Me now has steam but ping is 400+

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
I read somewhere in a thread about tips on how to lower ping, but I cant find it using the search forum thing. Can anyone help me with a few tips. Also I live all the way down at South-Africa so thats probably the main reason. Its fun to play online though, even when I get owned :smile:

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
Thanks man, I appreciate your help.

BTW. Batista is cool, but Im more of a Jeff Hardy fan :smile:

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You living in South Africa shouldn't be a problem. I live in the mid-west of the USA and i get 140 ping in Europe. Now if you don't have a high speed internet, that will change everything

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Fire Phoenix said:
You living in South Africa shouldn't be a problem. I live in the mid-west of the USA and i get 140 ping in Europe. Now if you don't have a high speed internet, that will change everything
Yup, most people from the USA get a ping of 100 - 180 when they play on Europe Servers. Since there are a lot of Europe servers (German, Dutch, United Kingdom & Belgium Servers) I don't really have a problem, but ping boosters might help if they have it on the servers installed. (ping boosters are server side only)

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
U have DSL. Its the 500kb/s one if Im not mistaken. I removed alot of spyware and that lowerd my ping to 380 on the fastest server. Luckly Im good enough too hold my own on 380 PING, but If I can get it down futher it would be great. Strangly my PING on the Australian servers are 500+ and on the clan servers (ZEN + KAI) I get 380. Im still working on getting the PING down though, so If anyone has a few ideas I would really appreciate it. :smile:

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This really doesnt belong in the server section, he is talking about client side stuff. But I have a feeling that you dont have much choice on that ping there. I dont think there is much demand for a server near where you live. Just keep in mind for later that this section is for talking about running servers, not client side issues.

About the only other tip I can give you is to stop running any program that is downloading or uploading anything. Close as many programs as possible (this includes winamp and windows media player). Instead of using those programs use the mp3 player inside esf. That is about all the tips that I can give you. Since it seems you well understand the whole situation.

*edit
Also make shure that others arent using your internet connection, that helps alot.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
Thanks for all the help. Next time ill post in the help section. (I think that is where this should have been). Anyways, look forward to playing against you all.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Donnie, if there are no other servers in south-afrika, then simple join servers which has the lowest ping for you. (PING can be seen when you search for servers in either steam server list, or in the game when you select "find server")

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
Me and Donnierisk are the only Sout-African players on these forums and not a lot of people know about ESF over here. The lowest PING I can get in the steam list is 380 on one of the clan servers. I cant get a faster connection because I alredy have a DSL connection and my parents wont buy a faster one soon. But I figure training at like 500x normal PING will make a beter player :p

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
DSL connection should be fast enough for you, i don't think a cable connection would decrease the ping. Then i suggest you should create your own server then, see how many people would join you.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
I tried but when I create a game it doesnt show up in the find server list. I do that sv_lan 0 thing aswell. Could you maybe give me a few pointers in creating a server?

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Best answers
ok can i get help i know that this isnt the right thread to post this in but when i create a server and i start playing it crashes about 2 mins into the game. how can i prevent that from happening. i gave seen other ppls listen servers and they all stay up untill they leave.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I have a very slow internet connection which is ISDN and another thing, I don't have steam, everytime I try to download it it turns out to be something else for some weird reason.
A router, Ive heard of that, don't need to explain what it is, my dad will tell me, lol!
hiddenmist, sorry I can't help you, as you can see, i'm useless when it comes to these stuff.
Btw, will the firewall of ones computer effect internet gaming?
And if somneday go online with ISDN, I think my ping will be around 1000 or something!

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
@donnierisk-Nah, when my server is up it will be around 100 probably, but itll probably just be the two of us most of the time :laff:

@Skyrider-thanks, Ill check into this and get back ASAP. You always help out. :yes:

@hiddenmist-sorry, I cant help either.

Best answers
You know, to get the lowest ping possible, you should go to the server that's first on your list. The one that's on top, means it has the lowest latency, which means, less ping, and about two days ago, I saw you on the same server as me O_O. Now I live all the way in America, and you live South Africa, those are far away from each other buddy, you should go to servers that are close to you. You should look for servers with low latency, that's another tip for you.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
have you read the thread? That was one of the fastest servers on my list... There are no servers in africa and the aus ones have ping of 599 + they are the only ones in the souther-hemisphere. The lowest ping on my list is 367

and the first playable one is 369, and today it is surprisingly low...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Lol, if me and you only play esf, then we will be able to train, but I have a friend that might be interested, well I don't personally know him but he's my friend's other friend, so I can get both of them which makes us 4 in total, rock on!!!!!!!!!:)

But is the ping lower the less players are playing, if so then if we play we wont really have much of a problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom