Martial Arts

Which Martial/Fighting Arts do you study?

• Aikido

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Boxing (including Thai or Kickboxing)

• Judo

• Ju Jitsu

• Karate

• Kendo/Wushu (weaponry)

• Ninjitsu

• Tae Kwon Do

• Tai Chi

• Other

• Total voters

L

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I did a couple months of Ninjitsu a little while ago,
I left that city though, I was only there for a few months on visiting.
I was wanting to go back, but my sensei (Jim Gormen) left visiting his parent's or something like that.
Don't know when he'll be back, but when he is, I'm leaving this place pronto'.
(btw, is ninjitsu really eh.. violent? I was told something allong the lines of 'use this, or that to jab and peirce through your opponents wrist and be sure to twist it around a bit to ensure pain and disable his hand'..)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
theres the 'fighting style' and theres the whole ninja code/mind thing.

theres like some kendo master with no legs i think,

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Black Gohan said:
im going to aikido, i have green belt :laff: , learned really mutch. In my class there no one that can beat me. ;D

there is no green belt in Aikido... there are 3 colours below black,

5th kyu = white
4th and 3rd kyu = blue
2nd and 1st = brown

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Half a year boxing + 2 years of sparring with meh buds XD (god i broke my nose a few times sparring with them)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I used to do Tae Kwon Do, but I stopped 3 years ago. It was getting ***. Before that though I was really into Nin Ten Do, but that got *** too.

Theres an Aikido club (along with most other major MAs) at my school, and Im still considering joining that.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah...Nin Ten Do got pretty boring....wait...nintendo!?

Aikido is a really fun martial art. Its great to see someone who weighs 100 lbs more than you get taken down so quickly and easily. Apparently, size doesnt matter o_O.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
of course it doesnt, the whole point of that form, is about movement, and how to transfer energy. you can very easily convert someones displace someones forward moving energy, and perform a veriety of counters using their own kinetics against them.

although, from the very start in aikido, you learn mostly specific movements and counters, which can be used in multiple situations, but the counters should always be disciplined and solid. and not really addaptive.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
FCX, I only put Ninjitsu up there because I knew you did it, apparently so do two other people o_O

I should've chose Jiu Jitsu on that poll, i've taken it up primarily now. Useful stuff even though I nearly dislocated my shoulder earlier in a demonstration.

Best answers
Mad_AxMan said:
there is no green belt in Aikido... there are 3 colours below black,

5th kyu = white
4th and 3rd kyu = blue
2nd and 1st = brown
i don't know about aikido, but i know for karate different schools don't neccesarly have the same belt system, for example my old karate school had a different colored rank for everything but black belt. We switched to a new style when our old teacher left and we got a new one, we switched to a new belt system, which uses stripes.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
then maybe you should phrase your sentances better.

Best answers
I'm actually doing a new style of martial arts it's called Shinbudo created by the Japanese Ju jitsu champion Andrew ****inson (lol the swear filter >_<), it's a combination of many different styles: Ju jitsu, aikido, Judo and abit of kung fu however it mainly focuses of Ju jitsu (which is why I put ju jitsu on the poll) at the moment I'm a green belt but should be a blue tip in about 5 weeks.

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Fatal_CobraX said:
I did a couple months of Ninjitsu a little while ago,
I left that city though, I was only there for a few months on visiting.
I was wanting to go back, but my sensei (Jim Gormen) left visiting his parent's or something like that.
Don't know when he'll be back, but when he is, I'm leaving this place pronto'.
(btw, is ninjitsu really eh.. violent? I was told something allong the lines of 'use this, or that to jab and peirce through your opponents wrist and be sure to twist it around a bit to ensure pain and disable his hand'..)
Ninjitsu is not really violent from my understanding. They teach you a little of every Martial Art and the use of most weapons. I think they (some) still teach about stealth. What you were told is pretty much a detailed explanation of how to execute a technique with just more graphic details. My instructor when I attended Tae-Kwan-Do classes always told us what happens if we hit specific spots on the body in detail such as what you were told.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yeah, its ALWAYS important to know whats going to happen when you hit someone. otherwise, what happens if you think your hit to his solar plexus is just gonna knock him out, when it actually causes him to (litterally) spasm his guts up, and die? oops! thats murder.

basically, whats the use of teaching someone how to say the words in a sentance, without telling them what each word means?

Best answers
I used to do Tae Kwan Do. I quit after i advanced 2 belts. I got tired of running around on matts barefooted>_< It was fun for a while though.

Best answers
Took Karate for... urhm...4 years I think

Orange belt 3rd star. (Stripe if you will)

After I quit I started a mix of Boxing and Street Fighting.

So now that I am 14 I have a front Karate front stance and I mixed in street into it. So I have a street-karate style with boxing when I need to fight really up close.

Best answers
took karate for a couple weeks...made it to 3 weeks before my blue belt test and quit (school got in the way...grades arent my strong suit) and i got bored cause most of my friends have quit or moved on without me ( i was in teh class with a bunch of adults that could hardly do the stretches >.<) but ya...in my near future im thinkg about taking kung fu and learning a bit more about karate then ill be good ( got in a fight with someone...lets just say "they didnt walk away") i think i broke the kids arm idk....i warned him not to piss me off..but no one listens to good adice anymore....

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Which is exactly why certain people shouldn't be allowed to take martial arts. Besides learning to fight, its also supposed to build character. 95% of the time, there is a way to avoid fighting.

Breaking the dude's arm isnt cool either unless he pulled a knife or some kind of weapon on you.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Even then you're taught to confiscate or dispose of the weapon rather than breaking their limbs so they can't use it.

majin_uub said:
got in a fight with someone...lets just say "they didnt walk away") i think i broke the kids arm idk....i warned him not to piss me off..but no one listens to good adice anymore....
When people phrase stories like that it's frankly not believable. If anything, martial arts are supposed to teach you discipline.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Lolz. I was walking down the street, and some guy smiled at me, so I did a double back flip, hit him in the throat, jumped behind him, kicked the back of his knees, boxed his ears, and ripped off his head (the spinal cord came out too).

If you know you can beat the crap out of someone, there isnt any point in going overboard. Breaking someone's arm because he pissed you off shows people the type of person you really are. Learn to control yourself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom