Mega Man Legends 3.... Another Mega Man bites the dust.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
As of now, another Mega Man game has been canceled this year. First it was Mega Man Universe, now Mega Man Legends 3.

Capcom said:
We'd like to thank you for your ongoing loyal support of Mega Man Legends 3. Today, however, we must regrettably announce the discontinuation of this project.

From the outset the MML3 Project was intended to give gamers across the world insight and input into the development process. Part of this process includes an assessment of whether the title will go into full production, and is based on a number of criteria with input from different sectors of the company.

Unfortunately it was not felt that the Mega Man Legends 3 Project met the required criteria, and it is with regret that we must announce that the Mega Man Legends 3 Project has been cancelled, meaning that Capcom will not be releasing the Prototype or the full game. Additionally, updates of the Mega Man Legends Developer Room will cease as of today, though the North American Developer Room and its forums will remain open indefinitely.

Read more here: http://kotaku.com/5822462/mega-mans-3ds-game-bites-the-dust

Validated Steam Engine
🌈 Beta Tester
✔️ HL Verified
🌹 Regular Rosé
Best answers
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The only companies I have left to believe in are Rockstar, Valve, and Nintendo. The only ones who haven't broken my trust.

They also decided not to make DLC for Marvel vs Capcom 3... They are Re-Releasing the game as ULTIMATE MARVEL vs CAPCOM 3.

JTM

Formerly Fatality
Best answers
The only companies I have left to believe in are Rockstar, Valve, and Nintendo. The only ones who haven't broken my trust.

They also decided not to make DLC for Marvel vs Capcom 3... They are Re-Releasing the game as ULTIMATE MARVEL vs CAPCOM 3.
Again,

Go to Hell, Capcom.
EDIT: Here's a gameplay video for those interested. This game looks cumtastic, man. Capcom, stop trolling.

Last edited:
Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
lol, faith in Nintendo? Who won't localize several games that there's already a ton of ppl clamoring for. So many companies are just not trying anymore. Yes it's the CoDing of gaming again. The problem is that one bad game can ruin a studio. Therefore they never do anything they're not 100% sure will sell. Hence there's no in innovation. I can't remember who it is, but some company has a small sub-studio whose whole purpose is to innovate regardless of what sells.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What Karrde said. Nintendo is flat out refusing to localize games that are absolutely sure to sell. This man will tell you about it in a very, very sexy voice:

[video=youtube;c-_yZvmzLOQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-_yZvmzLOQ[/video]

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Pretty much... Legends 3 was kinda like Project Tien here.... It was a hands on thing with a bunch of people in the community and they got to see how the player models looked and equipment and said if it looked great and all. Apparently the absence of the Creator of Mega Man is the reason behind its failure.

Best answers
^^^^^^was that really their response..........that sucks megaman legends was my favorite megaman game!!!!!!

L

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
CAPCOM said:
Give us your complete support, attention, input, feedback and direction or we will not complete this project.
That's pretty lame, to demand direction and interaction with their developers corner and then when it's not 'popular' enough they decide to can the whole thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom