Melee Combat Guide (Video)

Some guy from 2010
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐ŸŽˆ Advanced
Best answers
You Sly Dogs!

1:35 on the melee trailer. I bet you didn't expect anyone to notice Vegeta running on the side of the wall! You guys are so clever.

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
The DBZ feel of melee is completely in. I applaud the team for that. However, the sense of destruction is still too weak. Are you guys still planning something for that? While I understand destructible terrain may not be possible, how about bump mapped craters? FEAR used a similar system for bullet holes, and while it didn't look perfect at an angle, it certainly added a better sense of destruction. It would add so much to the joy of throwing someone in the ground.

Or have these just not been coded in the game yet? If that is the case, never mind what I said. :p

Freelance Mappzor
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
1:35 on the melee trailer. I bet you didn't expect anyone to notice Vegeta running on the side of the wall! You guys are so clever.
Didnt we have a POTW of that once. Or was that a force pit pic?

Freelance Mappzor
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
The DBZ feel of melee is completely in. I applaud the team for that. However, the sense of destruction is still too weak. Are you guys still planning something for that? While I understand destructible terrain may not be possible, how about bump mapped craters? FEAR used a similar system for bullet holes, and while it didn't look perfect at an angle, it certainly added a better sense of destruction. It would add so much to the joy of throwing someone in the ground.

Or have these just not been coded in the game yet? If that is the case, never mind what I said. :p
What you want can be put in any time dalte gets to it TBH. We had a basic system for it in the past, but the stuff used was to low quality, so ATM its kinda a wait for better resources to use.

Judge. Jury. Executioner
๐Ÿ‘ฎ Moderator
โ˜… Black Lounger โ˜…
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
I actually didn't want to post, since i was rendered seriously speechless, but then i remembered this is typing.

Soooo... Yeah.

O_O

Best answers
I have a question.
Every character can smash someone's head in the ground or this is only for Vegeta?

ESF Old Timer
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐ŸŒŸ Senior Member
Best answers
Ha many people are amazed of how it looks like and its true it looks amazing.
But I would like to know how much time did it take to code all this. If possible in hours....
Who can tell?

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
I still think thats my favorite animation.

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Cool!!!!
I love it!
Btw those camera changing moments and the head dragging move are awesome!!!
But were are those really fast moves...you know... when you showed us with SSJ3 Goku there was super awesome fast moves.....with transporting around and stuff.... Are they just for SSJ3 Goku?

edt: which one is the "Broly Smash" btw?
If Mkilbride means the head dragging... it's not broly smash... it is from DBGT.....
Broly came before DBGT, and DBGT isn't even cannon.(Broly isn't either, but I like him.), but it was Def a Broly smash first.

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
Best answers
Thats it? Meh....

OK. IT'S AWSOME. :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes:

Best answers
Broly never did this......
But Baby Gohan did it to Vegeta in DBGT!
You better believe it cuz here is the truth!
[video=youtube;ad7vzc2Xeog]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ad7vzc2Xeog[/video]

Last edited:
Best answers
whats up with the destruction ?? there should be craters and massive terrain damage and without this, the feeling of dbz is garbage. What the heck are those rocks flying up in the air?? the ground should look like its destroyed and cracked or at least something appealing when you do something like a kamehameha full blast.

Judge. Jury. Executioner
๐Ÿ‘ฎ Moderator
โ˜… Black Lounger โ˜…
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Am pretty sure terrain damage hasn't been incorporated yet. Its on the devs mind and will probably will show up in future posts.

Note that i don't mean complete terrain deformation or the like. Craters and such will be formed but they will act like decals.

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Since this is hardly the finished product, I'm sure they've thought of that Natino.

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Broly never did this......
But Baby Gohan did it to Vegeta in DBGT!
You better believe it cuz here is the truth!
[video=youtube;ad7vzc2Xeog]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ad7vzc2Xeog[/video]
Broly did it in both of his movies man...dunno what you're talking about, and it's his signature move in all the DBZ PlayStation games.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom