Mastersword continue

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
how many of you play it? i personally enjoy it a lot >_< one thing that bugs me about it was my character was deleted, so i keep it a priority to back him up all the time

a lot of things could have been improved as well, such as the magic system. but overall i can't stop playing

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I can't even get it to run, and the FAQ's on their forums are a joke. I believe one of the solutions said: "May be caused by other conditions"
Yea, thanks. That's really helpful.

However I did play the original one for WON. It was decent, but extremely buggy. The cheat maps were pretty abundant as well.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
actually this version is much better than the original.. and yes their forums aren't the greatest either >_> but if you do get it to run i bet you'll enjoy it

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Mastersword Continue? Some kind of Zelda mod for HL?

Link pls. <3

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hmmm looks interesting, might gonna try it out, downloading now.

Best answers
Hey i installed it but it wont work do i have to put it in the hl folder or sometin?

EDIT: ok i put it in the right folder but now whenever i try to join a game is gets to parsing server info then exits the game, and i have to restart the game.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I can connect to a server, but there is only 1 server. And whenever I try to create a new character it says I can't create a new character on this map. Kinda lame to create a game where you can't even create a new character if you don't join the server at a specific time.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yea it sucks >_> but theres a reason for that.. i'll try to clear up how it works

(btw first release for the remake, not the original mod)

three types of characters u can have:
1. connected to the central server
2. one created on another person's computer
3. one created on your computer

1. connected to the central server
ms:c has a central server that stores characters created on their database. this will protect people from hacking character files and being super strong or super rich. downside is that there aren't a lot of central servers out yet, so you have to wait until they put a lot more in the game. in the servers, look for the word CENTRAL in the name

2. one created on another person's computer
this type is where one person creates a server and people who join the server will have to create a character on that person's computer. the downside is that if you join another server, you cannot use that same character. this will be best only if you plan to have a friend who you will always play the game with.

3. one created on your computer
this is client side, where you create a game on your own. you can either play by yourself or with someone else who joins your game. this type of game allows you to play and level up on your own. when wanting to use the same character to play on the internet, look in the server list of games that says CLIENT SIDE CHARACTERS or something similar. downside is that others may hack and have super strength or super wealth.

also when starting a new game you ALWAYS have to start with the map EDANA. it's sort of like homebase. the other maps are accessible through map changes located in various parts of different maps. this will allow you to travel through the entire area.

also, if multiple people are playing in the same map, everyone has to want to change maps to change maps

and for you who downloaded it, i guess i'll maek the controls easier to understand...

q = put away weapon/item, if holding armor will equip it
1 = scroll through weapons (can hold up to two different kinds)
2 = scroll through spells (have to buy them)
3 = items in your sack. also can check what you're holding and wearing
x = pick up stuff from the ground
c = drop whatevers in your hand
v = choose between idle, nod, shake head, and sitting. sitting replenshes health faster
p = player's stats. press page up and page down to move between stats
f11 = buying menu if at a shop, talkin menu if talking to someone, etc.
f12 = kick people menu, time voting change menu, join a party
y = global chat, where everyone can see what you're typing
u = talk, where if you're talking to someone in the game, saying the right words and linking to what they say will sometimes allow you to do side quests, where you have attrieve what they're asking for.
i = talk to people in your party

everything else is basically reg half life controls. anyways its pretty cool, time changes from morning, day, afternoon, and night, also differnet variations of rain as well, background music for entering different areas. its like a 3d world, real time attacking, mmorpg game >_< but theres a few bugs thoe

EDIT: forgot.. if you leave a server on a certain map, you can only join the game on that SAME map. however, you can ALWAYS join edana regardless of what map you were left on

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Pain said:
However I did play the original one for WON. It was decent, but extremely buggy.
That's about what I'd say too, heh. Servers would crash about half of the time whenever they switched a map.

It's been a long time since I've played it though, so I'm downloading this to give it a try.

Best answers
Ok ive been trying to play this game for like most of the day and everytime i try to join or make a game it messes up when it gets to parsing server info, does anyone get the same problem or does anyone know whats wrong?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom