Melee good or bad you decide. (Official Melee Post)

Do you like the ESF melee system

• Yes.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No.

• It should be changed.

• Lets talk about something else.

• Total voters
Best answers
I like it the way it is. Try a five on one, super cool. I don't understand why people get so upset about melee. One hit from Garlic gun can kill someone, while if they melee you, you have a chance to kill them instead. Keep it the way it is!

Best answers
I've talked with some people, and we've come up with a possible change to melee to make it a little more even. Once you're locked onto, if you spot the person who's locked onto you there's a brief warning, like a glance of sunlight off them (you know, the anime *ting* just before the attack) to warn you that you've been locked onto. This should be very brief so that there is at least a tiny chance to react, though not too much to make melee unavoidable.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I like that idea. Personally I think they just need to fix beams so that they blow people backwards without blowing up in your face. If someone swoops at you and you hit them with a generic blast or a kamehameha it should carry them away from you.

Best answers
i like melee, but i think it needs to be changed. That is not to say scraped, but maybe added to, or improved... the game rocks over all, which is what counts ;)

feel special people, this was my 100th post!

Best answers
I think melee and beams r balanced. The only things that should be changed r the swoop speed, maybe complicate the way u do the blow, and add other options when u want to do some melee, like combos or something. When i think of melee i think of Dragon Ball Legend for PS1. U can hit him and send him flying or just hit him. U make certain combination, ur character starts hitting ur opponent , he can recover and break ur combo if he does a some combo break move or something and he should have more ki, the same, or at least be near yours. now that's more like the show ^_- or at least i think so.

Best answers
Melee is cool!! I like it very much........ that's what's better then DMZ! I mean, in DMZ you can't hit hard in DMZ! It's so boring then! That's what has leaded me to ESF, it's MUCH more cool!!

Best answers
I think melee is absolutly god awful in this game.

I understand it, but its abused sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo MUCH!

I just came from 5 Differnt games with different people, who WOULD NEVER USE A SINGLE ATTACK EXCEPT MELEE!

Melee needs to be limited somehow, Id personaly suggets it just stuns you and knocks you back and DOES ZERO DAMAGE.

Or a limit to how many times you can use it in a row.

Or Have melee guys take equal damage and knock back when you successfully block them( makes best sense here)

Someone needs to make NO melee servers until they fix melee.

Course im just really pissed off now cause I got melee constantly in 5 games in a row and was always double teamed with it, and yes Im good at melee, and YES I WAS BLOCKING!

V'

Best answers
Originally posted by Raziel1776
I've talked with some people, and we've come up with a possible change to melee to make it a little more even. Once you're locked onto, if you spot the person who's locked onto you there's a brief warning, like a glance of sunlight off them (you know, the anime *ting* just before the attack) to warn you that you've been locked onto. This should be very brief so that there is at least a tiny chance to react, though not too much to make melee unavoidable.
I think it should go around the metal gear solid way with a ! over your head.:idea: Im joking I like it.

Best answers
actually i think there should be more hitting, i never like the idea of just ONE punch or kick. what about a flury of punches? or like a back and forth thing. if anyone's played the bodukai for ps2 (which i think isn't as fun as esf) has a thing where the figthers lock like in the series and there's a back and forth blur of punches and kicks until one wins the struggle. sort of like a beam struggle but not...i'm not sure what else you could do there...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
:D I must say when I first got involved in ESF I HATED melee! But once I have gotten used to the contrals and everything i have found out that melee is one of the most important things while fighting!!!:fight: :fight:

Best answers
Originally posted by LastDarkness
I think melee is absolutly god awful in this game.

I understand it, but its abused sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo MUCH!

I just came from 5 Differnt games with different people, who WOULD NEVER USE A SINGLE ATTACK EXCEPT MELEE!

Melee needs to be limited somehow, Id personaly suggets it just stuns you and knocks you back and DOES ZERO DAMAGE.

Or a limit to how many times you can use it in a row.

Or Have melee guys take equal damage and knock back when you successfully block them( makes best sense here)

Someone needs to make NO melee servers until they fix melee.!
This is what i think.... YOU SUX you shouldn't tell ppl that your pissed just cause 5 games have melee. Id like to see you make you own MOD. PURE BEAMS that sux. If you dont like melee just say you dont dont say stuff like im pissed off at it. Either be happy with what the ppl who made this mod has done for all of us or just dont play it at all. Hey anther thing if you know how to make time to use beams then you can use them more reguarly. So you figure out away. You dont like melee thats fine but to say that its sooooooooooooo much abuse and your pissed off right now is just wrong.

Best answers
with out melee my server would crashes i get like 6 ppl all they do is smap with beam 2 mins later my server crashes. most good ppl i know use melee use beams at right times.

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by Raziel1776
you only half to target somebody to swoop. heck, you can even be facing the opposite direction of the targeted person(as long as they are still targeted) and swoop after somebody else. so the good meleers(or cheap in some eyes) would just target somebody different than the one person they want to melee. the whole targeting system seems to just make it easier to aim for far away people...

Best answers
What do you mean do you mean like hmm...
when your locked on some one you can swoop on someone else?
because i tryed that and nothing happens.

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
First, make sure that somebody is targeted, second don't aim at the untargetted person until after you swoop, or it will target the second person. Just tried it now and it worked great for me.

**edit**
oh yeh, i forgot, i stop the swoop a little early... and sometimes even before i get close and thent tele in... anyways the original point that i tried to convey was that you can attack others even if they aren't locked on...

Best answers
Heh cause im one of those people that take on multiple people and tryed doing experiments heh but i just swoop in front and do nothing im going to try it again thanks.

EDIT:Can you explain it easyer because this is what i do.

I target opponent1.
Then i move the mouse away from opponent1 and aim it on opponent2(who is not locked on).
So far so good im swooping.
Then when i swoop right in front of opponent2.

Well it doesnt kick him flying he just swoops right past him.

Best answers
I played the game yesterday and I liked it very much (probably because am i fan of dbz too) I still suck @ melee attacks cause 8/10 times I miss and indeed on most servers most players do nothing but melee attacks and its indeed a bit boring and annoying. But after a bit of practice with blocking and teleporting its easy to avoid. And probably i'll be good with melee attacks too after some practice.

My way to have revenge (cause i couldn't hit them with melee) was going ssj, flying to the highest top and powering up a final flash or other simular attack and then shooting the blast at the rest that are meleeing eachother to dead. :D

I also think using a combination of melee attacks and beams is a cool, good and spectacular way of killing your opponents.:)

I voted 'it should be changed' cause it may need some tweaking. But for the rest it rocks.:p

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You have to be locked onto an opponent to hit them while swooping, but you can hit anyone when you're moving at normal speed. In order to hit someone you aren't locked onto you have to stop swooping when you reach them and hold alt-attack. I do it *ALL* the time, especially when someone else is chasing me and I've having a bad day. No transformation for you!

Best answers
Originally posted by Sonic Boyster
You have to be locked onto an opponent to hit them while swooping, but you can hit anyone when you're moving at normal speed. In order to hit someone you aren't locked onto you have to stop swooping when you reach them and hold alt-attack. I do it *ALL* the time, especially when someone else is chasing me and I've having a bad day. No transformation for you!
Yep everyone really cared how you felt MR pcjoe.

Melee rules. And [NEO]_icf Too many people complain about no beams. Heh atleast somebody was smart enough to make a combination of beams and melee.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom