Melee on main page.

Best answers
huh only swoop hit and auto puch.... wtf is there now throwing around cause it would be to cool if there are a lot's of melee modes that causes variation with beams all kinds of melee and teleport....

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
>>DeMoN<< said:
huh only swoop hit and auto puch.... wtf is there now throwing around cause it would be to cool if there are a lot's of melee modes that causes variation with beams all kinds of melee and teleport....
Yes, you'll be able to throw people. There wont be lots of melee "modes" per se, but it will not just be auto punching and getting auto punched. Don't worry about it.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Is it possible that you can code it so that it allows us to fly upside down? Or is it impossible?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
its possible

cl_pitchup 99999 or something like that

Best answers
9999 us excessive,use 178 hehe....

BTW as for the discussion of j00 sux posts back there....I've said that to Hibiki before but that's because of something.....I mean cmon he barely abuses his power,and I've only been banned once by him,but that was only a joke when the netsplit struck....now get back on topic :p

Sadly we don't have any other questions on the new melee.....so....here goes....

Exactly how many phases are there??

Fumoffu!
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Halorin said:
It was more of a rhetorical question if anything, but I'm not sure if you know what the word rhetorical means. How many posts does it have to take for me to get across the point to you that I'm not against the team's melee ideas, and that I was only trying to help them with giving them some of my suggestions just like anyone else has? Why do you feel a need to try to stalk me in off -topic threads and bring my name up to try to slander me? Don't you have anything better else to talk about or do? It gets annoying to have people IM me saying, "Look what Hibiki said about you now." Grow up, Hibiki. For real. It's past annoying now. Just washed your malnourished and half-undeveloped brain of my existence so I can come to these forums with some peace. Thank you.
I've not read through this entirely, but following the outlined rules - I am going to give you a warning :warning: for flaming.

If you have anything against a user, even if it's a moderator - PM a member of the staff, but do not bring it out on the open. I'm not looking for justification of your flaming here, so don't reply with that either. Flaming is flaming, look at it any way you want - there are other ways to fix this, publicly insulting someone is not.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
and look i havent flamed you in anyway or given you a warning or done anything at all to you so back off because you have no right at all to off flaming people with out any reason at all

Best answers
im new to the forums so excuse my lateness in the argument... uuh discussion. Personally i think charging the swoop would create more problems than it would solve. I know its all been said but think about it again, what if they move too far and you just reliesed your swoop button or what ever basically your screwed either by the auto punches or if worse comes to worse and the person is using the 1.1 melee system.. well to put it bluntly you gunna get smoked.. BADLY! The auto punching idea i got nothing against i think it will add more to the game. Seeing as how people continually complain about the old and new melee systems ill lay down my idea for you all, remember there was a certain distance where you were too close to swoop but close enough to still hit someone well that point could be the autopunch point. Press the rmb or what ever you have your melee attack set to and you engage in a lil auto punch duel (dont quote me on the duel thing i dunno what the guys are doin). Im not entirely sure how it could work if u wanna swoop in and use the auto punches but thats my 2cents for tonight.

Everyone's Favorite Weirdo :D
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
welp.. you guys are giving thoughts..
but lets just wait and see how you like it ;) the charge swoop is a pretty fast charge. its so you dont have to constantly click your mouse and destroy it like I almost did kicking people butts around ;)

anywho, the charge swoop helps in this version. anywho, the melee is coming along great. and Im sure youll guys like all the work we put into it

Best answers
If u start a combo, are you limited to melee only, or can you throw in a quick blue beam?

Chargable swoop? Dont think it would work so cool, I prefer it if you could just click, and swoop!

Best answers
It's got to be charge swoop. If you didnt make it charge swoop then people would use that more instead of beams and advanced melee, like they do now.
I didn't actually think they was gonna keep the swoop feature, but if its chargeable, then i guess that makes it less dominant. - which is good

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
zolmaster said:
If u start a combo, are you limited to melee only, or can you throw in a quick blue beam?

Chargable swoop? Dont think it would work so cool, I prefer it if you could just click, and swoop!
well i hope they dont add automated combos at all. It'l make things too easy, hell yeah it'l look cool but you wont get the "oooooh yeah!" feeling that you get now.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Yea, I agree. It feels better to know that it was you and ONLY you that succeeded the combo rather than have it automatically performed.

🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Hey Darktooth when are you guys going to update the main page again, and

PLEASE put explosions for when you are meleed into the ground or water(splash) !

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Dalte89 said:
Hey Darktooth when are you guys going to update the main page again, and

PLEASE put explosions for when you are meleed into the ground or water(splash) !
Well, that'd probably attack the fps, so if they did implant it into esf, they'd better have an turn on/off option.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
everything has a cvar and if this was added it wouldnt be any different

Best answers
Yeah. I'm the guy in the wrong here. Right. I don't think you'll see me posting on these forums anymore. No need in being around a place that encourages abuses of power.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hal, stop abusing our leniancy with you. I'm absolutely tired of it and so are the rest of us. If you want to leave we wont exactly jump in front of a train to try and stop you. If you choose to stay, keep your behavior in check. You wont get so many get-out-of-jail-free cards from here on out.

Best answers
Hmm this always is a downer... :S

Does anyone have any other suggestions? ..If the team still feels like reviewing them that is :rolleyes:

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I suggest that we all should just sit back and wait to see what they bring to the table. There's nothing more to do now...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom