Melee good or bad you decide. (Official Melee Post)

Do you like the ESF melee system

• Yes.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No.

• It should be changed.

• Lets talk about something else.

• Total voters
Best answers
no one are saying to take off melee, the unique thing that must be made is to leave melee and beans of equal to equal, making with that using they beam or melee equally efficient these "combinations" are *****, everything you need to do is to throw the guy in floor and to shoot in it, still overpower.
as was said its just to left-click and hold the right-click... melee had to be more complex, with punchs and kicks and take off Lock-on and swoping.
as I think would be better, you would use the turbo and teleport to arrive in the enemy and when you reached it, you give him some punchs and kicks, it could block or the both could start if kicking and punching.
another simple thing that would be very good without having that to make big modifications, is a form "to strike" melee, when enemy comes with everything to swap you, you aim at it and insurance block, when it get close you presses mouse and your character frusta the attack of the enemy with another blow, this would make the use of melee well more strategical, and not a meaningless go-and-return... of this form the enemy would not have to try to give the return, to catch you for top or the coasts so that you nao obtained "to strike". e to arrange a skill to save who took a blow and this fallem, times vc is knocked down and takes as much beams that it forms that "sphere of energy" that you it arrests and vc are la taking blows, if to continue thus go to have instant kills, where you take a blow, it falls in floor and the guy kills you...to make this you could leave that teleporte either given while fallen or while in that sphere of energy.

i translated this text in astalavista, i hope you can read it

here is the original text in portuguese:
ninguem ta dizendo pra tirar o melee, a unica coisa que deve ser feita é deixar o melee e os beans de igual pra igual, fazendo com que usar beam ou melee sejam igualmente eficientes.
essas "combinações" sao ridiculas, tudo é jogar o cara no chao e atirar nele, assim nao tem graça nenhuma alem de ser mais overpower ainda.
e usar o melee nao empolga em nada, como ja foi dito eh soh clicar o butão esquerdo e depois segurar o direito...o melee devia ser mais complexo, com socos e chutes e sem lock-on e sem swoping.
como eu imagino seria bem melhor, vc usaria o turbo e teleporte pra chegar no inimigo e quando alcançasse vc ia encher ele de socos e chutes, ele podia bloquear ou os 2 poderiam começar a se chutar.

outra coisa bem simples que seria muito boa sem ter que fazer grandes modificações, é uma forma de "rebater" o melee, o cara vem com tudo no swap em vc, vc mira nele e segura o block, quando ele tiver perto vc aperta o mouse e seu personagem frusta o ataque do inimigo com algum outro golpe,
isso fazeria o uso do melee bem mais estratégico, e não um vai-e-volta sem sentido...dessa forma o inimigo teria de tentar dar a volta, te pegar por cima ou pelas costas para que vc nao conseguisse "rebater".

e arrumar um jeito de salvar quem levou um golpe e esta caido, as vezes vc é derrubado e leva tantos beams que forma aquela "esfera de energia" que te prende e vc fica la tomando golpes, se continuar assim logo-logo vão haver mortes instantaneas, em que vc leva um golpe, cai no chao e o cara te mata
pra isso voces poderiam deixar que o teleporte seja dado enquanto caídos ou enquanto naquela esfera de energia.

e claro, fazer com que o botão direito tenha que ser apertado na hora certa e não só segurar.

Best answers
I am happy now that in Beta 1.1 they will make a admin option to have melee or no melee that makes my day now I can have my no melee server w00t!

Best answers
I'm not sure, but if someone with a low pl melees a hig pl character, he hig pl takes a lot of damage and gets pushed away.

I don't think krillin could hit ssj goku in the series because of gokus strenght. (he doesnt feel krilling punshing)

Also, I think the swoop is to fast

Best answers
Of course krillin can't hit ssj goku in the show LMAO, krillin = :fight: and if the esf mod was exactly like the show then there would be no use at all to pick krillin or piccolo everyone would need to pick buu goku and vegeta because in the show they are the most powerful characters in esf (cell isnt really because by the time buu comes vegeta or goku could easily defeat cell) but thats why its a game. Anyway I don't know what you are saying, are you saying that if someones pl is much higher than they shouldnt be able to be hit by the low pl ppl?? That would be unfair but I know that if you have higher pl you can recover from melee alot faster, so that is definately good

Best answers
I like melee the way it is, not to flame ANYONE or offend ANYONE, but if the game were justa whole beam attack, we'd have slowass gameplay and then all u ppl out there would ask for hand to hand combat, and since most ppl whoo complain about melee, no offense, cant play with it very well, well, if u learn the art of it, its hella fun, especially duking it out with another perosn. if u wanna use a beam, use it as a finishing move...the "DBZ" way, sure they had some beams during fights, but it was only when one person knocked down another, noone fired a beam in the middle of a fight expecting to hit the other person when they were moving at high speed, so i like it the way it is. The only thing that gets annoying with melee is when ur duking it out with someone and others fire beams at you or melee you. So all you people who are complaining about melee...please stop.

Best answers
well, with the high pl low pl debate, i just reckon the low pl should have less of an effect, cos a 1 mil player vs a 10mil still packs a wollop, a little too hard imo, but im not that fussed :)

Best answers
Maybe they have to use the same idea about the powerlevels just like in DMZ.

When u reach a certain pwrlvl u can make urself stronger, faster etc.

i think that would be nice

Best answers
it's all to power full and all too easy....

I was hopeing you could have cool little fights but no in ESF it's all beams and on punch throws..

I really don't see the fun in it.. yeah maybe it should be keept sence it is a used function but maybe it could only be done when your have more ki...or when you become at a stronger level than the person.

I really do think you should either replace the melee with an actually brawl out function and have the old melee mixed in after you do some krazy combo and land all your punches and what not....

or you add a fighting funtion and the melee can only be used when at certain level...

This prob. wont get read but i think this would fix the complaining and add a cool feature (actuall fist fights like in the show!! weeeeee) ...

that's my two sence :rolleyes:

Best answers
well I am very good with Melee I just really really love beams MUCH more than melee as melee gets very boring after awhile and a beam war is helluva fun

Best answers
lol the melee at a certain level is stupid. all the z fighters learn to melee before they can beam stuff :p

i really like the melee as it is, its a good system, what we really need is to add to it, so then you can get a melee lock and duck it out with the other guy, possibly a different melee key added, and if you both attack at the same time, a melee struggle, or grapple could occur :) now that would be cool.

(for the standard fight, it could possibly be click for a normal punch/kick, and hold for a big one, for like 1.5 seconds, that should be enuf to try to smack them back - stunning people mid fight would be good then: picture this, your super buu, smacking gohan about, you hit gohan in the stomach, gohan goes ouch, and curs over, stunned for a sec, allowing you time to axehandle him into the floor - i think it would own :D)

one thing i would like added tho, its if you get smacked by a beam full on, the explosion should throw you back a bit, depending on how strong it is/you are :)

Best answers
Well i think there is nothing wrong with melee. Does anyone rembemer ESF Alpha 2.0, now that was purerly beams. I got so bored of it really quickly. Also melees quite fun if you make it interesting. Most of the time in servers i just se people swoop hit swoop hit. I rip em. Thats what they get for doing boreing moves. But thats besides the point. The only reason most ppl donlt like melee is because they dont know how to mkae it interesting.

For example: When someone swoops on you (which thats something ppl dog), you can teleport away and counter att, block counter att, many things. there are many trick people dont see. You can even teleport and hit them. So i like ESf the way it is.

and if you have problms with doing beams. In the series you rarely do beams. All i read is i like beams they should change the game. And then i read they should make it like the series.

Im just saying melee is fun if you know how to make it interesting.

NOTE: Dont hate me for this post.

Best answers
Yes I agree and I like the melee system. Its great especially for a beta. Good thing that 'yes' is winning in the poll, only thing to better the melee system is better animations and sometimes they are off a bit like you press second mouse then the guy goes flying and right after the animation happens so its a little slow and needs to be tweaked, also the animations could be more advanced than just a flipkick or headbut but im SURE they already know this and fix it for beta1.1 ;D

Best answers
there are more i think, im sure in some cases you can lock your fists together and hammer someone down towards the ground

Best answers
Yeah you can lock you fists together that accully looks cool.
But what i hate is when you do a back flip. Its like there flying in the air and then when there already stable. You do the flip.

Best answers
Melee rocks... period. It adds a lot more to an already great game. It should however be slightly tweaked in my opinion.

Speed is fine, when I see Goku powering up the Spirit Bomb I need to get there quick to stop him.

Damage should be reduced, and reactions based on power level.
Ex.
If Goku whose power level is 12, 000, 000 is powering up the spiritbomb, and Krillin whose power level is 500, 000 goes melee to stop him. If Krillin hits him , Goku shouldn't budge, and a very small damage ammount of damage should occur. That way Goku can still power it up without worry of little insignificant Krillan ruining it, with his weak kick.
Ex2.
If two players are melee targeting each other, then the melee victim shouldn't be sent flying unless the melee attacker is "significantly" stronger. So say Goku is standing still, watching two people fight and I krillan come diving in from behind, can send him flying even though I am a lot weaker.
Ex3.
Another possible fun idea, would be that if two people melee attack each other at the same time, they both go flying back encouraging them to switch to beam attacks.

Melee damage should be taken down a lot though, so that isn't so much of attack but a setup to an attack. So I can swoop in and punt a guy to start a fight with him, then blast him with a beam, but after this we pretty much have to go beam for beam if we want to kill each other.

One more thing, damage from your own attacks should be drastically reduced, especially while the glithes are still in. (I powerup a Spirit Bomb, in the air, then I let it go and it blows up right in my face killing me. Even though from what I can see, nothing is near enough to me to set it off.) It would be cool though if I hit a spirit bomb too close to me, it would send me flying backwards like melee does.

One of my favourite things is when a guy way up in the sky is diving in for a melee attack and I'm powering up the Kamaeamaea, then I blast it right at him. It is annoying however how it always kills me too. (This would also reduce melee occurrance for fear of being blown to bits.)

Best answers
I dont really like the idea when 2 people have the aimer at each other and when they both use melee they both go flying. To tell you the truth i hate the idea.

If i wanted to add something extra. It would be when to people aim at each other and use melee they start punching realyy fast like in Dragonballz Budokai or Dragonballz hyperdimention.

Best answers
The big problem isn't really in the fighting system, a combo system would be kinda neat and melee should be weakened a bit(sending someone flying should only be a special move)
The problem is with the majority of players. How many times have you been in a powerstruggle with someone, and some 'tard decides to take a cheapshot at you and throw a fully-charged kamehameha in your direction. Or you'll get doubleteamed or even tripleteamed sometimes. It gets really annoying when you're trying to fight someone and some jerkoff on the other side of the map decides to slam you to the ground. Other than cheap moves, this is a great mod, way better than DMZ, in my opinion.

Best answers
Err fighting 3 ppl on 1 is fun. esspecally when your the 1. cause when you win you get to bag em out. Also its only a game. And takeing 2 ppl on isnt hard. And is fun too you shouldnt get pissed if you lose.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom