Melee good or bad you decide. (Official Melee Post)

Do you like the ESF melee system

• Yes.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No.

• It should be changed.

• Lets talk about something else.

• Total voters
Best answers
i personally think that when you fly at them, you start going punch for punch, not knock them back, like they do in dbz. and the winner knocks the other one back

Best answers
Yeah, esf team, I really enjoyed this game.. the first night, well I think you guys should make the hand to hand MORE complicated, or put in a 1 on 1 duel kinda thing like in jk2, because I got COMPLETELY sick of this game while trying to play ffa.

*go to attack guy... hit guy, guy goes flying...charge kamehame attack*
*get hit in back by some unknown guy, unknown guy gets hit in the back, the guy that hit the unknown guy gets hit in the back*

I dunno what people who actually ENJOY this kind of combat are like... either they have T1 lines or something, or they were just some "lucky" ones and picked it up fairly quick, I just think that since Im hearing "ohh well melee is the deciding factor in this game" make melee more complicated! Ive stopped playing this game, (2 days) and I dont intend to play it again till someone fixes that terrible hand to hand problem, there is NOTHING more frustrating, then being in a power struggle, or fighting someone else, and getting hit by krillian :S
anyways, I liked the transformations, I actually found A good server, but lost it.

Also ONE OTHER PROBLEM
this game JUST came out, why the **** are people putting PASSWORDS on their servers, I could understand like 5-10 but about half-3 quarters of the good servers (6+green bars) are locked, this is pissing me off, there are almost no servers for us.

Anyways later - I will await the flaming Ill get from people *sighs and shakes head* for shame on people... yeah.. I wonder what forum life would be like to express your opinion without getting flamed... (happy happy joy joy) ah not gonna happen

Nice transformations and beams tho :D couldnt find any sensu beans :(

Best answers
the new melee system is the best idea i have ever seen! and any one who wants to change it should be shot.
although i would like to see the addition of basic kicks and punches like in alpha2 as well as the new swoop melee because it simple kicks a$$.

Best answers
Originally posted by OuTbRe@k

*go to attack guy... hit guy, guy goes flying...charge kamehame attack*
*get hit in back by some unknown guy, unknown guy gets hit in the back, the guy that hit the unknown guy gets hit in the back*
i guess you like more games where you can relax like mohaa kinda sneaky

example: you hit a guy that guy is flying away then you can teleport to the right 2 times and melee that guy again and then teleport to the right or left so no one else can hit you, that's dbz dude be fast be smart :)

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Practice . . . that's all it takes. Stop whining, keep playing.

The key to the new melee system is blocking and constant vigilance, the swoop can nail you from a quite a bit out, and you can cancel out of charging a beam by hitting block.

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, almost every server I've been to has a balance of melee and beams. I don't think that there is a lack of beam usage at all. I usually get my PL up so I can really send 'em for a flight, and it gives me more than enough time to charge up an SBC, GG, or Kame. I find I like this melee system a lot, especially when u get into long block-punch exchanges, like me and Spit were doing today :)

Best answers
this s**ks i just played beta 1 and it s*c*s man i say no melee they don't care *melee melee* i think it s**ks it has to be removed this is a game with only melee and thats no fun!!!! i even tried to resist and a normal atack against melee doesn't stand a change it just s**ks!!

Best answers
sorry, I voted no.

I miss the pure beam fights. Now whenever I enter a server I get my ass whooped by melee(I saw 5 beam attacks today !!). (I used to own in esf, but now I'm a freaking noob !!!)

If there are sum peeps who want to teach me how to melee, plz PM me !!

Best answers
For the love of god stop whinning you cry babys, melee is the best thing that they have in this game it only takes practice. my gosh if melee gets deleted i will never play this game again untill they put melee back in, besides i think it took them a very long time to make melee fighting in the game, so all that very hard work will just be deleted...man i would love to see you guys do the work that they did to put melee in the game. so stop your whinning and practice.

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by \/éGèT@
this ****s i just played beta 1 and it ****s man i say no melee they don't care *melee melee* i think it ****s it has to be removed this is a game with only melee and thats no fun!!!! i even tried to resist and a normal atack against melee doesn't stand a change it just ****s!!

;(

1) Don't sensor your own words unless you bleep out the whole thing for starters. You get a :warning: warning :warning: for that.

2) You get a :warning: warning :warning: for your sigs. It's like highlander, there can only be one. Change it in 24 hours or I do.

3) Learn to block instead of crying about the game sucking, because it doesn't.

Best answers
cucumba u wanna just close all these threads complaining bout how melee is so *** and cheap

its just retards whining b/c they miss being vegeta and using BB the whole time and cuz they can't use melee....

Mr. Preacher
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This is what this thread is for. I was sick of seeing 100 posts of melee everytime I enter these forums so I made this thread. So it won't be closed no matter what and please don't say what threads need closing because thats the mod/admins job to decide.

Best answers
alright, heres my newest sugestions for revision.

Make melee that sends you flying require a charge.

You cant move any faster than you normaly could.

Remove lock on or give it to beams too.

If someone blocks your attack you get flung. because right now, yeah i use block so instead they sit there and whale on me, and if i turn block off i get flicked.

there. what do you all think of that?

and thank you for making this thread, there were too many sperite melee threads

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hmmmmm, ok, I've been around the forums for a while (don't spam so I have a lower post count, but frankly I don't care about that). Here's my run down of the melee system.

I can't vouch for its accuracy to the show, I don't like DBZ as a show. However, on the whole, it's very good. Now I'm no sychophant, I'm not sucking up to the team. So here's the best review I can give.

On the whole, very good. The lockon is nice (hell, without it, it'd be damn near impossible to hit). The speed and distance travelled is fair. While I'd like it to a tiny bit more damage, it' still good (IE I was kicking some fat buu around, though he was prolly regenerating, 'course that left him wide open).

As for defense options, the block is nice though I think it might be too good. I get blocked by ppl who's pl is quite a lot lower than mine (was getting blocked as powered up picolo by cell stage 1 and his PL wasn't great.). The attack is relatively easy to dodge, though it' sucks if ya don't see it coming ;) But that evens out when ya nail the crap outta other people.

As for attack balance, just got out of a game where there was so many melee attacks and beams going around that you couldn't keep it straight. There was always something flying about. I really think melee is about 50/50 (That's about how I play it anyhow, I'm yet to have a bad ratio), though some ppl will over use it. However, doing so is bound to keep you from achieving a high score.

Regarding maps, some maps like City seem more condusive to melee only figghts because it's really easy to duck around the corner. Beyond that, I LOVE how you end up all over the map.

So, all in all, very good work.

-Karrde-

Best answers
I voted it should be changed. Remeber in the Alpha? All of those people spaming BBA? Well, now they tosted out the BBA and threw in a melee. People don't understand how ****ing *** it is when a person uses the same move over and over again. SOmething needs to be done to stop these whores.

Best answers
Stop complaining people, its been two days after the release and ur complaining about melee. Well, people u have to master the controls to overcome the melee. Thats wut i do, i find stratagies and smart thing when in these situation. i say yes.:yes: :p

Best answers
I dont know what server you uys are playing on but in every server i play on its a combo of beam and mellee

and if everyone is using meelee i sit back and blast them to death till they realize whats goin on

if you knw waht u r doing the melee and beams are perfectly balanced.

and someone said before that its set up your either taking the beating or giveing the beating in response to that its not true

i have been in amny situations now where somone is melleing me to near death i have mabey 1 or 2 hp left i teleort above them and kame them to death everytime. its never a one sided fight

there is always something you can do.

Best answers
<font color="gold">Well, I've been fooling around with teleport, which has indeed been helping me against meleers. However I'm still meat for them once I run out of power. Guess I'll practice some blocking now. But I can still confidentily say that melee is easier than using beams.

Best answers
Melee is good right now. The problem is that too many people are used to the excessive beam spam of the alpha and still try to play that way. Actually, I played way back in Alpha 1 and I admit I was part of the Frieza disc-spamming at that point... But i'm glad that ESF has improved a lot since then.

It's really annoying when n00bs who refuse to adapt start complaining about the excessive meleeing when all they're doing is just charging up attacks in the middle of the map...

Well, at least when I get a high power level by killing them 70 or so times, I can just swat full power BBA away.. wahahaha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom