MechWarrior Game Announced + Trailer

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
As was teased earlier in the week, a new MechWarrior game has been confirmed by co-creator Jordan Weisman in an interview with IGN, and a concept trailer released.

The PC and Xbox 360 game titled simply 'MechWarrior' is being developed by Piranha Games in Unreal Engine 3, in collaboration with Weisman's company Smith & Tinker.

Development began in October so many fine details have yet to be finalised, but it is confirmed to be in the "action sim" style of the previous games. Information warfare will become an important element, including launching drones to survey the battlefield.

Co-op with 1-4 players is planned, along with multiplayer modes containing elements of persistence and Call of Duty-style progression. Cross-platform play for all modes is "a large goal of ours," according to Piranha president Russ Bullock.

MechWarrior is intended to provide a reboot for the mech combat simulator series, and is focused on a family serving House Davion at the end of the Third Succession War.

A publisher is still being sought for MechWarrior, and no release date is known. Click on through to see the full proof of concept trailer.

<embed src='http://videomedia.ign.com/ev/ev.swf' flashvars='object_ID=18954&downloadURL=http://pcmovies.ign.com/pc/video/article/100/1002109/mechwarrior_trl_phoenix_70709_flvlowwide.flv&allownetworking="all"' type='application/x-shockwave-flash' width='433' height='360' ></embed>
Source: http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/59467

Dudemeister
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
"MY GOD!!!..... I NEED FIRE SUPPORT!!!"

Back from the shadows
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Oh my.. there IS a God...

By "action sim" they are referring to the mw2-4 games I suppose. Cause if this is a MechAssault version, then there is NO God.

Trailer looks hot, I creamed my pants.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Oh my.. there IS a God...

By "action sim" they are referring to the mw2-4 games I suppose. Cause if this is a MechAssault version, then there is NO God.

Trailer looks hot, I creamed my pants.
We shall see how real god is.

Back from the shadows
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Confirmed, "Smith and Tinker co-founder Jordan Weisman and Piranha Games president Russ Bullock chat at lenght about their plans for the new game which will be firmly in the sim-style of title that the previous PC MechWarrior games were like (no arcade style action here). For your purists our there the game is set around the beginning of the Fourth Succession War in the MechWarrior universe. Features like four-player co-op, possible cross-platform multiplayer between the PC and Xbox 360 versions of the game and more are mentioned. The game is also the latest title announced that will be based on Epic's Unreal Engine 3.

All in all it sound like this new MechWarrior will be much like fans of the previous games in the series have enjoyed; a hardcore sim-style experience (gotta keep those heat sinks straight) but with some new features as well."

Waiting so long for a new mechwarrior game, this is a dream come true.
I've never been so euphoric over a video game, God I'm such a nerd.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
****ing win!
I loved those old mech games.

The PC lacks good mech games to begin with.
My hopes are high

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
A real MechWarrior game (not this watered down "Mech Assault" business) has been sorely needed for some time. MW4 is very dated, and I never really enjoyed it as much as MW2: Mercenaries, or even MW3.

I can't wait to see what this next installment boasts.

Back from the shadows
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
MW3 was superior to MW4 in every aspect. Better ****pits, a more intriguing storyline, overall a much more darker MW feel. Just like MW2 excelled with their excellent soundtrack, MW3 had a slight decrease in quality and MW4 ended up killing it.

I hoped for a clan war instead, I'm not really into the Inner Sphere storyline.

Edit: LMAO at censorship.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom