Melee Knocking Distance

Best answers
Right, as far as i know there is still the one hit melee that knocks you flying in 1.2
I was thinking how the dbz villains always stood still, not being knocked around at all because of their superior powerlevel.

So lets say once your powerlevel is say 2 million or so in difference, there should then be no knock back distance all the time the character is that much greater in PL. (but there would still be damage)
But combos would still work as normal.

Best answers
Yeah that doesn't sound too bad, I like it. But they would have to be on quite a high P/L imo.

Best answers
good idea but your pl would have to be huge compared the attackers

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That's unfair for lower PL transformation characters, especially those with permanent transformations.

Joe may or may not do something regarding how fast you can recover based on your power level. I'll ask him about it.

Best answers
i think its an advantage that u get thrown back! like when u attack a person that blocks right? then u can repeatably hit him but still he is standing still and u can hit MUCH faster than u can when they have been thrown away... :S its like there's a "timer" on the attacks when u have been thrown so people cant attack u right away... kinda sucks actually :D

Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
As i've said before, people really need to keep gameplay in mind when suggesting some of this stuff. Ok yeh, it's exactly like the show, and that's great and all. But some stuff just can't put into ESF fairly.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i agree, there are limits and this is over it.
just look trow a n00b ay(don't know how to spel that), you see something and he doesn't look carefuly.
the n00b swoops to him and................nothing, he just stands there and blow's the n00b away.
there is the point, it's not fair.

Best answers
Im only suggesting that the one hit melee that knocks you flying doesnt knock you flying once you reach a much higher powerlevel.
Melee combos would still work uneffected by this rule. (giving you the chance to catch up the PL difference and be able to knock them flying once again.)
I mean you can already deflect beams like kamehameha completely once you reach a certain powerlevel, so why not be prevented from being knocked around the map as if your hard earned PL was nothing. (but you would still take damage)
Just like deflecting this should be something that shows how much stronger you are having that extra 3 million or so.
But if you guys think thats too much , lets go with "Melee recovery based on your powerlevel" like Sonic Boyster said.
I just disagree that players that far out infront with strength can be batted around by some newcomer

Niobe : So if the noob swoops and single punches the high pl character. They are not moved. If the noob starts pre-punching the high pl character however, they can be damaged as normal.
And if you think standing still and knocking people back would work 100% of the time, then thats not the case. Remember, players can do the singlehit punchs and teleport away in time before they get hit.

Best answers
i kinda like this.. i mean he is right... thats the beauty of power. I mean it pisses me off when i have 10 mil pl and some new guy comes in and is able to have his way with me because of the fact that there is no real appearant difference in power... take away more hp with attacks... deflect one of there stronger beams... big whoop.. I mean good n all but there needs to be something else. Atleast recovery speed. I could live with that.

Also... melee attack delay after getting hit... take that off... it goes along with the skill earned thing. If you are skilled enough to throw them into the air, get to them and slam them back down then why not? it pisses me off when you hit someone into the air, teleport up to them many times and try to hit them only to find out the delay hasnt died off yet..

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
posted by Tetsudah

i kinda like this.. i mean he is right... thats the beauty of power. I mean it pisses me off when i have 10 mil pl and some new guy comes in and is able to have his way with me because of the fact that there is no real appearant difference in power... take away more hp with attacks... deflect one of there stronger beams... big whoop.. I mean good n all but there needs to be something else. Atleast recovery speed. I could live with that.

Also... melee attack delay after getting hit... take that off... it goes along with the skill earned thing. If you are skilled enough to throw them into the air, get to them and slam them back down then why not? it pisses me off when you hit someone into the air, teleport up to them many times and try to hit them only to find out the delay hasnt died off yet..
i totaly agree whit you
but the first part is based on 1.1 (in melee ki and teleports are everithing) so lets just see whats in 1.2
and the melee attack delay realy isnt that bad although it could be a bit shorter :D

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If you ever have 10x the PL of the person you are battling against just kill them, don't just sit there and expect that they are going to hit you with a simple melee attack to make you look good. That doesn't make any sense.

Best answers
how bout this, when the PL is very high, higher than others, block will be this kinda thing. it wont block beams though just punches. thats all. as for blocking beams u have to face them. and when u get hit u lose ki as well. as for blowing back, i dk

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well I kinnda like this idea...if it isn't used there should aleast be something to make you ACT stronger then someone with way less PL then you have.

Best answers
Heres my idea, Same thing, just u dont move as far, but you still move, so the higher ur pl is, the less distance you move....

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If it was exactly like the show then buu would own all of the characters easily.

Best answers
It shouldent be EXACLY like the show, lol buu would regen from everything, buu would be COMPLETLY invulnerable! LOL

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
if it was like the show the SB would be an unblockable super map nucker

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If the game was just like the show people would be suggesting that we balance characters all the time. The game isn't like the show, so we don't need examples of what things would be like if it were.

Best answers
well i know right now if u have like a 10 mill power lv diff a melle attack from someone fresh wont hurt you..same with generic beams..and u can PS with ki blast against someones kame...so its kinda already in 1.1....but i think it would be nice to have it in 1.2 aswell..

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
you nead atleast 50mil advantage to ps whit a ki blast
you probably ment genetic beam

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom