Melee Physics

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The main thing that gets me in any fighting game is being able to jump in the air, do a combo and slam the oppoenent back down. With ESF, a good chunk of the tme playing is spent air bourne, so "slamming" someone into te ground is easily done, but it doesn't have the 'feel' of a good smashing attack.

This part wouldn't be a big change, it's just if projected downwards, a person would be chucked faster than normal, picking up velocity as they fall. The opposite would be applied when someone is shot up vertically. They would go up normally, but begin to slow down. Both rater would vary depending on the angle they are hit.

Also I think rolling should be almost elimnentated. If someone is thrown/hit to the grond on an angle, I doubt they would roll and I rarely see them roll in the show. They usually skid on the ground or bounce once can continue skidding. They are still available to be hit while rolling, but if propelled forward, they would just be sent scrapping the ground until they came to a stop, or, if they happen to have enough ki, they can jump out of the skid.

I'm not really suggesting melee make overs, just a better feel of actually hitting someone instead of "if i tap this guy, we will move" attacks.

Best answers
Yes that would be awesome idea, jumping and doing combo in the air is pretty good because right now the only time I use jumping is when I'm in a Ki blob.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
X-boy said:
Yes that would be awesome idea, jumping and doing combo in the air is pretty good because right now the only time I use jumping is when I'm in a Ki blob.
bad for you jumping is a good tool combined with swoop and teleort

besides if you jump right you dont loose speed and still gain ki ;)

anyhow i like the skid idea

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Rolling eliminated? If anything, rolling should be expanded upon, not eliminated. The 1.1 combos for instance were the best part about the game.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
lol i think he means about the rolling animation should be replaced with a skidding one Sub

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah that's basically, when I say 'no more rolling' its pracitcally just replacing the animation with skidding and less veulerablity.

Because currently, if you continuly hit someone so they keep rolling, the character is just stretching his arm out, while the hit for some reason makes them roll. If it was bouncing/skidding, this could be done as well, but you would have to travel a bit farther and faster to keep them bouncing. and when I say 'bouncing' think 'skipping stones on water', except its on the ground.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I was gonna make another thread about this, but that would be just a waste...

I was thinking about the scouter, how accurate it is to pl changing..

So, I was thinking, when some one is transforming, their powerlevel you gradually go up, just to signify they ARE actually transforming and becomming stronger. It wouldn't effect the PL multiplyer though.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Chakra-X said:
I was gonna make another thread about this, but that would be just a waste...

I was thinking about the scouter, how accurate it is to pl changing..

So, I was thinking, when some one is transforming, their powerlevel you gradually go up, just to signify they ARE actually transforming and becomming stronger. It wouldn't effect the PL multiplyer though.
I like that also. What about when Piccolo was doing the SBC and Radditz saw his pl increase? I can't find the thread but that would be cool to have.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
KidBoy17 said:
I like that also. What about when Piccolo was doing the SBC and Radditz saw his pl increase? I can't find the thread but that would be cool to have.
Radditz was seeing the FOCUS of piccolo's energy, he really wasn't getting a PL increase, he was concentrating his energy, making it seem like he is stronger.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
JoeJustJoe said:
Radditz was seeing the FOCUS of piccolo's energy, he really wasn't getting a PL increase, he was concentrating his energy, making it seem like he is stronger.
Oh thank you for the correction. Still implying that into the game would be sweet. It would give it that DBZ feel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom