Melee good or bad you decide. (Official Melee Post)

Do you like the ESF melee system

• Yes.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No.

• It should be changed.

• Lets talk about something else.

• Total voters
Best answers
You can actually win with the knife though. Melee will beat out beams pretty much every time. As it goes now, Melee > All. And if we are going based on the show..if someone say rushed at goku, and he fired a k-wave at them. They wouldnt still be rushing towards goku and hit him across the island. They would be in the ground taking that beam hit.

Best answers
I like the melee and think its is balanced well.....ive been blown up by beams numerous times swooping into a charging player...very fun;D ;D

Best answers
I would say no to the current melee... Everywhere u go, ppl just whore it and then kill u with the kiblast... thats very frustrating if u're trying to shoot a beam and all... plus its annoying because it gets repetitive... i don't see many beam attacks anymore... no to the current melee system.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
YES YES> me likes. :)

I did melee with a dude yesterday. Was a 2 persons server so it was fun. veggie versus kakarot. :D I was vegeta

Anywayz ya CAN get kills without ever doing melee. I did. Especially if they are looking for a posible clue where you are... I loaded a GG and fired. BANG hehe. A full GG kills now. :yes:

I did this a few times. And when I did melee (TRIED) I got a kame or generic beam on my head each time I got close.

After that came the melee period again but a few min later we were beaming again.

I like it. balanced, fun. And in 1 vs 1 you got no distractions. If admins make the next rule.... 1 vs 1 fights only unless the others pl is 2x yours... then we all have fun of melee and beams.

(btw, also fun to beam a enemy while the 2 are meleeing. :D)

Best answers
Well, I for myself really like the melee but i still use beams because they are still very usefull. When someone swoops at you just teleport and shoot a generic beam in his back. When you want to fire the big beams get a reasonable distance away from the enemy, the maps are large enough. It's somewhat funny to see someone 10 metres away from me, hovering in the air and charging a GG and when i knock him down he starts crying melee abuser. If he had been far away i won't have been able to reach him. Before I shoot a beam i make sure that noone is too is near or behind me and i wait with turning turbo on til the beam is shot so most people don't even notice you before it's too late. As already said by others i too think it simulates the feel of the show. People don't often shoot kamehamehas in melee distance there just because the charging would leave them open. If you want someone able to shoot beams while there are melee fighters nearby take Goku. It's mighty fun to teleport away from their swoops while charging a KHH and blasting it in their back ;)

Best answers
Melee Is Nice And perfect how it is now and all but we need melee power struggles that would be tha best and next release we should have gotenks and another transformation for everyone except krillin.Oh Yeah Ya Know Wat Else Is Kool?? Transforming During a 2 minute PS 20 minutes ago.:]

Best answers
melle is immpossable to use on a 56k, all cablers have a advantage as i get bashed all over the map :p

Best answers
here at esf testers shop we know how 56kers feel. *feels the screams of cuc down his back* We understand this pain and in hopes the melee powerstruggles will help with some of it.

Best answers
i thought melee sucked and you need good ping to do it,
but after watching the mannual again i relizised how to melee
its awesome and its not imposable on 56k
ive got a 56k and its easy i even bash around the cable users

Best answers
i was just playing my bro. hes on 56k and im on 56k and he was serving and i was using the melee pretty well. i dont think he knew what was going on but. Oh and I like the new sv_ melee variables for knock down time!!! had Buu transformed and in turbo mode (about 5 million pl i think) and you can get some whoring speed up at that level. We wanna be able to melee bash someone into next week and fly up as that are hutling away and give them another hit!

i dont think beams are not used either. we sort of went thru phases of gameplay. we would get the ki blasts and have a shoot out session. use this if you were good at using rocket launchers in other games, its just like it (allow for the targets movement and shoot ahead of them).

We had some beam struggling too it was all yep! My only question is how to win in a PS? Does it just go on who has more ki in the end? Cos I was in turbo with Buu and we got into a PS and we just bash the mouse button anyway (instinctive i guess) and i jut watched as my Ki drained then i started losing the PS LOL

Overall, I think the fighting is well balanced. We would just like to see more in-depth melee. Like when you are face to face with someone you can have a melee struggle or duel and bash the crahp out of eachother on the spot. That would be erite! (Imagine big flashes coming from it and the models moving so fast you can hardly see them! (Like the cartoon))

Best answers
First time on the forums but been around for a while ( think first alpha with the verry sprite looking beams and stuff )

anyhow

I thinkt his melee system is great :)) But what if both players are charging towards eachother , how does the game calculate wich one gets to kick who ?
Maybe get that to go into a power test , but where they punch /block kick realy fast ? As in dbz you see that quite allot

Anyhow reaaaaaly great melee system i just love it :)

Best answers
I'm new to the forums, but I've been following ESF for quite a while. And I have the answer to why some people like the melee system and some hate it.

It is perfectly balanced.....for 1 vs 1.

I mean, how often do you see more than 1 vs 1 in the series/movies/etc? Hardly ever. When you add REAL people, they do tend to BLOW up the bad guy (especially when FF is off, that's just stupid) when they are in the middle of melee, or ACTUALLY gang up on the enemy.

I was meleeing my bro on our LAN the other day, and after a while he was learning to dodge my attacks, and I was dodging his. That part is just practise. I don't know if you can have a decent DBZ game that ISN'T designed and balanced for 1 vs 1.

Naz

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Melee is great, the way it is.

I think its the perfect balance now, in the beginning it's small ki blasts with melee, later in the game with a nice powerlevel u can blast ur way trough it with mouth blast k-wave ff etc.

it's like the series really, in the series it's mostly melee and small ki blasts too, and also, trying to find a chance to pull off a big kim blast like kwave ff etc, so like I said, I like melee the way it is, I wouldn't change anything about it really

grtz Naz

Best answers
I think the melee in ESF is really great, it gives the right feel of having super strenght ;) , but it is very anoying that when u shoot someone with a beam while they are swooping in on u, the beam explodes very close, and u take damage plus additional damage for the melee attack. I think this could be solved by adding an xtra type of beam that does not explode on impact, but when it hits another player, then the player should be pushed back by the beam and into the wall where the beam then would explode.

Best answers
<font color="gold">I voted for "It should be changed". I'm not much of a fan of DBZ, in fact, I dislike it, but I enjoy this mod.

I also think that melee should be included. However I think it needs to be balanced. Currently melee is overly effective (note that I did not say overpowered, because if I did, surely someone would say "but it only does x amount of damage". Sure, it does take skill, but just because something takes skill, does not automatically mean it's balanced (Take CS's AWP for instance).

The swoop, is the fastest means of movement in the game. So evading it with anything but the swoop is unlikely. Which is probably where all the complaints about melee lie, it's just too hard to evade it with anything but the swoop. Flying and turbo are significantly slower than it. And of course most techniques require you to slow down and charge it for a few seconds. Some even require you to be still. The effect of melee (being thrown off and propelled far into the air), should probably remain. I propose that the speed of the swoop be decreased.

The truth is, many servers turn into meleefests.

Best answers
woohoo melee is winning *does the melee winning dance in votes* at least there is some people who agree with me :)

Best answers
um... i think hitting teleport once or twice is much faster than a swoop. especially if you got your turbo on.

i can't see a problem with melee how it is atm. but then again i haven't played in a free for all with many players yet. i think the melee knockout time should be very low if it isn't by default so you are recovering from hits as fast as possible.

i can't see how people can say that you can't do anything but use melee when everyone else does. switch to ki balls and start using your old "gun aiming" skills and pick people off with those. eventually players will start using ki balls cos you start to ()wn them. then you can knock out some bigger beams when the pace "slows down" a bit.

Best answers
If some of you people really have to shoot a beam every minute or so, just to stay happy, then take Goku. He can teleport while charging his beams and i used this fact numerous times to let someone swoop by and then blast him to bits :p

Melee is perfect as it is in my opinion.

Naz

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
if someones meleeing u all the time, the what about just block them and melee them away followed by a good abount of ki blasts or beams, it's effective yes.. but I don't think it makes the game unbalanced

Old School
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If you are complaining about melee, then you have no skill at all.

I played as Gohon, and took on 3 buu's at the beginning of a teamplay match. the 3 of them were melee so I had no choice but to melee. I took out all 3 of them.... Sure they hurt me badly a few times, but their powerlevel is 3 times mine A PICE. Trust me... it is easy enough on 2 vs 1.. You just have to switch targets fast enough.. YOu don't even have to switch targets, just swoop in and hit 'em.

I went on another server as gohon again.. This time there was a buu tha had a PL of 32 mill..

He would kill me with the weakest mouthblast, and the charging time is rather fast compared to mesenko. (not enought KI for energy shield)

THe only way I would be able to beat him would be to hope he doesn't know how to melee.. Sure enough he didn't.. I bashed him against the wall, bashed against the ground and pummled him with KI balls.. he died.

Then a goku nailed me with a kame.. I respawned and went SSJ.
THe server went down after that.

The point being is that it is balanced if you know how to use it.. Teleport more often, it doesn't take as long to refill KI anymore.

*tosses in a couple pennys*

I vote it stays.

[EDIT]

The only thing that should be added would be struggles. It isn't that fair when 2 people swoop in on eachother and noone knows what determines who gets hit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom