Mechmod.... why!!!

New Member
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Joined
Apr 4, 2005
Messages
1,714
Best answers
0
http://www.mechmod.com/
Mechmod died. Alot of the team from Mechmod were in ESF if I am not mistaken, so does that mean that ESF will close too?
 
Senior Member
💻 Oldtimer
Joined
Oct 21, 2003
Messages
2,703
Best answers
0
Sucks, but doesn't surprise me to be honest. Most of the mod team did consist of people from the esf dev team, and two mods at once isn't easy, toss school in there and you have a problem. Blehhh, rest in peace MechMod.
 
New Member
💻 Oldtimer
Joined
Mar 6, 2003
Messages
3,999
Best answers
0
Moved to Video Gaming.

And no, ESF is not going to shut down.
 
New Member
★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Joined
Apr 15, 2003
Messages
4,628
Best answers
0
:( fact is it was hard for everyone on the team to contribute when their real lives and other projects got in the way.. its quite a common story among the mod scene, its just a shame it happened to MM =[
 
New Member
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Joined
Apr 4, 2005
Messages
1,714
Best answers
0
Yeah it is. I was hoping alot for the new release of Mechmod and for your new models David. I r sad now.
 
Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Joined
Dec 21, 2003
Messages
3,608
Best answers
0
I never got the chance to play mechmod :(. What was it like? & are servers still run for mechmod?.
 
New Member
💻 Oldtimer
Joined
Nov 29, 2004
Messages
1,626
Best answers
0
Servers would still be up, but youd need to find a download link.

I think the version that was released was much different than what they were planning on doing though.

Edit: were there any non-official servers? I cant remember now...
 
Lost in space
Banned
Joined
Oct 21, 2003
Messages
814
Best answers
0
frsrblch said:
Servers would still be up, but youd need to find a download link.

I think the version that was released was much different than what they were planning on doing though.
There weren't any servers up a week after it came out, why would there be any up now? o_O
 
brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Joined
May 29, 2002
Messages
5,179
Best answers
0
I downloaded the game, while ingenuitive in design, you could see the lack of time put into it.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was resurrected later on, but there's still a certain amount of disappointment.
 
New Member
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Joined
Apr 4, 2005
Messages
1,714
Best answers
0
If it was ressurected it would end up going to source.
 
New Member
★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Joined
Apr 15, 2003
Messages
4,628
Best answers
0
.... mechmod was about trying to make a mod on the source engine, the team decided to work on a half life version because of the long wait for hl2 and for practice, the game concept was totally different for the source version.
 
Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Joined
Sep 20, 2003
Messages
3,211
Best answers
0
Davidskiwan said:
.... mechmod was about trying to make a mod on the source engine, the team decided to work on a half life version because of the long wait for hl2 and for practice, the game concept was totally different for the source version.
I saw a lot of promise in mechmod. I really did. It was one of the few mods i was waiting for to come out. And then this happened. Oh well. I still have mechmod for the HL1 on my computer. No one plays it though :(

Mechmod could have been a great mod.
 
New Member
💻 Oldtimer
Joined
Dec 7, 2002
Messages
2,275
Best answers
0
indeed, its a shame to see all our work go down the pan, but alas, there wasnt much we could of done.
 
New Member
💻 Oldtimer
Joined
Dec 3, 2002
Messages
2,490
Best answers
0
Personally, the only interest I ever had in mechmod was to see what the pieces of the ESF team could manage on the Source engine. Guess I won't be seeing that now. :0\

I never played it. What do you mean by ingenuitive design? Was there something special about it? (Besides those missile trails that they would never ever get to work in ESF, ever)
 
New Member
💻 Oldtimer
Joined
May 14, 2003
Messages
1,929
Best answers
0
SaiyanPrideXIX said:
Personally, the only interest I ever had in mechmod was to see what the pieces of the ESF team could manage on the Source engine. Guess I won't be seeing that now. :0\

I never played it. What do you mean by ingenuitive design? Was there something special about it? (Besides those missile trails that they would never ever get to work in ESF, ever)
They used bloom and pixel shading for the water. That's what's so ingenuitive about it.
 
New Member
💻 Oldtimer
Joined
Nov 1, 2002
Messages
1,496
Best answers
0
Would be great to see some of those models released... Would make some really cool SDK's. Or maybe some other stuff released. Would be great.

Shame though..
 
New Member
💻 Oldtimer
Joined
Nov 14, 2003
Messages
1,659
Best answers
0
i guess i could finish up the animations i was doing and release one of the models for hl2dm or something, as long as i get groovy, muff, and smo's permissions.
 
New Member
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Joined
Apr 4, 2005
Messages
1,714
Best answers
0
Smith| said:
They used bloom and pixel shading for the water. That's what's so ingenuitive about it.
So could ESF do that for some of their textures?
 
New Member
Joined
Dec 31, 2002
Messages
937
Best answers
0
That game was poorly done.

Taking the aspects of ESF, but with no skill needed to win.
 

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top