Melee concept (please vote)

Best answers
Sorry for those who allready read my idea, since its already posted in the official melee thread. Wanted to get a poll on it see what you think.
When in melee range of your opponent, pressing the primary mouse button will result in a quick flurry of punches or kicks (this is random) that will do 10 dmg to an undefended opponent of a similar pl. There is room for 2 maybe 3 of these attacks in one second, but while doing them one is open to counterattack. This attack would not send the opponent back flying, like the secondary slam does. When defended it will do 1 maybe 2 dmg again to an opponent of similar pl.
This will give more variety to the melee system as well as the opportunity to get some extra dmg in before sending your foe away with a strong attack. (secondary click)
Also Id like the introduction of a melee struggle when two opponents swoop on each other holding the melee button, resulting in a pump bar style struggle like any other, where both players wrestle with their hands, and the winner will give the loser a strong kick or punch of more dmg than a normal melee attack.
This is about it, so if youd like to see anything like this or maybed like to change or add something, please let me know, and also please vote.

Best answers
Hrmmm, I like both but I'm not to keen on the slam thingy.. I like the rapid punch idea and think it'd be cool... The melee system isn't bad, I don't really think it could be improved all that much.

Best answers
the slam is the secondary button (normal melee), if i explained myself badly.

Best answers
i suggested this awhile ago and the melee struggle i think will be when 2 people swoop at eachother they go into a struggle the one who wins knocks em away

Best answers
lets some it up for everyone

1) left click is still swoop and right click is still slam untill....

2) when you are within contact range the left click becomes combat button, it will do random flurry punches or kicks, right click is still slam, you could get 3-5 flurrys attacks in about a second doing between 5-10 damage to an unguarded player

3) taking to many unguarded hits can stunn you this is when you can be slammed the easiest (maybe you could only be slamed while stunned, opitional)

3) when you lock on you will be like a homming missle and you will track them, you wont auto swoop you do it yourself
(this could be an optional idea, the orginal works good to)

4) if 2 slam hit connect at exactly the same time you can enter a PS where you grab hands and push against each other, whoever wins will throw/kick/slam them aways for more damage that a normal slam hit

there are more small details but this is the jist of it, agreed alejandroc

TeZ

Best answers
i love this idea. seeing as most of the DBZ series is hand-to-hand combat this would be a relatively easy way to implement it without making low-ping users godlike. the struggle idea is a little shady i think.

my suggestion is: when in melee range of opponent primary fire becomes punch-flurry. Instead of being a 3-5 hit random combo i think the combo should last as long as you're holding primary fire, this would drain Ki really fast, so u could only do about a 10 or 15 hit combo before running out of Ki.

to break the combo, the defender only has to press block, this'd either puch the attacker back or just make the attacks not do any damage, you guys decide.

also, maybe the defender's weapon selection automatically changes to melee when he's cought in a combo, so he can counterattack.

Best answers
you need a ps in there somewhere to give variation, but holding down for continious hit that wouldnt be that good, the idea that of a combo is just to do well a series of hits, plus you dont want to run outta of ki to fast in hand to hand, and with the dased idea it wouldnt want to be pummled so fast

Best answers
But you still need the primary fire while swooping. Sometimes it's neccesary to drop out of swoop.

Best answers
I like the melee as it is, all it needs is melee struggles for those annoying head on vs head on situations where the lower ping wins. And besides, this is already being implemented if not in 1.1 than 2.0, so that isnt an original idea.

Best answers
well i havent seen an idea like this on all the mele forums? and if this is going to be implimented then i think all should cya what this mele system is about, and being the system they are going to use (like you said) now they can, well i guess great minds think alike

Best answers
yeah well mystic i didnt say so in the thread but the primary mouse button becomes the fast attack when you are in melee range, so you can drop out before that happens.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
id rather wait to add more melee moves till i see what advanced melee is like

no point in refining a system thats gonna get revamped into something way better anyway

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by Hibiki
id rather wait to add more melee moves till i see what advanced melee is like

no point in refining a system thats gonna get revamped into something way better anyway
the way you talk wants me to play beta 2 and whoop some ass in meele

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
but thats the whole point why make ideas for a system that isnt gonna be the final system

it would of been just like posting ideas for the old crapy melee system

Best answers
OMG i cant belive you said that, the point is that we are just saying an idea what we think would be good, just like the thousands of other ideas, im pretty sure most of esf will be improved in some way, what is now wont be the final system and will become and old crappy system/thing in the future, so being what you said we shouldnt post our ideas or try to suggest improvements on anything, ok all stop posting we are just trying to improve stuff thats going to be changed anyway........bah

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
thats my whole point

ideas that are stuff like add a multi punch/kick combo and other suggestions like that are pointless cause u know the team wants to put stuff like that in eventualy no point reminding them cause they know just as much about dbz as the rest of u and they know what they want in and what should be in to make the best game they can make at the time

Best answers
but thats the whole point why make ideas for a system that isnt gonna be the final system
what you are saying right here is that there is no point in suggesting ideas for something thats going to be changed, and becos everything will be changed eventually we should even bother posting anything...............hmmm strange

ideas that are stuff like add a multi punch/kick combo and other suggestions like that are pointless cause u know the team wants to put stuff like that in eventualy no point reminding them cause they know just as much about dbz as the rest of u and they know what they want in and what should be in to make the best game they can make at the time
umm no we dont know exactly what they want to put in, if we did we wouldnt POST our ideas and if they know what they want to put in and what SHOULD be put in what is the point in a forum for suggestions if they know what the want already an funny how there is an OFFICAL MELE SUGGESTION POST im getting the idea that they want suggestions .....??

Best answers
isnt the esf team going to tweak the melee system to include counters etc anyway?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom