Max Payne Movie?

ANBU
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Heard about it but i don't know how much it will suck/succeed...

βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
I think it'll be great. Sam Lake (one of the writer's of the game) is writing the movie, so I think it'll be fine. I liked Behind Enemy Lines, I think John Moore will make a good director. But we'll have to wait and see.

πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
If any movie based on a game would ever be good, it would be Max Payne.

ESF Head Team Mapper
πŸ‘‘ Administrator
🌠 Staff
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ‚ Regular
Best answers
when I read the title of this thread the first thing I though was "oh noes.. don't let it be an uwe boll movie"

Death from Above
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
I think it'll be great. Sam Lake (one of the writer's of the game) is writing the movie, so I think it'll be fine. I liked Behind Enemy Lines, I think John Moore will make a good director. But we'll have to wait and see.
The watchowski(sp?) brothers helped write Enter the Matrix and that game sucks ****

πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
The watchowski(sp?) brothers helped write Enter the Matrix and that game sucks ****
Yes but Sam Lake is an awesome writer and the watchowski brothers are DIRECTORS not writers.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Yes but Sam Lake is an awesome writer and the watchowski brothers are DIRECTORS not writers.
Nah, they write scripts too. To be fair, Enter the Matrix didn't suck because of the writing. It just wasn't a good game, although I did enjoy fighting immortal Smiths for 20 minutes at a time.

πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
If they take a comic approach to the movie, then it has a chance of actually being......dare i say it?........awesome o/

βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Jakut said:
If they take a comic approach to the movie, then it has a chance of actually being......dare i say it?........awesome o/
Sin City? I just came.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Eh...no. Max Payne is a film noir.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
They used comic book sequences to unfold critical plot moments.

http://www.sg.hu/kep/2001_09/max_payne_bemutato_02.jpg
Right, still unnecessary as they wouldn't add anything visually appealing to the movie in the way that, say, Miller's 300 graphic novel did for the film adaptation. They're very straight forward panels. When I watch the film, I don't want it to look like someone threw a photoshop filter over everything. All they have to do is film it in NYC and bam.

πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Actually, it will require a good "photoshop filter" to make a good Max Payne movie >_> Making some CSI would be just stupid.

βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
True, but the sepia tone overlaying 300 is what made it so visually appealing (to me, at least). I love those effects, and gritty/grainy effects can look really good as well. But I trust they'll figure out the best way to go about it, so I'm not worried.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Actually, it will require a good "photoshop filter" to make a good Max Payne movie >_> Making some CSI would be just stupid.
Uh...the story is what made Max Payne what it is, not photographs made to look like drawings/paintings. I'm speaking strictly about the film's aesthetic.

πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
I always thought I'd already seen the Max Payne movie sans the bullet-time. It was called Payback. :O

πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Actually, the comic book-ness and the gritty filters are a big part of the whole experience

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom