Mech Mod :: Water Quality extremely high?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That water system and their edvanced glows are teh cause that most people couldnt play it in open GL. Allthough yes the water reflections and glows just rock XD

Best answers
Please dont implement this in ESF.
Sure its good. But itll jack up the requirements. A lot of peopl still play in software mode, you know.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That would completely ruin ESF. I get 23 FPS in Mechmod, in ESF I get 200+. Long story short, gameplay > eyecandy

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It was a testbed type thing. As a former Beta-Tester of MM back in the day, I knew it was pushing the engine to the limit. I forget exactly WHY they did it...

I forget alot of things.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It always bugged me that it seemed like it came out so much better.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Probably. It's been a long time. Man I miss that mod.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Can't the ESF team implant that and set the high quality water as an option? With "Low Quality" as default? Sorry, but I just love this water.. My FPS was quite normal when I played on that map with that high quality water.

Discord Member
Best answers
Listen if my ancient god forbidden card would run it normal.........(geforce 4 MX)
Then i see no problem in implementing it in ESF as an option XP

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
I have also expressed interest in this water also awhile ago, And agree there should be an option to enable it.
And there should also be a bloom effect also, I think Geforce 2's and 4's are capable of that.

Best answers
As long as there is a option to turn it off, i dont have anything against it...

Best answers
sux how i cant try this mod out, doesnt seem to work. i must of installed the game wrong :(. it wont be the video card though

Best answers
Yea, it was a cool mod to beta test :p. For a brief time it even had more users idling in its chat channel than ESF.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The guy who implemented that water is named Jason. Needless to say, he's not on the ESF team.

With that being said, I'd rather them do something that actually matters, like melee. Yeah, Mechmod looked beautiful, but there's a reason no one plays it - It's gameplay is lacking. Let's not do that to ESF....

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
The guy who implemented that water is named Jason. Needless to say, he's not on the ESF team.

With that being said, I'd rather them do something that actually matters, like melee. Yeah, Mechmod looked beautiful, but there's a reason no one plays it - It's gameplay is lacking. Let's not do that to ESF....
I honestly don't understand what that has to do with ESF.. ESF already has a good game play, and will also have a good game play when v1.3 gets finished. I highly doubt this feature would effect that.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I would love to see this as an option. I wouldn't mind if this gets added to the game as long as it doesn't take the team too much work to implement it.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I honestly don't understand what that has to do with ESF.. ESF already has a good game play, and will also have a good game play when v1.3 gets finished.
You could try to be more wrong, but I don't think you'd succeed.

I don't see the harm in having crazy-looking water as an option, but what would be the point? How many maps do we have with tons of water? Once people get over the initial shock of seeing uber water, it isn't even going to matter. It's just going to be there, killing everyone's fps. Again, I don't have a problem with it being an option, but I don't see the point in using the time, energy and resources it would require to add it.

Coder - Harsens sidekick
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sorry to crush your hope and dreams, but not happening :-( In mechmod Jason was our dedicated graphics coder (he of course did many other things, but he mainly did the graphical stuff). It worked out pretty well since I did most of the main server side programming, and he worked out a lot of the client side effects. Unfortunetely, ESF is a bit more complex of a game, and we don't have such a luxury (or a programmer who loves working with shaders).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom