Max ownz Maya

Force Pit Member
Best answers
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Wow, did not see that coming at all. :O I wonder how this is all going to work out with the two programs.

Best answers
combining max with maya could be great! im not framiliar with maya but still!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yay even more options to fool around with, thx for sharing this

Best answers
That's incredible! I don't know how they'll work out each others product lines but I'm sure it'll still remain the same. Max has always been good for games and maya always good for movie quality so keeping them seperate still would be a good part for sales and business. Putting them together and combining the tools however would be a big benefit to both sides.

Nice taking out a huge competitor! :]

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Since autodesk also makes Gmax, I wonder if there will be a free version of maya, I've been itching to try maya for some time now.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Maya has had a free version for a VERY long time. It's just a learning edition and has a watermark over every viewport.

Busy Busy Busy
★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You have no idea how happy this makes me. I actually danced the dance of joy to this. I took 1 1/2 years of 3dsm classes and am fairly comfortable using it. Now at my new university I am being forced to use Maya because it's "The industry standard". I hope they merge the two or at least use the modeling tools from 3dsm. OMG. *wood*

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yes and Lightwave is still a run up :rolleyes: ;P

i dun care about this. since 3dsm is long at starting up.... so if this wont change it still will suck as before... can youu believe it? 15 mins to start up max?

Best answers
15 minutes? 5 minutes max, and it only takes so long because its loading all its hard-core features ;)

I wonder what this will bring for the future of modelers using max, (myself included)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i gues easier animating tools and mightfully some new modeling tools.

at all Lwo is just loading less then 5 sec. for me and they´re smart <_< cuz they splited the rendering and modeling parts in 2 programs so it doesnt load **** ass hell so long.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well..3dsm is 30-60 seconds here.. o_O.. But back on topic YES! i've heard so much abuot maya's rendering.. now i can see myself !

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
uhhhh dude, 25 seconds starting max, and thats if im running other things in the background too....

im really psyched about this move, however... im looking forward more, to Max 8's Pelt Mapping feature :cool:

Best answers
30 seconds here.
Hopefully from here on out we only see major jumps since now the creators of Max now have a lot of tools at their disposal and basically control the 3d graphics industries future standards of creation.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Around 15-30 seconds here.

I hope that the interface of '3ds maya' (one can dream, right?), won't change from Max's. I just got used to many functions of Max 6, but I am completely confused by Maya's.

Of course, you could still just use previous versions, but who would do that when you have more power at your hands?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Does this mean they're going to combine the two programs or keep them seperate? I mean Nestlé own all cereals but you don't see 'Chocolate coated all-bran sugar wheat frosty shreddi-bix'.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i like the sound of that cerial =S

to be honest im not sure whats happening, although Darren (Daz from polycount), said that the new software demonstration he saw made him weak at the knees hehe. he refused to say anything else though.... bastard >_>

Busy Busy Busy
★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Has anyone here actually tried modeling in Maya? If you model in both i'm curious as to which you prefer, or how you made the transition.

I hope soo very much that the bring over 3dsm's stack, modifiers, and poly tools. *crosses fingers*

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom