McCain, if elected, will he even last 4 years?

Dudemeister
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The only difference between this guy and Bush Jr is the fact that Bush's campaign manager didn't let him talk enough to sound that stupid.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I've heard that some people who hate Obama and aren't fans of McCain are voting for McCain regardless in the hopes that he picks a good VP, so that when he dies, someone good will take over.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I haven't a clue how US elections work, but am I right in thinking you only have a choice of 2 parties? Is there a way you can throw away your vote/abstain/spoil ballots?

whereswarren (King_Vegeta)
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Get this man, they don't have to vote.

I don't think.

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I haven't a clue how US elections work, but am I right in thinking you only have a choice of 2 parties? Is there a way you can throw away your vote/abstain/spoil ballots?
The Democratic and Republican party are the two primary political parties in the United States. However, they aren't the only political parties in the United States.

Will McCain last two terms if elected? I doubt it. Then again, George W. Bush was elected for a second term, so who knows.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
There are more than two parties, but most Americans view our party system as more of a dichotomy, and because they have the most money, and are the "official parties" as it were, they gravitate towards them. This has more to do with Americans being uneducated than us being forced to choose between the two.

Voting isn't mandatory, and we're lucky if 50% of the population votes. Considering how ridiculously religious this country is, I should put forth the idea that we need a third giant party to complete the holy trinity. Anything to have more options (since people tend not to take libertarians and independents seriously).

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Wow, %50?!

Wow...

Like, so- maaaaaan.

That is not good.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I said we'd be lucky if we got that much. It's usually hovering around 30-40.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Damn... have you guys ever considered like, getting the people involved in who runs their country?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
When you know the majority of Americans are either going to vote for a democrat or republican President, you feel like you're throwing away your vote if you vote for a 3rd party.

Even if you hate the two candidates, you could at least go out and choose the lesser of two evils in your mind. Yeah that's not what an election should be about, but it's a lot more productive than just not voting in my opinion.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If you believed the two parties were in reality 2 sides of the same coin, and no one you voted for actually mattered because, in the end, you were voting to **** yourself in slightly different ways, and even if you did vote for someone you truly believed in, he wouldn't win because he either doesn't have enough money or the voting populace is too afraid of huge change, would you care?

Some people don't care, some people know not to care, some people believe the system can be fixed, and still others believe the system should be changed entirely.

I'd rather everyone went to the voting booth and wrote in "None of the above" or something, just so people would know we're tired of this ****. Voting for the lesser of two evils is still voting for evil, and so I'm not fond of that concept.

Best answers
Out of curiosity those statistics, are those 30-40% of our population, or voting age. I assume they are voting age because the other choice is dumb, it just seems odd to me that the numbers are that low, most people I know plan on voting(of course that's just personal experience).

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Out of curiosity those statistics, are those 30-40% of our population, or voting age. I assume they are voting age because the other choice is dumb, it just seems odd to me that the numbers are that low, most people I know plan on voting(of course that's just personal experience).
Voting age. They don't count people who aren't allowed to vote, which includes children and convicts.

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Wow, %50?!

Wow...

Like, so- maaaaaan.

That is not good.
It's likely only going to get worse. Especially since there's a declining trend in voter turnout in almost all western democracies.

What saddens me even more is this:

http://www.census.gov/population/socdemo/voting/tabA-1.pdf

The dark years are the years that our presidents get elected. Look at the percentage of voters by age and see that the youngest voters have the worst turnout.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
So voting McCain. Not bothering to watch the video. This country is in too much debt for bleeding heart democrats to be throwing even more money at the homeless. And I'm voting too. If only half the population is really voting, then my vote counts for a lot more than normally.

And before anyone shouts at me, I don't remember all the details, but my parents convinced me that Obama was NOT the way to go. He promises change, but that's it. Everyone parades around him, so impressed. He tours the country trying to make peace with the religious voters, and everyone throws confetti. McCain does the same in Africa a while back (I THINK it was Africa) and nobody says a damned thing. McCain's not really ideal, but we're better off than with Obama.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom