Melee on main page.

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I saw differences in hitpoints, but i didn't see the pl increase on the pics, will there no longer be pl increase with 1.2 melee then?

EDIT- i ment pl increase. :p

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ki is fine the way it is, isn't it?

My question is what happens when two people head-on each other. I guess a struggle? More info soon I hope.

Best answers
How do you throw people is what i want to know...No more blocking whores

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
autopunch!! yea lots of skill needed there!!!

Best answers
Well since auto lock on will be gone, you will need to aim :p
I think melee will do alot of damage, but be hard to hit with.
Just how its spose to be.

Best answers
*reads new update*

Um... Heh. Charging swoop? How long will that take to get anywhere worth it? Auto-punching? *Mortal Kombat voice* NOOB MATCH! :rolleyes: 3 seconds of being stunned from an automatic attack? Aggrevation. If the melee struggles start from the 'auto-punching', then I see nothing but a waste of time because who in there right mind would just let themselves be pummeled by an automatic attack. Taking the fight out of the player's hands can only degrade the level of skill required. Oh well. 1.1 it is. Thanks for settling if I should be interested in 1.2 or not, I guess. The only thing good from that I saw was that: a) No targetting to swoop. That speeds the game up. b) At least the team is working on SOMETHING..

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I warned them not to release info...

Well I have to agree with Halorin though. I really don't see how letting the game punch for you makes it that much better. Charged swoop sounds absolutely retarded... if you wanted to hit someone you would have to charge just enough swoop to reach them? What if they move? Yippee.

And on being stunned: I can see where they are going with it. Obviously they will give you options as to what to do with your stunned opponent. That's still absolutely ridiculous in my opinion. I get beat up because somebody moves their mouse over me, I can't move, and I get thrown into a mountain. I jump up and start charging a swoop when I get hit by a generic beam and fall back down. I finally pull off the swoop but lose track of my opponent, and unable to stop myself from swooping I go ahead and head towards the middle of the arena looking for my opponent, and once I stop swooping he comes up behind me and I'm stunned again in the middle of my next swoop charge.

Somebody fill us in as to how we should percieve what we've read.

Best answers
Yeah that sounds a bit strange. What if you are attacking someone and then another person comes and starts hitting you? Then you are stunned... I don't know about this, I hope you can stop your swoop when you charge it(or else hurting someone with melee will be a chore). Also they should still keep the ramming melee they have now, let you still attack while swooping(but make it more limited so people could get used to the advanced melee). If they release it as is, I'll be sure to give it a shot but we are all going to have to get used to it. I don't know, maybe we shouldn't be judging it just yet since those are very minor details on how the melee is going to be, there should be more.

Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Pain said:
You don't need a lot of skill with current melee either. Target someone, swoop at them and hold secondary fire. If you get close enough you hit them.

Same thing with new melee, except you don't need to target them

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I really do hope they dont decide to make you have to charge for swoops, i can imagen it really messing things up. Well, auto hitting isn't too bad if it only takes 1hp away, but stun time? stun time in melee gave me that dreadful image of BFP melee *shivers* (but as he said, he hasn't given us the reason for the stuns yet)
I'm glad your letting us swoop when we like though, i've wanted that for a while :D

I guess the only thing i can say is keep up the good work :smile:

Coder - Harsens sidekick
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
*sigh*, i guess you guys have every reason to be pissy about it -_-

Let's start from the top...
My question is what happens when two people head-on each other. I guess a struggle? More info soon I hope.
Maybe, maybe not. We'll release info about it as we release more information about the melee system.

Wow, you're retarded -_-. Yeah, lets assume things when we dont even know 1/2 of the system, dumbass... (needed to get my flamming out early)

Halorin's post...
Um... Heh. Charging swoop? How long will that take to get anywhere worth it?
1) If you... (looking for a non-offencive way to say this) stop your ranting and look at the main page, you will see
advanced melee is still a work in progress and is subject to change.
and then ontop of that
- You now charge the swoop. The distance traveled depends on how much it was charged. (this will probably be changed)
This obviously means charged swoop will change when we find a better way of doing it.

Auto-punching? *Mortal Kombat voice* NOOB MATCH! 3 seconds of being stunned from an automatic attack? Aggrevation.
I'm starting to think you have some serious problems understanding english.
Tonight I will introduce you to the first couple stages of advanced melee, one of which you are already familiar with.
After those "n00blet" punches, more will happen. The melee system isnt about retards who need automatic punching. The main reason of the auto punches is to add stun time.

If the melee struggles start from the 'auto-punching', then I see nothing but a waste of time because who in there right mind would just let themselves be pummeled by an automatic attack. Taking the fight out of the player's hands can only degrade the level of skill required. Oh well. 1.1 it is.
What kind of idiot would let themselfs be hit by a beta 1.1 melee blow? Like i said, if you removed your head from your ass you would see that this i only the 'start' of the battle. If it was all about prepunches we would have released the version months ago. Hold your skill comments on melee until we release more information please.

What if you are attacking someone and then another person comes and starts hitting you? Then you are stunned...
Not possible, once you start prepunching, you become "locked" together, other players will not beable to attack you with melee. Still debating whether or not we should make the players invunertable to all attacks while in a melee battle.

Will edit/type more later today(in about 45 minutes), study hall is over :(

🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm holding my comments till I see it for myself. I would though like to say that they shouldn't be invulnerable while in a melee battle. While it would solve spamming, 2vs2 matchs would be ruined. I kind of wish you could choose between autopunching or just one big hit. Then if you see someone autopunching someone on your team you go and knock them into the ground (assuming there not invulnerable).

Everyone's Favorite Weirdo :D
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
funny...
I thought 1.2 melee would suck too. but when you play it.. its rather fun. yeah yeah.. auto punching.. is hard to do when someone else is trying to swoop you at the same time.. you both are flying all over the place trying to get each other.. the stun time gives us an opportunity to bust some nice effects and some special things to do. :) so not to worry guys, what masta gave out was really small to the possibilities we can do. and we have A LOT planned for this melee system. rather interesting to.

think of the ups.. not always the downs to things

Best answers
lol i love 1.2 melee its still in beta so it has dome sucky parts but i trust joe and harsens. me and dt were playing for like a hour and it was still fun i like throwing people lol.

Best answers
yeah man, i think it has a nice ring to the entire information message, i dont like everything about it but the general idea suits me well!!! Keep up the excellent work man!!!

🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
PCJoe I was wondering if you were able to press 1 twice to access the original melee?

Coder - Harsens sidekick
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Scorcher2k said:
I'm holding my comments till I see it for myself. I would though like to say that they shouldn't be invulnerable while in a melee battle. While it would solve spamming, 2vs2 matchs would be ruined. I kind of wish you could choose between autopunching or just one big hit. Then if you see someone autopunching someone on your team you go and knock them into the ground (assuming there not invulnerable).
Well, as you learn about the next couple phases in advanced melee, you'll see it's kinda hard to fight more then 1 person at a time :p Ofcourse, we do have those inhuman people who can do things like that ^_^.
If you want one big hit, type in "mp_simplemelee 1", and like magic, you'll have the beta 1.1 melee system :)

Coder - Harsens sidekick
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Dalte89, like i said above, it's a server cvar. You have one OR the other, you dont have advanced melee and simple melee at the same time. If someone with the old melee system went against someone with the new melee system, the old melee system person would probably beat the **** out of him. Probably just due to the fact that the old melee system was all based on quick swooping reaction times, and it's just one big hit.

EDIT: Yeah, going along with what DT said, we still have a lot planned for this system. It would be interesting to see you guys speculate on the rest of the melee system, or try to suggest new swooping methods.

Best answers
Actually, I love the idea of charging for swoops. I mean, you charge for beams, and they can't be comboed up, but this also means its harder to combo for meleers, considering you change it that is.

Coder - Harsens sidekick
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Culex said:
Actually, I love the idea of charging for swoops. I mean, you charge for beams, and they can't be comboed up, but this also means its harder to combo for meleers, considering you change it that is.
Who ever said that we wont have other methods for comboing? I probably shouldnt be saying this, but it's not on the melee outline, so meh :). DT and myself wanted to implement some type of dragon ball z legends comboing system. If you slam the oppenent you can 'follow him', and slam him in whatever direction. Not too sure how it's all going to work out, but it sounds fun.

Oh, another thing about the melee system, we made sure to almost cvar everything. Just in the first part of melee, we have a cvar for
1) the stun time per punch
2) the delays between punches
probably some other stuff i cant remember atm... much more cvars for the other stages of melee, i'm sure we have atleast 15-20 so far, and we're still adding more.
well, computer class is over, i'll respond to more messages when i get home...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom