Melee (or a whole new fighting type) suggestion and a new type map

Best answers
I have a good suggestion to replace Melee!!!

When asking where is the fighting in the ESF chat forum i thought of a good idea (IMO).

So here it is right from that topic...

-----------------------------------------

How could it be so hard?

it could be JUST like in JKII saber fights....

In JKII saber fights were the best! In DBZ good ol' fist fights are lots of fun to watch right next to a beam fight.

anyway we could do it like this..

in JKII you were just rapidly clicking BUT you had a differnt steghth limit that were color coded. All you did was click the middle button and a differnt color would appear on the hud bottom left..If i remember correctly it was blue the weakest. Anyway we could have for teh weakist strethg to have it's own type of punches and kicks

in JKII the weakist was the fastest so it was still a good type of fighting. In ESF the weakest could be the fastest too. you could see your fav. DBZ charect dish out extremlly fast attacks.

Punching could be set to the left mouse button and kick to right.

So if i had the weakist setting and rapidly clicked i would see my charecter start punching and kicking maddly but, in style (like in JKII)

Now for the mid streghth hits..In JKII i think the color was yello

For this streght it would be semi fast and semi strong attacks. (just like in JKII)

So if you clicked your way with that streghth chossen you would dish out fast attacks but with very small delays. And quite strong too.

Now for the last and strongest (but slowest) stregth

With this strenght selected you coulod have your choosen charecter pull his fist back with a grunt and then lay one on the victim pushing him (not rediculously far like Melee) far back. and a kick could be a flip in the air and then landing the kick on the opponet.

These would almost be as strong the the current melee.

But with all these strengths it's all balanced out!!!!

You could have one fighter in the blue (weak) stenght and the other in the red (strongest) strength and the one with more expierence would win! Ofcourse to keep up with the cartoon you could also teleport while fighting but it would take lots of expierence to teleport with your opponet...

If you didnt understand me then just go pick up the copy of JKII and use the saber!! I think this is a great idea considering JKII and ESF are in the same perspective (3rd person) and JKII saber battles are the hella fun!

ahh i could just imagine it.... Good ol' DBZ fights breaking out in the ring on the Cell day map....

I hope one of the designers take this post into consideration for the next patch....

Makeing the Fighting just like JKII would solve everything i think...And it would be lots of fun!!!! I really don't see how this could not help the game and i can't see how you couldnt do it....I really do hope you do this for the game.... With this you could even
Bring a whole new type of map to ESF! (or type of MP style) called DUEL (just like JKII) in Duel you could have one on one and the rest of the people could be waiting in line to play the winner.

Now wether or not you could use beams i'm not sure....See if there was a Duel type of MP then it would be like the Cell games or the Martial arts tournament and in both of those it was more of Martial arts and not beams....But maybe...Well that's for you to decide...They didnt include guns in the Duel fights for JKii cuase they thought it would be too crappy..Hmm...Well i would really like some feed back from this suggestion!!! so please conisder..

Best answers
once again this is a super long thread that i dont have the time to read. but if i did it would probably suck so...

Best answers
:id: in my b0x0r0s for the :notice: points to yes w00t?

anymore comments?

Best answers
i didn't read the whole thing. but it sounds to me like Oni. well that's like how Mr.Satan would fight. and that's not quite how DBZ fights are.

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by CrimsonGhost

How could it be so hard?

it could be JUST like in JKII saber fights....
I believe JKII uses a different engine than halflife. and it probably took a team of professionals a year or two to get the saberfights coded into the game. not saying they ESF guys aren't pros, but still do you want to wait a couple years just for better melee?

this is not flaming, but merely an opinion.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
the JKII engine is way more advanced than HL engine so i dunno if those would work although it would be cool

Best answers
I don't care what you evel crittics say...i like it!
I loved the sabre fights in jkII (all but that back attack witch is cheap and lame...i mean come on, who charges into battle backwards?) and i think it'll be a nice thing to add.

Best answers
i would like it if they did combos like if u hit left mouse thye do like left right punch upper cut. or do like throw the ugy in the air then melee him down ot the ground and keep reapptign til lyour out of ki or hes dead.

Best answers
i don't like the idea of Combos implemented sence in JKII you did your own fights and came out with your own combos.

Now i'm no coder or modler but i don't see how it coulb be any worst than transormation...

In transformation you get stronger and have new things ....

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by CrimsonGhost
i don't like the idea of Combos implemented sence in JKII you did your own fights and came out with your own combos.

Now i'm no coder or modler but i don't see how it coulb be any worst than transormation...

In transformation you get stronger and have new things ....
transformation is easier than the combos would be. think about it, the model changes(easily done) a few sprites depending on the PL(pretty hard, but not as hard as JKII lightsabre fights) and new attacks(just like picking up a new weapon) and stronger(put a multiplier with the PL)

now of course, i know nothing about coding, but half the stuff done with transformations i can do either by using the console or just walking over a gun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom