Mechmod.... why!!!

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Wesley Gibson said:
That game was poorly done.

Taking the aspects of ESF, but with no skill needed to win.
I gotta ask... do you just come here to insult any and everything that relates to this community?

Granted, Mechmod was very incomplete, but the lack of this "skill" was obviously the lack of time spent on it.

Best answers
Synth said:
I gotta ask... do you just come here to insult any and everything that relates to this community?

Granted, Mechmod was very incomplete, but the lack of this "skill" was obviously the lack of time spent on it.
Lack of time spent on it...like the lack of time you spent understanding what I said.

I said skill, as in playing the game.

Not making it.

Good job.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i wish people would stop bashing somthing we did in our spare time waiting for the source engine to be released. if we had actually set our sights on using the hl1 engine from the start, the turnout would of been vastly different. the second the mod was designed it was for the hl2 engine, after a zillion delays we felt like farting about on the hl1 engine to keep our intrest. then hl2 goes gold and we throw out the old so we can get started on the new, hence you got a mod roughly 40% complete released.

hl2 proved to best most of us, months and months of errors and problems sprouting up.

And WoW

Curse you blizzard!

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Wesley Gibson said:
Lack of time spent on it...like the lack of time you spent understanding what I said.

I said skill, as in playing the game.

Not making it.

Good job.
You seem to lack reading comprehension skills altogether.

I meant the reason it lacked a skill to compete, is because there was never an attempt to impliment a skill factor in the game.

Best answers
"oh my god he said somthing bad about the game"

Im not bashing it, its true and everyone knows it.

If somone makes a movie, its going to get bad reviews.

Same goes with games.

Dont be butthurt, just fix the problems next time.

Why dont you kids understand that?

Synth said:
You seem to lack reading comprehensions skills altogether.

I meant the reason it lacked a skill to compete, is because there was never an attempt to impliment a skill factor in the game.
Then its simply a bad game if it takes no skill to be good at it.

Theres my point.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Wesley. I'm going to pre-emptively :warning: warn :warning: you for intent to spark a flame. You ought to know better.

Here in the VG section on my watch you either play nice or get the hell out of the sandbox.

Best answers
You can always try out the other mech mod!! for Half Life 2 It's "~Name Removed~" It is based on the gundam seed/Destiny series. looks very good. here is the link.----->>> ~URL Removed~ Try it out it will be released soon.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
"Bad game" comes from it being all graphics and no gameplay - but it was intended for the Source engine anyway, so that's a prerequisite...

I'm surprised this hadn't been announced earlier in the year (like, around the time WoW got popular >.>)

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
SteelKiller said:
You can always try out the other mech mod!! for Half Life 2 It's "~Name Removed~" It is based on the gundam seed/Destiny series. looks very good. here is the link.----->>> ~URL Removed~ Try it out it will be released soon.
Last time I checked it isn't allowed to advertise other HL-mods, please don't do it again or you might get warned

Prozac

[edit]
AUP said:
Advertising

The only place you are allowed to advertise is in your signature, and you must adhere to the above signature rules. (Signatures and Avatars policy) ESF is paid for by it's creators with no reimbursement, and they quite enjoy making this mod for all of you, it is not fair for you to place a free advertising burden on their bandwidth. The sole exception to this rule is fan sites, you may advertise any ESF related site on this message board. If you lie, and advertise off site to something not ESF, you will be warned. Any violations of this rule will be treated as spam, with no exceptions.
You can find a link to the AUP here

Best answers
Hey i was not trying to advertise. i was trying to give the fans of mech mod something to play. but ic this place is full of knuckleheads also. BTw if you can't give a link about other mods then you should not be able to give a mechmod link. and why did you take out what i said about mech mod??

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
SteelKiller said:
Hey i was not trying to advertise. i was trying to give the fans of mech mod something to play. but ic this place is full of knuckleheads also.
Trying or not, that's exactly what you did. You weren't in any trouble for doing so since you may not have known, and that's fine. We told you, that should've been the end of it. If you have any concerns about this, I have a PM box.

On second thought, wasn't really bad enough to deserve a warning. Who says I don't have a heart? :p

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
SteelKiller said:
BTw if you can't give a link about other mods then you should not be able to give a mechmod link.
Mechmod is by the makers of ESF so it's exempt from that little rule.

Best answers
sorry about that! i did not mean to make anybody upset! but why can't i get an answer to my mm problem. it is a pretty good mod. freedom rocks on it!

Thats pretty cool so the guys making ESF made MechMod?

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
SteelKiller said:
BTw if you can't give a link about other mods then you should not be able to give a mechmod link.
Good point,
The difference between the two mods is that mechmod has died
no one gains anything from advertising that mod

atleast that's my reasoning behind it
Hope that's satisfying if not, you can always pm me

[edit]
I'm slow, anyway enough pulling stuff offtopic :O

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I've got another reason why there shouldn't be any problems advertising mechmod, Mechmod is (or rather...was) an Affiliate Mod of ESF (just check the main site), so there shouldn't be any problems for advertising Mechmod and HL Rally.

But it is sad to see another game with a good team die, even though the game they made for HL1 was only an alpha, it was still much fun and it looked beautiful for the HL1 engine. Atleast the team was honest to say that they didn't want to continue working on the game, unlike alot of other mods who just die without saying anything.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Wesley Gibson said:
"oh my god he said somthing bad about the game"

Im not bashing it, its true and everyone knows it.

If somone makes a movie, its going to get bad reviews.

Same goes with games.

Dont be butthurt, just fix the problems next time.

Why dont you kids understand that?

Then its simply a bad game if it takes no skill to be good at it.

Theres my point.
Edited, I don't put out flames for people to throw gasoline on them all over again, so let's just let it go. Sorry DK. --Pride

Gasoline? What Gasoline? I don't see any Gasoline. -sean

Indeed it is sad that Mechmod died. I blame World of Warcraft ;_; They should atleast release the source for the game for people who want to continue ot work on it.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
SP, you fuel flaming wherever there is a nintendo related thread; so like....yeh

MechMod, MechMod, MechMod. It had a nice name i guess.

Best answers
When mechmod was started seemed like a good idea.

But when it was done, or whatever "released".

You got into the game, it was really easy to play, and thats kinda a good thing. It was too easy to play, no skill really needed to play it to beat everyone else. So everyone was killing eachother with these weapons that could kill you from the other side of the map with no need to move and no one could get you.

They say they were making it just to pass time for the HL2 release. But they focused on the HL release more than the HL2, and they shouldve just made it for HL2 not for HL in the first place.

And to my warning...

lol. whatever warn me again.

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ness said:
SP, you fuel flaming wherever there is a nintendo related thread; so like....yeh
That's unimportant to this issue. As touchie as this thread is, we all should know better not to try and bring it even further off. :warning: Warning to Ness.

Wesley Gibson said:
And to my warning...

lol. whatever warn me again.
Whatever happened to respect?

Even if your latests posts were provoked by others, it still would have been in the best interest of everyone to just let it be and let the forum staff handle the issues. Warning :warning: issued, because frankly, you asked for it. This kind of disrespect will only cause problems in the future.

That all being said and done, what an intolerable mess this thread has become. I'm closing it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom