May be need a both ESF and PC Expert to fix this...

Best answers
I installed Roger Wilco as I wanna try in ESF and see if it works...ESF does detected Roger Wilco but I can speak through the mic or recieve voice msg....it has a error msg like this in the console everytime I start a server:" Unable to initialize DirectSoundCapture. Trying wavein.MMSYSTEM004 The specified device is already in use. Wait until it's free, and then try again. Unable to initialize sound input. You won't be about to speak through the mic with other players..." I have no songs in the mp3 playlist...

How come roger wilco doesn't work on ESF?? or it won't work on esf at all??

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
cuz the ESF game isnt Supporting the MIC! and you get that error cuz your ESF is trying to set up 2 microphones! 1 in game, and 1 in roger wilco! and your soundcard doesnt support that. try to shutdown the mic in game. and try again. look somewere in AUDIO settings

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
No. Roger Wilco has NOTHING to do with ESF. Its a different thing alltogether, its hosted by gamespy
You need to host a room in wilco. Best put a pass on. give your room ip and name to the people you want to talk to, and your pass. after they join, you press your transmit key, then start talking. Let go of the key when your done, and wait for a responce, or you can keep on going, and going, and going. You dont even need to open a game for wilco to work, so it doesnt have anything to do with engines or mods.
Your computer wont be searching for 2 mics. It works for CS. Wilco works when the mod is running. I talk on both of them at the same time. Yes, ESF doesnt support voice comm, but it doesnt make a diff. The default Wilco transmit key is F12.. change it when your setting up. Just make sure you HOST a room for Roger Wilco, and your friends have the IP (and password if needed) to join. If no one joins your room, then you'll be talking to yourself .. If you DONT put a pass, strangers walk in and call you a retard and stuff... sometimes... ( but a lot to me :cry:)

:p sorry I didnt see this before, I dont normally go on the Help section of the forums :D

Best answers
Do they plan to integrate microphone capabilities into the new Beta, that would be cool, like the one CS has!

Best answers
I asked this question too SSj master....but mostly the reply is NO....(sob) they have all sorts of reasons like ppl abusing the mic and stuff...but if the esf team really put the mic on....I'm all for it man....

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
abuse it? how? You can MUTE the abusing people..

Best answers
I don't know...they just disagree with mics....but any ways I think is a good idead that u can talk to ppl in esf...team games needs communication without being owned while u are typing to ur teamate

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You guys are sure pulling this off topic. The reason that the idea of using microphones in ESF is generally frowned upon has to do with the speed of the mod. There's really nothing you can't do right now that you could do with a microphone. Since the microphone would only be able to talk to your team members, you wouldn't really be able to use it to chat with, and if you did it'd just piss someone else off. You could mute people who bothered you, but once you or he left the server that muted list gets erased, and you have to do it again when you come back online. Besides, people don't use text to warn other members about incomming attacks. It's never happened to me, and it probably never will, because all of the attacks in ESF are rather obvious, and there's no need to warn someone about a beam coming from behind. On top of that, ESF is a game where teamwork is typically frowned upon, and everyone wants to go it alone. I don't see why we need to advance the weak level of communication in ESF through the use of microphone.

On Topic: Try the Roger Wilco forums, see what they say.

Best answers
Nah...I know I don't need to warn others as I do things alone in esf too...(except in collecting the dragon ball mission...) any ways I just want to talk to my friend during the game instead of sticking ur phone between ur ear and neck...lol...that's all

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
And thats where Roger Wilco comes in! :D.. For CS people work in teams, but I like to rush alone, because people on my team are normally cowarding campers :D... Voice Comm wouldnt been an advantage or anything in ESF, so Roger Wilco is a good choice ... It wont slow your mod down, nor will you have people flaming you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom