Mech Mod :: Water Quality extremely high?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, even Jason's early work was pretty cool.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You could try to be more wrong, but I don't think you'd succeed.

I don't see the harm in having crazy-looking water as an option, but what would be the point? How many maps do we have with tons of water? Once people get over the initial shock of seeing uber water, it isn't even going to matter. It's just going to be there, killing everyone's fps. Again, I don't have a problem with it being an option, but I don't see the point in using the time, energy and resources it would require to add it.
Personally I've always been of the mind that ESF's true ultimate destiny lies with HL2, it's physics and shader optimizations, etc.

We all know that isn't going to happen but unfortunately I think in a perfect world that would have been best for it to achieve effects like that and still maintain gameplay.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
Sorry to crush your hope and dreams, but not happening :-( In mechmod Jason was our dedicated graphics coder (he of course did many other things, but he mainly did the graphical stuff). It worked out pretty well since I did most of the main server side programming, and he worked out a lot of the client side effects. Unfortunetely, ESF is a bit more complex of a game, and we don't have such a luxury (or a programmer who loves working with shaders).
Anyone got Jason on MSN?
It just looks wikid! >.<
It doesn't even have to use Pixel Shaders 2.0, It could use Shaders 1.0 or even Fixed Function shaders on the Geforce 2/Radeon 7500, Then the poor Geforce FX users shouldnt suffer too much of a loss!

Best answers
Anyone got Jason on MSN?
It just looks wikid! >.<
It doesn't even have to use Pixel Shaders 2.0, It could use Shaders 1.0 or even Fixed Function shaders on the Geforce 2/Radeon 7500, Then the poor Geforce FX users shouldnt suffer too much of a loss!
No!
Sub said:
Needless to say, he's not on the ESF team.
No!
Skyrider said:
Anyway for this to be implemented in ESF?
No!
Pcjoe said:
Sorry to crush your hope and dreams, but not happening :-(
No! Wait, Yea!

Pcjoe said:
Unfortunetely, ESF is a bit more complex of a game, and we don't have such a luxury (or a programmer who loves working with shaders).
And with these final words, the thread lived no more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom