Melee good or bad you decide. (Official Melee Post)

Do you like the ESF melee system

• Yes.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No.

• It should be changed.

• Lets talk about something else.

• Total voters
Best answers
block is dodgy for me too, i think it could just be lag though. but esp with krillen (but i do pick him the most) i notice block doesn't seem to work. i think if your ping goes over about 300 then you have to press and hold block a LOT earlier than you should have to. I've been meleed from MILES away and by this i mean that they start swooping, and i turbo and strafe to the side and am looking back at where i originally was (which is a fair distance) and then get smacked to the ground.

I'm not whinging about it, i think its just the lag. Maybe others should take a look at their ping if things like this are happening to them.

Big beams - I use them heaps, so does everyone else. I can't see anything wrong with melee how it is still.

The power struggle system is the pits. Thats my biggest complaint with the beta1, but hey, it's a beta1, and it's damn fine for that.

I REALLY THINK THAT WHEN YOU ARE HOLDING BLOCK YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO HIT PRIM FIRE AND TARGET THE GUY WAITING TO MELEE YOU THAT IS IN FRONT OF YOU! THIS WOULD HELP SOOOO MUCH!

Best answers
I think the melee is all good. The one thing I dont like is after somebody knocks you down sometimes they'll stand beside you and wait for you to get up so they can kick you again. I can usually teleport or jump out of the way but not always. Maybe something for when your getting up they do like a spin motion and stick their legs out and if somebody is near you, you'll kick them away but do very, very little damage. Its just a thought....

The only other thing I would like to see changed is lowering the swoop speed. I believe its a tad bit to fast.
Accept for those two problems, its a pretty good system.

Best answers
Apparently no one wants to give any :p

I'll go ahead and give mine. That whole struggle fast punch thing has been suggested 30,000 times and according to a few people is being implemented.

Best answers
First of all, no double posting, Edit your last message. Moderators frown upon double posts.

I personally dont like the idea, once you have someone targeted, its a melee to the death. I personally like a balance between beams and melee, but lets face it, there are a lot of melee whores out there, and most battles are melee. I dont know how that power down idea would work, but try re-explaining it.

Best answers
I try to balance melee with beams but its almost impossible. Whenever I back up and try to charge up a beam he comes at me and kicks me across the field. I do it again, same result. Eventually, you give up and realize you are forced to fight melee until one of you dies. Sadly, I don't see anyway around this scenario. I mean, you can't hit pause and say,"Hey! Lets do beams for a while!!". Doesn't work like that.:\

Mr. Preacher
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
When will you guys learn and start to view other posts before posting? I won't delete it this time BUT I am going to move it into the official melee thread.

STOP MAKING TOPICS ABOUT MELEE WE HAVE ONE STICKY DEDICATED TO IT!!

Best answers
Originally posted by Chrono Andrus
I try to balance melee with beams but its almost impossible. Whenever I back up and try to charge up a beam he comes at me and kicks me across the field. I do it again, same result. Eventually, you give up and realize you are forced to fight melee until one of you dies. Sadly, I don't see anyway around this scenario. I mean, you can't hit pause and say,"Hey! Lets do beams for a while!!". Doesn't work like that.:\

I dont get this.... are you talking about on a 1on1 server or something? Because in FFA games I find no problem getting out large beams and other things that take a while to store up. I could see how it would be hard in 1on1, but even when i play 1 on 1 it's still easy to use ki. YOu have to Work your way up to big beams. Make them back off with ki shots first, then quick beams and then big beams.
and if they are flying in towards you as you shoot your beam, hit sec fire and explode it and it will hit them!

Mystic-ROsHI

M
i think it should be changed in the following ways :

1. FASTER MEELE ATTACKS ( like when you move towards your enemie you fly faster)
2. MELEE STRUGGLE.
3.If someone is blocking and your stronger than them... when you hit them, they should have a retaliation.. like they are shaking themselves off, so people dont just stand there and block the whole game.(especially when they are good at it!):p

:\

Best answers
i like the melee. it is very innovative, and does capture one element of the cartoon very well. a big pat on the back for the programmers and to those who helped implement this idea!

My suggestions, leave melee alone, and tweak some features into it. to remedy the blocking complaints, maybe a counter-attack move can be implemented. (a la' "alpha counter"s from the streetfighter series of beat 'em ups)

For those who don't know what i am on about, alpha counter was a move performed straight after a successful block, which effectively put the attacking player off guard and scored a hit for the defending player, thus making the hunter into the hunted.

The alpha counter would effectively send the person who ate it flying, and after a succesful counter, the player who executed it would go in for a swoop, which would no doubt result in a counter on them. This would definately make one reconsider being a "melee whore".

"that's my 10 cents, my 2 cents is free"

Best answers
Well,think melee is good,it allow combo (teleport,melee+kameha,etc).
BUT it REALLY suck on internet when u have a ping like 70 or more....same for 60 I must say....
All the game is really difficult to play with a "high" ping like 70...euh..lol....;(
But...some others points....mhhh melee seem to be for "good" players.Hate ******s always making kameha with goku or Big blast (genki dama).There are so much noob lamers...going in the sky and throwing their biatch noob power...
Another point...it respect the manga.

Best answers
and...melee is unfortunately not everytime accurate...sad.
It must stay for sure but...must be a litte changed(in good...:] )
for ping like 60-70 or higher...

Best answers
hehe, how about a 200 ping? melee is still very usable with ping of up to 300 i think... and it does still have bugs in it im sure they will get weeded out in later release fixes. i played with some bots and melee is so good with no ping, but the bot dont melee all that much! have to wait for smart bots i think.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm starting to get mad now, i wanna use the melee and tell you guys what I think of it, but my comp has been broken for two weeks and I haven't even played the beta.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr ;(

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well I played the beta, and the melee is far too overpowering for me and my lag. I have 56k, and the game is basically unplayable. Everytime I see someone coming at me, I press and hold block, but by the time it registers, I am stuck in the ceiling, floor or skybox.

The beams are ok though.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Originally posted by Ryoko
Well I played the beta, and the melee is far too overpowering for me and my lag. I have 56k, and the game is basically unplayable. Everytime I see someone coming at me, I press and hold block, but by the time it registers, I am stuck in the ceiling, floor or skybox.

The beams are ok though.
poor you... With that sort of connection will this proberly not be the funniet experience you got...

Best answers
some servers are worse then others for me.. I'm on Cable and the lag is bad.... but it has nothing to do with my connection... i'm running a celeron... they're useless

Best answers
It is a good melee system. my friend walked in the room when i was fighting and i was meleeing someone. He said "omg wtf just happened?" in a surprised tone. it was pretty funny. he said he could never play the game, it moves to fast.

well i think it is just perfect. the right amount of speed to get there and surprise them and just slow enought to see a person quickly grown on your screen (gets closer).

Good job team :yes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom