Melee Cvar question (and a quick cvar request)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I have a question. Does anyone run a dedicated server with the advanced melee turned off? I like advanced melee but would like to someday try what the game is like without it.

The only other thing I wanted to add is that I think a "no flying" cvar would be really cool in this game; I was wondering if perhaps there was already some type of cvar in this vein already in the game somewhere.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
A no flying cvar.... not to my knowledge.
A no advanced melee cvar, yes. sv_simplemelee 1
Allthough this is not what the game was like in 1.X. For example, you could only go forwards, and you must lock target first. So this is nothing like it was way back when.... not to even mention Alpha's melee.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
To my knowledge, there are no dedicated servers up with that cvar on. Harsens used to run a server with it occasionally on I believe, but it isn't up anymore. Also, that cvar doesn't just turn adv. melee off, it also speeds back the knock back distance to what they were in 1.1. I gotta say, the speed of 1.2's swoop with 1.1's knock back distance don't work well together :p

As for the no flying cvar, that would be a pretty cool thing to mess around with. Trying to have fights with no flying and all that, I imagine it'd be fun for a little while.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
HarSens' server didn't have melee. (occasionally)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom