Mechmod.... why!!!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sucks, but doesn't surprise me to be honest. Most of the mod team did consist of people from the esf dev team, and two mods at once isn't easy, toss school in there and you have a problem. Blehhh, rest in peace MechMod.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Moved to Video Gaming.

And no, ESF is not going to shut down.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
:( fact is it was hard for everyone on the team to contribute when their real lives and other projects got in the way.. its quite a common story among the mod scene, its just a shame it happened to MM =[

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I never got the chance to play mechmod :(. What was it like? & are servers still run for mechmod?.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Servers would still be up, but youd need to find a download link.

I think the version that was released was much different than what they were planning on doing though.

Edit: were there any non-official servers? I cant remember now...

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
frsrblch said:
Servers would still be up, but youd need to find a download link.

I think the version that was released was much different than what they were planning on doing though.
There weren't any servers up a week after it came out, why would there be any up now? o_O

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I downloaded the game, while ingenuitive in design, you could see the lack of time put into it.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was resurrected later on, but there's still a certain amount of disappointment.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
.... mechmod was about trying to make a mod on the source engine, the team decided to work on a half life version because of the long wait for hl2 and for practice, the game concept was totally different for the source version.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Davidskiwan said:
.... mechmod was about trying to make a mod on the source engine, the team decided to work on a half life version because of the long wait for hl2 and for practice, the game concept was totally different for the source version.
I saw a lot of promise in mechmod. I really did. It was one of the few mods i was waiting for to come out. And then this happened. Oh well. I still have mechmod for the HL1 on my computer. No one plays it though :(

Mechmod could have been a great mod.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
indeed, its a shame to see all our work go down the pan, but alas, there wasnt much we could of done.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Personally, the only interest I ever had in mechmod was to see what the pieces of the ESF team could manage on the Source engine. Guess I won't be seeing that now. :0\

I never played it. What do you mean by ingenuitive design? Was there something special about it? (Besides those missile trails that they would never ever get to work in ESF, ever)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
SaiyanPrideXIX said:
Personally, the only interest I ever had in mechmod was to see what the pieces of the ESF team could manage on the Source engine. Guess I won't be seeing that now. :0\

I never played it. What do you mean by ingenuitive design? Was there something special about it? (Besides those missile trails that they would never ever get to work in ESF, ever)
They used bloom and pixel shading for the water. That's what's so ingenuitive about it.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Would be great to see some of those models released... Would make some really cool SDK's. Or maybe some other stuff released. Would be great.

Shame though..

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i guess i could finish up the animations i was doing and release one of the models for hl2dm or something, as long as i get groovy, muff, and smo's permissions.

Best answers
That game was poorly done.

Taking the aspects of ESF, but with no skill needed to win.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom