Maybe I missed something.. (need help with bots)

Best answers
Strange, I installed bots (the ki bot) exactly how it said, but I do have one problem. I can't get them to fight me! They just stand there and warp away when I fly towards them! So all I can do is beat up on them, which gets boring after a while... Am I using the wrong bot? I thought this one looked better then the other, but anyways, maybe I just dont know the command to make them attack? Anyway, thanks in advance...

Best answers
i dont think the ki bot work with the b1.1 of ESF ... u will need to load the <b>esf bot</b> ... they are really strong, trust me

Best answers
That's the problem, lol. For some reason I thought I had version 1.2 of ESF.. I read too fast I guess, anyways thanks

edit- er, link please?

Best answers
oh, duh, im so stupid.. its in that sticky.. thanks a lot for your help man

Best answers
Odd.. It gives me some run-time errors, liblist.gam not found, etc.. what can i do?

--Oh, nevermind. I fixed it, I just had to reinstall ESF itself to remove the KI bot.

Best answers
When i instal the bots.. and change the liblist.gam... i can't even LOAD the game.. and i got another prob too.. when i start the game ... with hlsw or just with halflife.. i can't get that console down :\

Fumoffu!
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by Skean_dho
When i instal the bots.. and change the liblist.gam... i can't even LOAD the game.. and i got another prob too.. when i start the game ... with hlsw or just with halflife.. i can't get that console down :\
Sometimes you can have create problems by editing the .gam file incorrectly. Why not use the excecutable instead? It does everything for you.

Uninstall your current bots and install the new ones using the setup excecutable. You will then also need to activate the bots by using the activate bots excecutable in your ESF directory.

And as far as the console is concerned, if you installed the full version of ESF 1.1, just use the shortcut that was originally placed on your desktop. If you don't have that, create a shortcut to HL.exe with the following added parameters in the end:
-console -game ESF

Best answers
Doh i coppied my bots to class.dlls... but now i got them in the right folder... gotta get the console thing right now...
grrrrrrr...still getting a but of something about IPX but hey i can host.. now i only need to add them :D
thanks! :laff:

DOH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHEN I type Addbot in console.. it says invalid command!!!! omg i hate bots...

Fumoffu!
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by Skean_dho
Doh i coppied my bots to class.dlls... but now i got them in the right folder... gotta get the console thing right now...
grrrrrrr...still getting a but of something about IPX but hey i can host.. now i only need to add them :D
thanks! :laff:

DOH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHEN I type Addbot in console.. it says invalid command!!!! omg i hate bots...
Use the "=" button to get to the bot menu and use that to add the bots to the game.

----

Oh and Marus, do not double post again, EDIT your previous post if you wish to add something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom