Melee on main page.

Best answers
Sonic Boyster said:
But see, this would be bad. If you stopped any time you got close enough to autopunch anybody you can only hope you didn't accidentally swoop by an opponent you didn't want to fight or you would not only both stop swooping but possibly start autopuncing each other.
You'd only hit if you were pointing the mouse at them. I think the trade off of accidental hit and being about to switch targets on the fly is worth it. I have never stopped a swoop by someone accidentaly flying into view, but I have wanted to hit a new target mid swoop.

Sonic Boyster said:
And I know just enough more about advanced melee than you to say that whether or not it is easier to grasp, it will still be much harder to actually perform effectively against somebody who knows what they are doing than, say, last second meleeing or getting in a lucky swoop.
I don't know what kind of inside scoop you have, but "easy to graps" and "easy to win" are 2 totally different things. I'm not talking about just winning.
As for lucky swoop, before you were worried about accidentaly hitting people. So if they get that "whoops, I hit you" n00bs can use the stick-n-run Joe talked about. It may be easier than n00bs now, who swoop past someone they weren't targeting and getting nothing in return.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Stopping only when you moved the mouse over them would be horrible. What if you wanted to catch someone who was swooping past you? If you barely miss them with the mouse you will swoop right into them and past them.

The targetting system works fine. You swoop through people you don't want to hit without stopping and getting locked into combat for 3+ seconds with somebody who never intended to fight you, and you stop when you get close enough to aim at your opponent when it matters to.

Best answers
!XxShAdOwxX! said:
1. They can't do that because:
A) Too complicated
B) To boring because they would have to make 1 button perlimb then one button block per limb (unless it is that you look in the direction, but then that attracts whiners).

2. They only gave us the start to melee, not the end! They may have kicks in it (I personally hope the do :D). And it probably won't be randomized

3. Trunks I think does have something special, I thought I remember PcJoe saying that sometime back, but just recently he said he wanted to try to incorperate Freiza's tail, so my bet would be yes.

4. Thats iffy, maybe they should do a cvar, because if you are locked in battle then some guy on the sideline ****s you up because he gets all the time to power up and create a big ass beam. Although maybe it will be reduced damage like when you are in a power struggle, with the fact that nobody can disk or melee you.
1. I'm not suggesting on re-working the blocking system. I'm just referring to the animation. Plus, if the ESF Team can do fancy stuff like those sweet throw's I saw on that Throw Video Clip, I'm pretty confident they could do real blocks. Anyways, fancy Bruce Lee/Jacky Chan **** isn't needed. Just simple blocks. If goku punches Vegeta on the left, Vegeta sticks his left arm out, and makes a small sweep motion, that's it, nothing else is needed. If Goku kicks vegeta low, vegeta sticks his hand low to block it. Don't need crane style or whatever blocking techniques. Also, you said the auto-sequence would be randomized, so that makes it even easier. Also, you mentioned something about whiners, thats an excuse, theres so many people whinning about the current melee system its not even funny. Whether it's the howers or the fact that trunks needs another attack, whatever, there will, and will always be whiners. So I guess we have to just put up with them.

2. If they do implement kicks, thats cool *crosses fingers*.

3. If PcJoe does have something special, can't wait to see.

4. I sorta really disagree with the no damage thing. Like you said, you see two guys fighting. OMG big chance for me to charge a Spirit Bomb. Waits, waits and waits to charge it up. Finally, BAM!. OMFG they didn't die! A guy from another part of the map, comes up behind him, and pummels him. He should of least got the kill for all the effort. So I have a perfect solution. Why not let the guy teleport out of the melee situation? He could then teleport a safe distance out of the way of the beam. Just like DBZ. But, in order to keep people from interrupting the melee to many times. Why not make the teleportation move have a ki cost? Therefore, people couldn't keep teleporting away if they know their almost dead.

*New suggestion*- I know this sounds alittle far fetched but it could be done. Why not let the melee have more than one participate in the melee sequence? Then if say krillen is fighting cell, and then vegeta turns up to help cell, Krillen could use his Tri-form technique where he splits himself into 3 beings. Again, in order to keep people from abusing this, there should be a large ki cost, and the tri-form has to recharge over time, or something like that.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ShiftyOliver said:
1. I'm not suggesting on re-working the blocking system. I'm just referring to the animation. Plus, if the ESF Team can do fancy stuff like those sweet throw's I saw on that Throw Video Clip, I'm pretty confident they could do real blocks. Anyways, fancy Bruce Lee/Jacky Chan **** isn't needed. Just simple blocks. If goku punches Vegeta on the left, Vegeta sticks his left arm out, and makes a small sweep motion, that's it, nothing else is needed. If Goku kicks vegeta low, vegeta sticks his hand low to block it. Don't need crane style or whatever blocking techniques. Also, you said the auto-sequence would be randomized, so that makes it even easier. Also, you mentioned something about whiners, thats an excuse, theres so many people whinning about the current melee system its not even funny. Whether it's the howers or the fact that trunks needs another attack, whatever, there will, and will always be whiners. So I guess we have to just put up with them.

2. If they do implement kicks, thats cool *crosses fingers*.

3. If PcJoe does have something special, can't wait to see.

4. I sorta really disagree with the no damage thing. Like you said, you see two guys fighting. OMG big chance for me to charge a Spirit Bomb. Waits, waits and waits to charge it up. Finally, BAM!. OMFG they didn't die! A guy from another part of the map, comes up behind him, and pummels him. He should of least got the kill for all the effort. So I have a perfect solution. Why not let the guy teleport out of the melee situation? He could then teleport a safe distance out of the way of the beam. Just like DBZ. But, in order to keep people from interrupting the melee to many times. Why not make the teleportation move have a ki cost? Therefore, people couldn't keep teleporting away if they know their almost dead.

*New suggestion*- I know this sounds alittle far fetched but it could be done. Why not let the melee have more than one participate in the melee sequence? Then if say krillen is fighting cell, and then vegeta turns up to help cell, Krillen could use his Tri-form technique where he splits himself into 3 beings. Again, in order to keep people from abusing this, there should be a large ki cost, and the tri-form has to recharge over time, or something like that.
1. Do you mean randomly picking which limb to use, if so maybe that could work, but if not... that would make blocking almost useless 1/4 (maybe five if you use the head) of actually blocking.

2. Me too

3. I know he said it, just can't find where :cry:

4. Thats why there should be a cvar or reduced damage :)

!XxShAdOwxX! said:
This is my suggestion on the charge, I think it is a balance between what we have now and what we will, what do you think?

How it Works
If a player hits Mouse1 they start flying fairly fast. As the bar makes its way up the faster the player moves although loses more ki.

How it stops
You stop swooping when, you either hit Mouse1 again, run out of ki or the bar gets to the end. If that player wants to start swooping again they will have to start slower again and work their way up.

Optional Feature

Teleporting
Maybe if you want you can add stuff like teleporting during a swoop, like in DBZ, for each time you teleport the bar gets a chunk higher, say 1/3 (can be changed). With the teleport in there it would be cool because if they want to start fast then they hit the Mouse1 then teleport, they will go faster, but at a loss of more ki and loss of swoop time.

Why this is good
Well this is good because it would be what PcJoe said he wanted, a medium in between beta 1.1 and the charge swoop that so far is going into 1.2. Why this is a medium, because you swoop like beta 1.1 (instantly), and like 1.2 because the bar can limit your speed, ki usage and length of swoop. Plus adding the teleporting would add even more skill and make it like the show where when they swoop they teleport to pick up speed. As you can see its not that complicated like you wanted it, because its just some tweaks of the beta 1.1 swoop with some things that are already used ingame (beam charge bar, teleporting).

Final Thoughts
Anyways thats just my thought on the swoop, I know it would just be getting used to it and it would be fine, *looks at Hibiki :rolleyes:* and it probably would do, I think this would be a lot of fun. Although since I have never tried it I wouldn't know if it would make it unfair and maybe hard to hit, but I'm sure you skilled players out there would be able to, but this system is supposed to help newbies too. Any suggestions, errors in logic or comments?

Woh long post :tired:
Update to My Charge
You hit Mouse1 to start, you hit Mouse1 again wherever you want on the bar, it stays at the pace you were going at and the bar continues going up a frozen rate. To go faster again hit Mouse1 and to stop, Mouse2.

Plz give me some suggestions, I'd rather bad ones than non at all.

Best answers
!XxShAdOwxX! said:
1. Do you mean randomly picking which limb to use, if so maybe that could work, but if not... that would make blocking almost useless 1/4 (maybe five if you use the head) of actually blocking.

2. Me too

3. I know he said it, just can't find where :cry:

4. Thats why there should be a cvar or reduced damage :)
1. I'm talking randomly pick which limb, so yes I think it could work (hopefully).

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think if they added that Darktooth and Ultraq would be so swamped, they have only fully animated Goku (or so we have been led to believe) and that took a fair bit. Althought the basic melee code looks like its fairly good so, maybe... you just never know.

Best answers
Well, thanks for getting my hopes up. *Runs to Bathroom*

Anyhoo, will PL affect the outcome of the melee fight? I sure hope so.

Best answers
ShiftyOliver said:
Well, thanks for getting my hopes up. *Runs to Bathroom*

Anyhoo, will PL affect the outcome of the melee fight? I sure hope so.
i hope not. lol i dunno if it was thread or another melee thread where someone mentioned a DDR type button pressing struggle, lol... that would be mad

Coder - Harsens sidekick
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
PL will be used in melee battles. At the moment it's just the amount of damage you inflict (like usual), but we might add other things...
The animation issue, we have atleast 60-80 animations for melee PER custom skeleton, giving DT + Ultraq over 400 animations to do. You can expect some decently advanced combat with that many animations. Thinking about it, I coded an animation management system just for advanced melee, heh.

ShiftyOliver said:
If PcJoe does have something special, can't wait to see.
We have quite a few special features :)

Best answers
I love you guys you guys have the greatest stuff. The stuff that you guys are doin makes me glad that i wasted my money on half-life lol

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
lol...wasted?

Anyway, i hope they might reconsider about the 2 vs. 1 method. But then it will add extra time and extra animations...so oh well.

*Oh......1 more question. Is the charge-time for the swoop gonna be faster or slower than generic beam?

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I imagine it would be longer, because you don't have to charge it up all of the way to swoop. Sometimes you may want to do a small swoop, and that would be hard to do if the bar charged faster than a generic beam.

Best answers
Yeah but I could also imagine taking a lot of hits because I'm trying to get someplace worthwhile with a swoop. Sounds like a bad tradeoff, to me.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Yea...I agree. Maybe it it would be perfect if it were just 1 notch shorter than the generic beam 'cause you can already do a small generic beam, so it cant be that bad if you made it just 1 level faster.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
please u honistly think the team would be so stupid as to make using swoops that hard?

i hope not...

look swoops are not this OMG I HAVE TO SIT HERE ALL DAY CHARING A SWOOP!! swoops simply are not hard to use they dont leave u open for an ass kicking so stop pretending that they do

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I guess we were just expecting the worst. Remember Murphy's Law. For those who don't know: Anything that can happen, will happen.

Sonic did, in fact, state that the charging will be a bit longer than the generic, so i thought that it might be a bit too long. Can't hammer me for an assumption, can you?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
which is why im saying dont assume that because its not true not j00 suck for thinking that but when u must say again and again that its fine and the same people (cough halorin cough) keep saying all these negitave things its time u really just listen to the people who know what there saying instead of making guesses and assuming all this stuff

Best answers
Hibiki, you say someone sucks, and they can basically do nothing about it. But if they said you suck, would you warn them? Sounds like an abuse of power to me..

On another note: Until someone lays all of the information out on the table, how can the community know how things will and won't be. People thought the team would see the error in making head ons ki-based, but low and behold. Better to present a problem's possibility before it becomes a problem itself, wouldn't you think?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
execpt that i didnt say that and it has nothing to do with power so how can it be abuse of power thats not even used

and u see i have been laying the information out on the table and it gets ignored

so dont say no ones saying anything if ur not listening to it

Best answers
It was more of a rhetorical question if anything, but I'm not sure if you know what the word rhetorical means. How many posts does it have to take for me to get across the point to you that I'm not against the team's melee ideas, and that I was only trying to help them with giving them some of my suggestions just like anyone else has? Why do you feel a need to try to stalk me in off -topic threads and bring my name up to try to slander me? Don't you have anything better else to talk about or do? It gets annoying to have people IM me saying, "Look what Hibiki said about you now." Grow up, Hibiki. For real. It's past annoying now. Just washed your malnourished and half-undeveloped brain of my existence so I can come to these forums with some peace. Thank you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom