Masenko Suggestion

Orz

Best answers
Masenko right now is probably the most unused beam. For Gohan, Kamehameha is simply better in every way, and he goes SSJ quickly enough that he'll never use Masenko at all. Piccolo has to rely on it for powerstruggling, but with SBC so effective at avoiding powerstruggles entirely, why would he bother? He only has to throw a few SBCs at the incoming beam and charge up another to ensure that the target is killed.
Not only that, but it leaves them immobile, so it's often safer to use a generic beam.

In the show Masenko is mostly used as an air-to-ground beam and the way they charge it up over their head reflects this. So, when Masenko hits the ground, perhaps it could create a medium-large kiblob. Not in midair, only on flat surfaces. This makes it the equivalent of throwing a bunch of kiballs at a target on the ground and gives it an effective use in the game.

Best answers
ummmm news flash this beam is kickass it if fully charged it almsot always wins a power strugle... i use it in 1 on 1's but multiple ppl need sbc education :laff:

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
the beam reminds me of burning attack, useless. although at least with burning attack the target is blinded.

Orz

Best answers
I've never seen Masenko as being more effective than Kamehameha or multiple SBCs in a power struggle. Do we have any official numbers on their power? Anyone can try to gauge power-struggling strength, but the truth is, unless you have an exact PL as the person you're power-struggling against you can't really be sure.

As it stands, Masenko does less damage than SBC/Kame, has a small explosion, and as Pain says, it doesn't even have the blinding flash that makes up for Burning Attack's wimpiness.

I've used Masenko in power struggles, just as I've used Kamehameha and SBC. I can't honestly say that Masenko seemed to be so much better that it justified it's use.

Best answers
Magmus said:
ummmm news flash this beam is kickass it if fully charged it almsot always wins a power strugle... i use it in 1 on 1's but multiple ppl need sbc education :laff:
Are we talking about the same Masenko here? I lose to most beams when in a PS even when I am comparably stronger than the other person. However, I do use it a bit though, and it seems to be powerful enough when you hit your target directly. The ki to damage ration however is off a lot. It takes a huge amount of power to use the Masenko and the damage that you get out of it is very minimal when compared to the ki to damage ratio of the SBC.

Best answers
i use piccolos masenko and im usualy underpowered its needs to be beefed up becasue i never kill them...

mabey they jsut have less ki than me when i do it but i agree it does need to either charge faster or be stronger

Best answers
I like the charge time and the small blast radius, I just think that the ki cost should come down a lot if the damage as is now. However if it becomes a more powerful attach, then I think the ki cost should remain the same. But if they aren't going to attach the SBC and keep it attached so Piccolo can PS with it then they should reduce the cost of the Masenko in ki and charge time so he at least has one beam that is worth PS with.

Best answers
I've found Masenko to be a power struggle starter, not creator. It's more for catching that last guy on the ground, or who's holding that heavy ball of ki but not paying attention to where it should be thrown, due to it's quick charge. Also, it's quite powerful in comparison to a generic beam attack, and with the aforementioned quick charge-up, one can quickly detonate ki blobs.

I use masenko quite a lot when Gohan, when I need a fast attack... However, I do think it needs to be changed. Not nessicarilly in damage, ki cost, etc. But perhaps giving it another use (such as the medium ki blob, so as to make it more of a PL gain, and making it give more PL for a direct hit).. Or maybe increasing the beam speed. I mean, it was ALWAYS very quick to reach someone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom