Mean Green Machine

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
On a quest to find back my polyflow

I know, i know gotta clean up the tricep-elbow area..

Best answers
Ok, been years since I've watched the turtles.. But since when do they have a devilish-tale?

Anyway, looks good, allthough some parts of the legs seem too pointy, especiallt the lower legs :)

★ Black Lounger ★
Best answers
poly flow needs alot of work! fingers look to bulky. And also when did the turtle grow tails? Looks like a stinger ray's tail...i'd take that off and work on the poly flow more. Just go to polycount.com or cgtalk.com and look at the game models and get a better idea of how the polyflow should look.

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
ninja turtles don't have tails.

blasphemy.

fail.

decent model though

Best answers
gj keep it up. I don't think that is a tail though. It looks like it might be a weapon or some kind of a shovel maybe... because the arms and legs are blue wires and the tail or weapon thing is red and the shell is purple in his pics. Unless it automatically does that if they were modeled seperately.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Thnx all for the replys.. ah well there goes my slight burst of creativity..bye bye tail

@ Xstortionist. Yeah i made the fingers that bulky on purpose, I cant explain what im planning (nor draw) i guess you'll just have to see when the skin is slapped on. Oh and i posted it on cgtalk and polycount before i posted it here ;P

★ Black Lounger ★
Best answers
well still the hand are still too big and expecially the thumbs and fingers are too long. You just need to work on your poly flow and porpotions.

2D/3D Artist
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Actually the turtles do have tails by the original comics

And it's looking cool man, a few suggestions though, make the fingers a tad shorter, they are not too "bulky" though.
Make the biceps longer and from the side view the top leg looks very thick and wierd on the front.
You are aware of the poly flow so there's no need for any of us to say anything about it ;] nicely done so far, keep it up man

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

Fixed most of the crits.. Dunno what exactly to change about the hands now

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
uhm.... yes, nice =D

gj!

Best answers
theres something about the head that bothers me.....

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
dont model on the headbands. just skin them on and use smoothing groups to emphesize

Best answers
Scope is right.. But eles it looks good:yes: Keep it up..

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

Thanks for the tip Gir but i tried that before i extruded it out, it didnt give me the same satisfaction, besides i can spare the polys (current: 2432 Triangles)

Scope/kenny-DK - Well, unless you clearly point out whats wrong with the head i cant fix anything =/.. I had to play around allot to get it even close to a turtle

Best answers
i think i figured out what looks weird to me, the eyes. The head itself i would have to say is more or less around the right proportions. I think that headbands are too thick or something. The upper body looks pretty good to me. I think that the front knees are a little to messy with polies. But the back of the leg looks almost perfect to me. The rest looks good.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
like said on your forums... lol.... he has more a snake look head then a green turtle anime head.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Imo, the head looks squashed a bit and the eyes make them look Asian. The eyes also look as though they're spread too far apart, though that might just be me (sleepy). Otherwise, good job on the model!

Best answers
hmm i think the face needs to have bigger cheeks, like sv model had otherwise awsome polyflow = o

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom