one of my initial impressions. Another problem I find is that the time it takes for block to actualy initiate is somewhat long. You can swoop and smash in no time flat, but there is a pause from whenever hit the block button to when you actualy block.

I would like to see a melee attack button that could be bound seperatly. This counter-attack bind could be used in conjunture with block even when you have a beam attack selected. Now some might say that having a seperate bind for melee would be too powerful. Some might say that you could melee while having a beam equiped all the time, but I think the fact that you have to have melee actualy equiped to swoop would deter people from using this key except in certain situations.

I would also like to see the pause on blocking taken out, if you can punch that fast you should be able to block that fast. It is frustrating to hit q when I see someone comming and not be blocking by the time they get to me ;(.

Like I have already stated, these are just initial impressions and things that I think, with my very limited experience, would help the game.

01Chrono

Best answers
yea a lot of ppl think melee dont take skill, but it really does. I usually go for the people who aren't doign anything and are just hiding somehwere and i knock em up into the air with melee and then balst the hell outtta them with ki balls and generic beams while they are still unable to gain control of themself

Best answers
i want to change my opinion.........

i am now starting to like melee much more, there will be either melee whores or beam whores, i was playing in a server where everyone would just do spirit bombs the whole time that was much worst than someone whoring the melee, i would much rather prefer melee, as many have said there are many different ways to block melee............ the only thing i hate is when 3 ppl all melee your ass its so annoying!

to conclude melee is a great new addition to ESF and should be learned how to attack and defend with wisely:yes:

Best answers
hey all its me the dude who started this thread, well i only thought that there would be like 4 replies. NICE!!!! lol u all made my day. 47! well i would greatly appreciate if the esf team made this a sticky because this would help people greatly that once ONCE HAD the same problem as me ;D

Well peace!

Over and out

Best answers
guys there isnt anything wrong with the melee at all
you just suck and cant stop it =/
i can stop it with beams all the time
and if you cant do that just block it then click the melee button to shoot them away from you, isnt very hard....
but i guess when your 10 and your all nubs it is =/

Best answers
Originally posted by Setzer1025
I do use the generic beam..most times thats ALL i use. Even though it has a short charge time..by the time you hit them and can move again, your already hit across the map/into the ground. If your hit to the ground..well just get ready to respawn because there will be a big ol beam headed right toward you. The generic beams dont do enough damage to stop the melee people either so thats not really worth trying. It probably will take some time to get use to and im willin to put time into getting use to it, but it is damn annoying when 80% of the people play esf use melee at the moment. The melee system is a damn good concept..just melee whores killed it already.
this one works fine and surprises everyone seeing this the first time :

use trunks. melee someone through the map and directly fire a burning attack to blind him. then hes open for another attack. this works fine unless hes beaming away...

Best answers
i usually use after a good melee a generic to hit the on the ground or stuff but when i melee them far away i charge a gallit gun!!!

they die :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom