Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
GrimReaper said:
have you read the thread? That was one of the fastest servers on my list... There are no servers in africa and the aus ones have ping of 599 + they are the only ones in the souther-hemisphere. The lowest ping on my list is 367

and the first playable one is 369, and today it is surprisingly low...
Wow, You're actually screwed. Making your own server seem to be the only solution for you, unless someone else near by your or in your country creates a server.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
My best solution i can give you: Move to America or Europe :)

But seriously: You must play other online games other than ESF. WHat do you ping in other games?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Me and him can play against each other, I don't think our ping would be very high, highest must be 150. We live like 40km from each other, I think so we won't have a problem.
So you guys are saying that the closer the host and guest live to eachother the lower the ping can/is able to be?

My ping in other games are also pretty high, eg. Call of Duty: ping, 380

But my ping is higher then grimreaper's because of my slow internet connection and crappy specs.

Best answers
GrimReaper said:
Thanks man, I appreciate your help.

BTW. Batista is cool, but Im more of a Jeff Hardy fan :smile:
No problem man, any time. Oh and Jeff hardy is my favorite TNA wrestler, Batista is my favorite WWE wrestler by far.

Best answers
Well GrimReaper, did you atleast get your problem fixed?

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
sorry for the dealy, I was away for the week end.

@donnierisk-Yet again I am so sorry for missing the game...will make it up to you

@Skyrider-My server parts are coming the 15th from germany and I read up on port forwarding (thanks for the great link), and donnierisk created a server on the 12th but I was away :cry:

@Fire Phoenix-I really wish it was that easy :) . I play CS online and I get ping on a SA server of 0-30 so thats not to bad, but on the other servers my ping goes up to 300-500 again.

@Walmart Security-Yeah Jeff is my fav TNA guy and all round favourite, Batista, undertaker and Matt (obviously, although I think hes gone now) are my favourite WWE guys.

@Mccdbz5-Sort of, and I have learned alot from this thread about servers and stuffs :)

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
@Skyrider-My server parts are coming the 15th from germany and I read up on port forwarding (thanks for the great link), and donnierisk created a server on the 12th but I was away
You could always buy a server :eek:

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
Yeah, but my firend from germany is coming to fisit and the part over there are incredibly cheaper than here. Also, I think Im getting this port forwarding thing down and I have an extra ADSL connection through the router, so I might just make a dedicated server. Im still deciding.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
GrimReaper said:
Yeah, but my firend from germany is coming to fisit and the part over there are incredibly cheaper than here. Also, I think Im getting this port forwarding thing down and I have an extra ADSL connection through the router, so I might just make a dedicated server. Im still deciding.
Aye, ADSL connection. You are able to create a server of course, but DSL is not really a great connection for a large number of players. But it depends what your connection speed is, what is your max downstream & upstream speed? (Download & Upload)

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
um.... I'll get back to you on that one. I think I have the DSL 512 if that helps...

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
DLS 512 doesn't say much to me. There are a lot of websites where you can test your internet speed. Try google for "Internet Speed Tester" or something.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
DSL 512
I bet its going to be 62k upload.

Listen nomatter what you think, in the grand scheme of things, you arent paying for unlimited bandwidth. It is limited to quite a small feed. And DSL 512 is not going to be good for running a server. At max you can keep 4 people in one server without lag. So please just know your limits.

Buying your server might be something that you dont know waht you are getting into. If you want a server search google for people that will host servers for cash. Plus, unless you plan to host like at least 2 or 3 people on one computer, there is no reason to buy a seperate server. Ill give you a hint:
My laptop with a AMX Athlon 64 3000+ (1 gig memory) along with my college's line can easily hold 20 people (haven't tested it higher). Its not cause I have a super l33t computer. But its because this college has tons of bandwidth that our tutiton pays for. NOW on the other hand, if you take this exact same computer, and move me back home with my parent's 512k line, I can only hold 3 or 4 people without extreme lag. Once it hits 5, extreme lag happenes.

There is more to running a server than just getting a box to use with a line that is only decent for playing video games and surfing the net.

Do bunches of reasearch on your line and how much bandwidth it can handle.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
Its ok, Im not paying for the comp parts from germany, so Ill just build a second gaming pc and hope that there will be server in SA soon. Other wise Ill just make someone host a server or something. I just cant win. :(

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
GrimReaper said:
Its ok, Im not paying for the comp parts from germany, so Ill just build a second gaming pc and hope that there will be server in SA soon. Other wise Ill just make someone host a server or something. I just cant win. :(
You could always upgrade your current internet connection in to a faster one if there is one. Of course it will cost more, but you will have more benifits with the faster internet speed.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I still have ISDN.......
Isn't ADSL 1024K and I think download is 512, well atleast I think so, lol
How does a person "buy" a server, is it permanantly online, but sometimes locked, do you pay a monthly fee or something?

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yes you buy a server through paying a monthly fee to the person that auctally has the server and connection to host it.

Is basically your doing a rental on the server. What he does is he hosts lots of people on his server/connection and you, bieng the coustomer, pays for the services for a gaming server. In return he earns cash to help pay for running the server that you are renting and getting better services for the server that you are renting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom