Melee good or bad you decide. (Official Melee Post)

Do you like the ESF melee system

• Yes.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No.

• It should be changed.

• Lets talk about something else.

• Total voters
Best answers
Melee is pretty cool, almost like the episodes, but I wouldn't say it's perfect. There are a few flaws that could be fixed.
Just to name a couple..

1. Targeting system
2. Blocking (people whoring the block feature)

Best answers
The only thing that should be changed:

A.) There should be seperate keys for targeting someone and for dashing at them. I've accidentally targeted other people simply by trying to dash at someone else. Gets kind've annoying =\

Everything else about the game is great. I haven't seen this kind of speed in any game I've ever played before. It's all so wellbalanced.. you can teleport out of the way of their attacks, or you can block and counter. If they're blocking, you just hit and immediately teleport away before they can counter, or you dash right past them and hit them from behind (you can only block attacks if you're looking at the attacker). When you get two people who know what they're doing, the speed is insane. It's nonstop dashing, teleporting, and the occasional block.

I don't really understand how they could effectively implement a system with multiple forms of melee attacks (like punching, kicking, etc). It'd just lose some of the speed that makes the game so unique and challenging. Nor do I think a melee power struggle would be a good idea.. you'd be stuck in powerstruggles every couple of seconds.

As for beams being useless or underpowered.. thats just BS. The beams can be essential to pulling off kills in both 1 on 1 and in a crowded server. These people keep complaining about being hit while they're spamming finalflashes... that takes a lot less skill and it's much less entertaining. Besides, it's not even close to what the show is like.

Overall, I think this game is absolutely amazing for a pvp fps. You guys did a great job.

Best answers
Sorry if this has already been discussed, but does anyone else find it a problem locking onto people? This is especially annoying when someone is hitting you across the ground and you cannot lock-on to attack them, and also when someone is far away and teleporting around a lot.

Best answers
nemesis - i found on the esf_rosat map (time chamber) that it is much harder to lock onto people. this was even with 0 lag playing against bots, so its not the lag i think it's the map.

i agree there should be another key for targeting, and you should be able to target someone at all times. By this i mean that if someone melees you that you dont have targeted, as you fly away from them (after being hit) and look back, you should be able to lock on. If you are blocking as they fly in, you should be able to lock on. Letting down defenses just to say to the game "yes this guy that has a ping 200 lower than me and is meleeing my arse around the map... i would like to lock onto him" can **** you to tears sometimes.

melee struggles, i dont know what is planned yet but I would like to think these would only get engaged when two players swoop at each other. If its just one player blocking and one swooping then leave it be I think.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ow for the ppl who suggest all these ' special' moves like handsjoined above head punch and all....

OPEN YA EYES. its in.

Front makes a kick, facing from above a headpunch, facing from below a flip. More things are in. Ya not believe me and find melee to fast? get modelviewer and check the models then.

Best answers
i was thinking about a extra combat system.
like u lock on but u wont need to rush in u can go to the enemy and kick and punch him. but that wont take any HP away from the enemy it would drain his stamina bar (or something).
and when its empty u can smack him to the floor (or in the air) just like a u fight now. the stamina bar would grow with your powerlevel etc.
we basicly would keep the current meleesys and could add this sys or something simular i think that could be kewl.
but its just me maybe someone else likes this id 2.
(forgive me for my crappy english :))

Best answers
Alright I can't talk about people with low connections but with my DSL the game works just fine. I really can't understand the people who say they are only able to fire a blast every 10 minutes and they always get meleed out of charging. After an excessive 1 on 1 training with a friend of mine i was able to charge my beams and dodge all his swoops(and he's good at melee), blasting him to bits in the process. I usually shoot a beam every one or two minutes, sometimes more often if i have some space between my enemy(and I always charge my beam to max. power). I usually get 2 frags for each beam, if i'm in a lucky mood i sometimes get 4 people with a beam.
If I can shoot beams almost nonstop withouit getting meleed you can too(if your connection isn't slow that is). ;)
Just train it 1 on 1 with someone and get used to watching your scouter. If someone wants to melee you in an actual game with more people you will be prepared for it. I usually tend to laugh my ass off when i hear people complain in-game that i dodge their melee attacks while charging a beam. Sentences like: " Dude you have to hold still so i can smack you down" just make me roll on the floor gasping for air. :D
I usually make even more kills with beams than with melee since a beam kills your opponent just so much faster(although i had some 3 minute powerstruggles, but at the end i got 7 frags for blowing the map up including myself so i guess it doesn't matter).
So at the bottom line: If you have problems with beams: train.
You don't think the team would have made a DBZ mod in which shooting beams is impossible. It isn't. It's really easy if you know how actually.
Peace people.
The mod is good as it is
:yes:

Best answers
the melee system is good, and dont say it kills beams, you can use beams like they do in the TV show
smash them with a melee attack and then throw a beam at them, this gets you a VERY high PL quickly

Best answers
I both agree and disagree. The melee system IS good. and i personally emjoy it but i can also see the flip side. when i play in the larger games its hard to get a beam off, even if you *do* smash your target into a mountain and start charging your beam, your almost garenteed to get kicked in the back of the head with doing it. But all that aside, i refuse to ***** or even complain about this game, overall it is so fantastic that the little annoyances or cosmetic problems are so minor that i dont even notice them.

My two cents.

Best answers
Some changes to (the melee) which i'd like 2 see ;)

1. make an instant melee button like lmb= punch and rmb=kick so that is would be more difficult to do a melee, and a little more fair.
2. Create a melee-struggle; like in bodoukai some sort of "kishield" goes around 2 players and they have to button bash (kick,punch,block) to win (their pl is an important factor) and if one player loses the other one punches him reallly hard like -40% of the other guys life-energy.
3. Make the khamehameha beams (the outer-end) a little bigger for more effect. And let other ppl join in a ps: example : a vs b, b is losing a guy named c steps in on the side of b and fires a masenko or something like that so that a loses that would be soooo OMG coool :X.
4. when u toggle turbo create with some chars, a cool lightning effect ( if that's possible).
5. Maybe an RPG-mode ( :D:D)?
6.The teleporting shouldn't cost so much ki and create lines instead of small dots allthogether (u can use the same thing as the melee "punch" effect).
7. That's all well offcourse I'd like 2 c more transformations maps wishes etcetcetc but that's all standard and **** :D:D:D:D\
8. Oh yes and ur mod ROXXXXXXz0zzzzzz

Grtz

ThA<->PuLsE

Best answers
Still own ya with these changes :D

Anyway sounds cool, RPG would be interesting but id rather see more transformations.

Cool mod :)

Best answers
Lol u keep sayin' that all the time but mostly i own u and i've got proof from out latest " Embodiment of Fire" ;)

I own but not on esf_kami ;x most ppl bounce me around the entire map because of the melee thingy sux ;)
Esf_riverside is perfect ! The ultimate map and offcourse my Ownage map :D

Best answers
Yeah well bots shoot team members, hard to own you when i got a Kamehameha up my backside :)
And its just cus you know how to use the teleport the right way, i keep porting into stuff :cry:

Anyway, i own you in the city to ;)

Best answers
Originally posted by FallenAngel
Pretty much seems to me like he doesn't know how to melee Tepus. Notice the part with clicking 8 times. The .1% block is also ridiculous and saying that melee requires no skill to hit is so funny I'm still laughing after reading it twice. No offense though.
guess what we're laughing at you, your oviously didnt read either of our posts or know who your talking to or what about. you seem to get alot of things wrong acording to other people too, like tepus said the block does hardly work the hit box is far to large for melee as you can hit from a large distance and from quite a way left or right of your target. the clicking 8 times is true as on a lan with no lag and standing right next to someone you do have to click many times very often before you can get a hit registered. you dont know what you are talking about.... no offence though

EDIT: stop being such a freak you dont 'train'...its a G.A.M.E you dont train to become super powerful this is real life try returning to it sometime

Best answers
:yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: 4 thumbs up!

i dont think anything should be changed, only added

for melee struggling, it should look like they are punching and kicking really fast (u dont press anything to do this) but while that happens, ppl click repeatedly to win the strugle and as u get into the blue, sum of the punches/kicks hit them, the further in the blue, the higher hit rate.

just an idea...

Best answers
i think they should make it so when you press the melee button (default 1) twice you be able to use trunks's sword, when you swoop he aims the tip of it behind him like hes getting ready for a big swing then he swings it at the oponnent causes extra melee damage but a little slower moving speed(mabye).Then when you deselect it he puts it away , and when you select it he pulls it out. I also think that he should be able to lose it, if he is knocked and he has it out he can loose it(not every time hes knocked) and you can go get it on the ground(he should be able to see it on the scouter as a blue dot. I also think that he shouldnt be able to block when he has it out(its only fair). aight thats wut i think would be excelent to see in the next patch or something. i really hope u consider it.....but hell do wut u want:]

Best answers
I voted no. I used to play this mod alot (alpha version) and I installed the new beta two days ago. But when I play a beta game I get melee-ed all the time. There are no big beam fights any more. This is a shame cause the beamfights made the mod so fun to play, that is why I played. It aind fun anymore with all the melee going on. Can't even get out of the spampoint or you get melee-ed.

Best answers
Originally posted by [RAW]Fusion
guess what we're laughing at you, your oviously didnt read either of our posts or know who your talking to or what about. you seem to get alot of things wrong acording to other people too, like tepus said the block does hardly work the hit box is far to large for melee as you can hit from a large distance and from quite a way left or right of your target. the clicking 8 times is true as on a lan with no lag and standing right next to someone you do have to click many times very often before you can get a hit registered. you dont know what you are talking about.... no offence though

EDIT: stop being such a freak you dont 'train'...its a G.A.M.E you dont train to become super powerful this is real life try returning to it sometime
Yeah, sure. The only one "laughing" are you and that seems to stem from mental instability. Saying "no offence though" after insulting me multiple times is kinda pointless. I just said how the game plays for me and everyone i played with. Melee is perfect and has no lag up to 400er pings. Beams are used often and Power Struggles are frequent. There are no balance issues. If the game doesn't play this way for you, I'm honestly sorry.

Best answers
I think the melee system is great. I laughed like crazy when i smashed someone into a mountain the first time because it was so amazing. It is nearly perfect because it is really like in DB. Swooping, attacking, teleporting, blocking,......
But i had the problem with the klicking, too. Sometimes i was near an enemy and klicked.... and klicked.... and klicked..... and then he smashed me to the ground..... :fight: (No, he was NOT blocking....)
And I DO know how to melee, so please don't say it's because i'm incompetent. :S

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom