Melee good or bad you decide. (Official Melee Post)

Do you like the ESF melee system

• Yes.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No.

• It should be changed.

• Lets talk about something else.

• Total voters
Best answers
i agree a nice grapple would be good, and more responsive kick buttons, but adding an extra punch button could make it far too complex for what it is already.

Just as a side note, i got to 36 mil, and the 1 mil dude, did sod all to me, killed him in like 1 hit, he could barely touch me, so it does work :p

Best answers
i think this thread is a bit premature in that this is only a beta still. It is good for suggestions but they will probably change the melee system, or add to it, in later versions.... But keep the suggestions coming in, just dont say stuff like 'this is what it should have been like' as they will still develope it more.... BTW, im not flaming anyone, just reminding people that the DEVs are still doing something, i hope, with the melee system (the DEVs are geniouses for making this mod BTW)

ZuL

Best answers
Just as a side note, i got to 36 mil, and the 1 mil dude, did sod all to me, killed him in like 1 hit, he could barely touch me, so it does work :p
Oh really? You have a point there, but remember that when a 600 k guy hits you with melee, and you have 50 mil, the melee is still the same, you get hit as far as if you guys had the same pl. Damage is different, but it should be more like, that you won't get thrown far at all, or maybe even wont budge. But that WOULD be kinda unfair... but it's alot more realistic (as if DBZ is realistic anyways :rolleyes: )

Best answers
ya but that problem is kinda debatable, Remember this is a Deathmatch team battle game. not an RPG.
people will be randomly joining servers with people who have sadly been playing on that server for what 6 hours?
Not throwin an arguement back just making a point.
The only thing i'm against is al those people B***Hing about Melee. Listen get over it. play the game. learn melee. STop being a n00b

Best answers
i like the melee system but always when you are or charging or struggling someone jsut flies over and gives you a smack that sends you to the other side of the map

maybe they should make it that you first have to hit him a few times with normal punches and kicks and and then do major punch or kick i think this will make it easier when 2 melee which each others now its mosltly flying past each other turning and flying again and the occasional hit

and you get some more time to turn around when he comes from a blind angle when your more focussed on some one else
and ofcourse it gives you time to blow up your beam or cancel your beam and start blocking
and it will look more dbz like

truly sorry if this has been said before but it would take me till next century to read all the posts and i just logged ino_o

Best answers
Originally posted by wongoone
maybe they should make it that you first have to hit him a few times with normal punches and kicks and and then do major punch or kick i think this will make it easier when 2 melee which each others now its mosltly flying past each other turning and flying again and the occasional hit
AGREE :)

Best answers
Situation 1:
I have 4,387,000 and i am Goku. The other guy has 1,345,000 and is Vegeta. Every time we swoop at each other he wins (yes i am clicking the punch button). wtf is that?!
Situation 2:
I have 4 mil and he has 2 mil. If i melee while he blocks i am countered instantly with not even .01 secs to do anything!!! I know it takes longer than that to counter. w t f

Best answers
I have had that happen heaps maybe it is just lag I am not sure.
or it could be you click to early and he clicks at the right time I am not to sure.

Hsu

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ping has a huge factor in deciding who wins in a swoop. Unless you know what you are doing:D. I once went into a server and killed the guy one on one everytime and i had a ping 100 over his. This ment I was a cheater but in reality i ujst know how to hit ppl.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
And if you time it really well, you can block+ counter EXTREMELY quickly, seemingly the instant the enemy touches you, and its hard to get out of unless ur fast w/ the teleport button.

Best answers
I second that...

Best answers
just incase you didnt know, you can hold the kick/punch button while you swoop and ur guy hits as soon as he gets close enough... also, whenever i play i have a ping of around 500 - 1000, so melee is hard for me to do succesfully, but i have had someone block my melee, then i am flying thru the air before i can do anything... its damn annoying, but i think it is because of my ping, and im used to it now

Best answers
Hey if ur in the middle of a struggle in DBZ and someone hits u, well guess what ur gonna go flying cause u have no defenses what so ever. Notice "Oh but what if i'm stronger than him?" this is a deathmatch game and being stronger dont count
Melee is good as it is leave it. ADD TO IT but dont change it, it is the way it is for good reason, u just started analyzing this, the team has been dev'd this for a year now, (by add to it i mean Struggles, like the result of a Double Swoop should be melee struggle in the middle....not the winner decided by lag)
oh yeah and saying this is esf not dbz is the DUMBEST defense for any arguement i've ever heard
If a mod is meant to MIMIC as close as possible something else.
that arguement is autmomatic proof that ur an ignorant moron

Best answers
actually when people hit you in esf it wont hurt if your power strugling (not shrue about block ps) and if uv seen cell games they couldnt touch him exept vegeta but tahts the shwo and this is a game. I really liek how if ur above you hit the mto the ground and if your below you hit them up i also liek jugling people in the air butg sometimes it wont attack? wats with that;/

Best answers
i think that the melee system is awesome, however seeing that i am a newbie i dont know how to use it yet so some help on how to use it would be nice, however i thik that changing the melee system or removing it would be changing DBZ and that should not happen. i just need to learn how to use melee cuz ive killed a few ppls with it and its awesome so if n e one is willing to help me please tell me. also, for all u whiners out there, i cant use melee either but i find ESF the kewlest mod for halflife so just stfu. thanks, later
chris

Best answers
I get EXTEREMELY frustrated ;( when I'm right on top of a guy and secondary fire does NOTHING! i pound my keyboard, swoop away, swoop back in for the kill and still not a single kick! why does secondary fire cut out like that?? no, my ki hasn't run out.

Best answers
DigitalPro - i think that is a BUG in melee, and i think they will fix it. You have to use teleport to fix it. Well thats what i saw someone post here and when i was playing with bots the other night it wouldn't attack so i used teleport and then i could. So give that a try.

iwanttoplay - you shouold read all the way through the 20 or so pages of this thread and you will see people telling others how to use melee. or download and read the ESF manual, its probably in the ESF folder somewhere.

Best answers
well, its been a good soild few weeks. not a single beam. not even a ki ball. this makes me sad i have to admit. ive had this game since it first came out, been on the forums under a diffrent name for a while. and now, im uninstalling the mod. this is rediclous. and dont tell me people still use beams. ive been in atleast 100 diffrent games. i havent seen a beam i didnt fire. all it is is swoop melee. swoop melee. swoop melee. ive played, won a few games, lost a few games, realised i dont care any more. melee has killed this game. and for those who mention the counters allow me to list why thier invalid.

Distructo disk- youll get hit before it charges

Block- you can imeditly block after hiting someone whos blocking so they cant hit you, its easy to fly behind people. they go through block some times

firing a beam when they cant dodge- cant charge up fast enough and dosent do enough damage.

the only choise left is to do what they do. swoop, melee. swoop, melee. swoop melee. for a few hours straight. that is not a game. thats the bear equivelent of that guy from the jetsons job. im sorry but this is just too rediclous, too unbalanced, and too unlike any episode or movie of dbz i have ever seen. not to mention too un-fun. now if you'll exscuse me, i have to go find a real third person fighting game.

Best answers
Melee is the coolest attack in the game..or funnyest atleast..Why should we get rid of it..But it think they maby should make it a little stronger

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
im waiting for the "advanced" melee before i decide if its good or bad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom